Changjiang Cruises - Cruises for State Guests & Reasonable Price in 2021
Changjiang Cruises used to be affiliated to the Victoria Cruises, and now operated by "Changjiang Overseas Cruise Travel Co.LTD", have 5-star and 4.5-star cruises with very reasonable prices.
Although the fleet has no obvious advantages compared with the other top Yangtze cruise companies: Victoria, Century and President, but its new Yangtze 2 cruise, with first voyage in Sept. 2011, is really popular and got tons of great feedbacks from the real travelers. Also, the Yangtze 2, a very large ship of 103.8 meter long makes every guest onboard enjoy comfortable space to get real relaxed, and with its especially spacious Presidential Suite up to 300 s.q.m., family travelers will enjoy more closer moments together during the journey. Furthermore, the Yangtze 1, once being the appointed ship to receive state guests offers good impression for world travelers.
Top Changjiang Cruise Ships
- Cruise Calendar
- Fleet Comparison
- Booking & Boarding Tips
- Life onboard
Changjiang Cruises Calendar in 2021 & 2022
Ramark: CQ=Chongqing; YC=Yichang
Changjiang Cruises Itinerary
All ships of Changjiang Cruises sail along the most popular route between Chongqing and Yichang with a stable departure all year round and provide the kinds of shore excursions to those classic cultural and historical heritages along the Yangtze River.
In 2021/2022, travelers can choose the itineraries:
• 4 Days & 3 Nights Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang
• 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing
Changjiang Cruises Chongqing - Yichang Itinerary & Shore Excursions
|/||Yichang to Chongqing (5D & 4N)||Chongqing to Yichang (4D & 3N)|
|Included||Optional (CNY/pp)||Included||Optional (CNY/pp)|
- Please note that the shore excursions are subject to change due to weather, river conditions and permission from the navigational authorities. The cruise company will arrange the same fabulous sightseeing if the prearranged sites cannot be visited in a particular case.
- The OPTIONAL shore excursion needs extra charge and you have the final say whether you take it or not.
- The OPTIONAL shore excursions are prepared based on the number of visitors who want to go. You can visit if there are 30 or more people interested (the number of visitors may be adjusted based on the real situation). You have the final decision where to go or not on your own. If yes, tell the reception desk who would register for you and receive your pay in site. The ARRANGED shore excursions are included in your quotation, so you could visit the sites without extra charge. However, if you do not visit the sites, the fees of arranged shore excursion sites are not refunded. If you do not visit the shore excursions, you could stay on the ship to enjoy some leisure time. And for your safety, you are not allowed to leave your ship on your own.
- Choose the ship to see the SAMPLE cruise itinerary.
Compare the Ships
Changjiang Cruises offers one luxury 5-star cruising ship and one cost-effective 4.5-star ships that sailing between Chongqing and Yichang, to satisfy customers’ different needs and budget. To help you find the best Changjiang cruise ship according to your own need, we’ve listed the facilities and features of all Changjiang Cruise ships in the table below, so you can compare them in a glance.
Changjiang Cruises Booking Tips
Please Provide Complete Information for Booking
When booking a Changjiang Cruise ship, please provide us the complete information including your and your group members’ name, nationality (if you have two nationalities, please show us the nationality used for entry visa), gender, passport number, date of birth, your favorite cabin and amount of cabins, and other personal requirements.
Valid Documents & Real-name Registration
When booking the Changjiang cruise ships with us, please provide us the correct passport info, like your name and passport number. Real-name registration is needed when booking the cruise. If there is any change for your passport, please contact us and provide us the latest personal info that we should deliver to the cruise company once you changed.
What’s Include & Exclude in Changjiang Cruise Fee
The following items are included in your cruise fare and there is no need to pay when you board a Changjiang Cruise ship.
- Entrance Fees: The arranged shore excursions listed in the itinerary of your cruise ship. Arranged downstream and upstream shore excursions include Shibaozhai Pagoda, Shennv Stream and Three Gorges Dam Site; and the arranged upstream shore excursions include Three Gorges Dam Site, Shennong Stream and Shibaozhai Pagoda.
