Yangtze Cruise FAQs & Tips
Before Your Cruise
- When is the best time to have my Yangtze River Cruise?
- What to Pack for My First Yangtze Cruise?
- What kind of clothes should I wear and pack?
- What kind of daily commodities should I bring with?
- The proper travel documents I have to bring with all the time?
- Can I pay the fees onboard by the Credit Card? Or I have to pay the cash?
- How about the medical service on aboard? Is there any basic medicine to be offered?
- If I travel with my little kids, can they arrange extra bed for my children?
- Can I take my pets to travel China?
- How to Get to the Port for My Yangtze River Cruise?
Choose Your Best Cruise Line
- Which cruise line I should choose? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each line?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of upstream and downstream each?
- How to choose the Best Ship for My Yangtze Cruise?
- How long is the cruise vacation?
- Why some itineraries include the Shennong Stream and Lesser Three Gorges, while others not?
- Chongqing to Wuhan cruise route is listed as lasting 5 days, but why it really covers only 4 days?
Decks & Cabins of Cruise Ships
- How to Choose the Best Cabin for My Yangtze Cruise?
- How many types of cabin do the cruise ships have generally?
- What's the relation between the cruise price and the types of ships cabins?
- Where are the Staterooms, dining rooms, restaurants, entertainment and gym facilities located?
- Are there any Barber Shop, Clinic, Gift Shop, Library and Business Center? And Where are they?
- Can I have a private balcony or ocean-view portholes for sightseeing?
- What does the standard staterooms look like?
- What does the deluxe suites look like?
Dining and Sleeping on Cruise Ship
- What kind of foods to be offered on my cruise ship?
- Can I ask for some special request about the dining service?
- Are there any special dishes for vegetarian, religious custom, or something else?
- Is the water onboard safe to drink?
- Do I have a private bathroom?
- The room service usually includes?
- What about tipping?
- How much should I pay the porters when I embark and disembark?
- What does my cruise fare include?
- How do I pay for my cruise?
- How do I book my cruise?
- Can I know the assigned cabin for me now? So that I can assure myself that I get the best cabin according to my booking?
- Must I pay in the Chinese Currency / RMB?
- What kind of stuff I have to pay onboard?
- What currency is used onboard? Is there currency exchange service?
- Do the staffs onboard speak English?
- Can I smoke onboard and what are the smoking policies?
- Are there laundry services onboard?
- Is there the Internet access on board? How can I touch with the outside world?
- What is the voltage on board? Can I use my phone, hair dryer or shaver?
- Which cruise has swimming pool onboard?
- Are the shore excursions weary?
- Can I have the services of some private tour guides while on board?
- What kind of activities, entertainment or parties to be held on board?
Security, Luggage & Valuables
- How about the securities are on board?
- Where should I put my luggage?
- Should I bring with my valuables?
- My luggage will be delivered aboard if I join in the group travelers? But, if I am an individual tourist?
Top Recommended Yangtze River Ships
- Why Cruise Yangtze River
- Yangtze River Maps
- How to Get to Yangtze?
- Yangtze Cruise Routes
- Upstream or Downstream?
- Yangtze Cruise Ships Index