- Meals: The daily meals (specified with “B”, “L” or “D”) on your cruise ship.
- Cabins: A bed in the cabin as specified in the itinerary. You could enjoy your room during daytime and night. Usually,
Chongqing to Yichang for 3 nights onboard;
Yichang to Chongqing for 4 nights onboard;
- Activities & Lectures: Captain Welcome Party, singing and dancing shows, fashion shows, Chinese Yangtze culture and history lectures, Captain Farewell party;
- Cleaning:room cleaning service every day;
- Local guides for the arranged shore excursions;
- Accident Injury Insurance;
- Service Charge & Government Taxes.
The following items are excluded in the Changjiang cruise fare. If you want to enjoy the services, you need to pay extra fees accordingly.
- Transfers: Transportation between Chongqing Jiangbei Airport / Chongqing North Railway Station and Chongqing Chaotianmen Port; also between Yichang Sanxia Airport and Maoping Port, Maoping Port to Yichang East Railway Station for downstream embarkation; between Yichang Sanxia Airport / Yichang East Railway Station and Yichang Sandouping Port.
- Optional Shore Excursions: For Yangzte 1, Fengdu Ghost City (downstream), White Emperor City, Tribe of Three Gorges and Boat Trackers Towing the Boat when visiting Shennong Stream need extra charge, each is for 290 Yuan/person; (2) For Yangzte 2, Fengdu Ghost City (downstream), White Emperor City, Ship Lift (or Tribe of Three Gorges or Quyuan Temple) and Boat Trackers Towing the Boat when visiting Shennong Stream need extra charge, each is for 290 Yuan/person.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, clinic service, faxes, telephone calls, spa, salon, shopping, Internet, DVDs, etc.
- Meals: Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L", or "D".
- Single Room Supplement: If you want to stay in one cabin (usually two beds in one cabin) on your own, you need to pay higher than one room shared with another.
- Tip: There is a mandatory service tip required to be paid when checking in the cruise, you can pay at the ship reception counter. You can decide to pay or not for volunteer tips to river guide, cruise director and staff onboard.
Changjiang Cruises Boarding Tips
Call the Ship or Check Email ahead
In normal circumstances, no matter you take downstream or upstream Changjiang Cruises, you usually embark your ships at Chongqing Chaotianmen Port / Yichang Maoping Port / Yichang Sandouping Port. Check the exact ship for detailed boarding time. Also, the boarding port may do some adjustment for special events, like weather condition, level of water, river navigational conditions, annual maintenance of the Three Gorges Dam ship locks, etc.
To make everything go smoothly, please call the ship (the phone number we’ll show you clearly in the Confirmation Letter) one day ahead or at least in the morning on the boarding day. Or, you can also check your mailbox on the boarding day or one day before for the updated boarding information our travel consultant delivered. Please make sure your phone can be called through in China, so that we can also call you if there is any urgent change.
Find the Exact Pier in Chongqing & Yichang
Chongqing Chaotianmen Port is the general pier name and it is consisted of 13 sub-piers. While, Yichang Maoping Port is about 75 kilometers’ driving distance away from Yichang Sanxia Airport (takes about 1.5 hours), about 60 kilometers’ driving distance away from Yichang East Railway Station (takes about 1.5 hours) and about 55 kilometers’ driving distance way from Yichang downtown (takes about 1-1.5 hours). Travelers who take an upstream cruise will first gather at Yichang East Railway Station or Yichang Three Gorges Cruise Terminal to take the arranged bus to Maoping Port for embarkation. Yichang Sandouping Port is about 70 kilometers away from Yichang Sanxia Airport (takes about 1.5 hours by driving) and 51 kilometers from Yichang East Railway Station (takes about 1-1.5 hours).
For the boarding piers is not so easy to get to, you’d better use our worry free private transfer service. The local guide or driver will take you to the correct cruise pier from the airport / train stations, etc.
Board Your Ship at the Scheduled Time
Please plan your transportation ahead and board your ship at schedule time. If there is any trouble for your flights, train or local transportation to the port causing you arrive at the port late, please contact us at first time and we’ll try our best to help you solve the problem.
Collect Cruise Ticket at the Pier
Travelers will collect the cruise ticket with your real-name info signed at the corresponding port in Chongqing / Yichang, make sure your passport and ticket with consistent information, and get security check before board the ship for checking-in.
Please kindly note that if you do not book private transfer with us and need to hire the local porters to carry your luggage in either Chongqing or Yichang Port to your ship, please discuss the price with the porter beforehand. It usually charges according to the number of your luggage.
For more Changjiang Cruises booking and boarding questions, please feel free to contact our professional cruise agents who are here ready to help you at any time!
Cuisine & Drinking
The chefs on board our two luxury cruise lines have years of experience and are famous on the Yangtze River cruises for serving only the best. They provide guests from around the world with an ultimate sensory experience of color, smell, taste and beauty of dishes. No matter Chinese food or western food, it is definitely authentic. No matter Sichuan, Cantonese or Huaiyang cuisine, it always tastes wonderful. Dessert, coffee, Chongqing Dandan noodles and stewed meatballs with brown sauce are invariably delicate and tempting without exception.
A welcoming cocktail party and farewell banquet will be hosted on board and you will enjoy state class treatment full of joy and laughter.
- Special dietary requirements, such as diabetic or vegetarian, are accepted onboard, but need to be advised in advance at time of booking with us or you can tell the front desk when checking in.
- The scheduled time listed for each Changjiang cruise ship is for reference and it may do some adjustment based on the real situation. You can have a clear idea about the daily schedule by listening to the broadcast.
- Each ship has a bar offering offers drinks, beverage, wines for travelers from morning till night.
- The legal drinking age on Changjiang Cruise ships is 18 years old.
Captain's Welcome Party & Farewell Banquet
Usually, on the first or second day, the captain will hold a cocktail party for his guests, you will have a chance to communicate with each other and get to known the crew.
The Captain and crew will hold a farewell party for guests, with folk dances and traditional music for the guests. Dinner and drink will be provided. At the end of the party, the Captain will totast the guests and farewell to all guests.
Tai Chi Chuan learning
Every guest on Changjiang Cruises will have a chance to practice this ancient art. Lessons are held each morning and will be taught by a trained Tai Chi master. Each lesson lasts twenty to thirty minutes.
Chinese Calligraphy & Painting
Chinese calligraphy and painting are famous for their particular fascination. The artists will show you their performance, after that you will have a chance to practice for yourself. The others: story-telling, mahjong, you will come to know the Chinese culture and lose yourself in them.
Gathering & Entertainment
Most attendants from every section have much talent for performing. They are good at dancing and singing, when you get to know each other, it will be like a family gathering.
Phone Calls and Internet Access
International / local phone calls are available on all Changjiang cruise ships. Each ship is also equipped with Internet access and an Internet cafe on board. All of these services are fee-based and you can sign these charges to your account and settle them at the end of the voyage.
Useful Articles & Travel Guide for Yangtze River Cruise
- How to Plan a Yangtze River Cruise in 2021/2022?
- There are some aspects you should consider before booking a cruise - best time, travel length, cruise ship and line, accommodation and dining onboard, onboard activities and cruise holiday extension...
- What to See & Do along the Yangtze River?
- Fully know what to see along the section between Chongqing and Yichang, and make some preparations before taking the amazing shore excursions to different sites along the Three Gorges.
- How to Get to Chongqing & Chaotianmen Dock?
- Chongqing Chaotianmen Dock is only port used in Chongqing. Check the latest transportation guide to know how to get to Chongqing first and then make a transfer to Chaotianmen Dock and its sub-piers.
- How to Get to Yichang & Maoping Port?
- Travelers should first get to Yichang by air or train and then reach Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal for a shuttle bus at the appointed time to Maoping Port.