What to Pack for Yangtze Cruise
- Travel documents (must need): valid Passport and Chinese Visa are necessary for tourists, which cannot be lost.
- Airline or Train tickets
- "Carry On" luggage: air travel in China is limited to 2 pieces for first class travelers and one piece for business and economy class travelers. The dimensions of each shall not exceed 20X40 X55cm and the total weight of the above two pieces shall not exceed 5 kg. The carryon items in excess of the above mentioned piece, weight or dimension shall be checked-in as checked baggage according to regulations.
- Confirmation Letter: once you book with us, we will email you a confirmation letter, which listed your personal info and all cruise information about cruise port and cruise itinerary. We recommend you to print this letter and easy for you to check your cruise itinerary after getting aboard.
- Address and telephone number list: A list of e-mail addresses, mailing addresses and telephone numbers will help keep you in touch. Type them onto a sheet instead of taking a whole address book makes your package light.
- Casual clothes to pack: according to different seasons, you can pack light jackets, Jeans, T-shirts and lightweight windbreaker are packed for springs and autumns; cottons T-shirts and shorts are for hot summers, and you should take the hats, sunglasses, suntan lotions, etc. And comfortable walking shoes, like sneakers for your shore excursions.
- Daily commodities: common use can be offered onboard and your cabin, like Tooth Brush, Toothpaste, Comb, etc. if you like you can bring your own. Meanwhile, all valuables and breakables, including credit cards, wallet, jewelry, electronics and cameras as well as any essential medicines, please hand-carry with you.
www.yangtze-river-cruises.com is specialized in Yangtze River cruise booking for many years and we know how to make our travelers plan a perfect Yangtze cruise. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our cruise experts and they’ll help you make your booking a breeze.
Top Recommended Yangtze River Ships
- How to Plan a China Yangtze Tour
- What's Included in your Cruise Fare
- Confirmation Letter
- What to Pack
- How to Get to Yangtze Cruise Ports?
- Embarkation Time, Ports & Tips
Questions & Discussions
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.
Thanks for your question. The month of Nov-Dec 18 is the early winter time of China. Cold and wind occurs frequently along the Yangtze River, thus we suggest you to take your down jackets, heavy pants, heavy sweaters, scarves, etc. for you may want to go sightseeing on the sun deck or do some shore excursions. However, you won’t feel very cold onboard for central air-conditioner is well equipped in every cruise with an average temperature at around 26℃.
Wish you a memorable cruise & pleasant onwards Journey!
Thanks for your question! Usually, there is a hair dryer in the drawer of the cabin or bathroom onboard most of Yangtze River ships. If you can't find one in your cabin, you could get one from the staff at the reception desk.
Wish you a nice ship experience in China!
I'm travelling from Australia to china in April 2019 for my 50th Birthday, will i need to pack long pants & tops or will 3/4 be enough i do feel the cold.
Thank you for the question. I think you have chosen a great time for the cruise tour. Actually, spring is one of the best seasons to explore Yangtze River (another is autumn). The weather in April is getting warmer and warmer and more comfortable. However, it is still a little bit cold there, especially in the early morning and night. You’d better take light sweaters, jackets or coats with you. Considering getting a more convenient experience, you are highly recommended to wear comfortable shoes. As central air-conditioner is well equipped in every cruise with an average temperature at around 26℃ in the whole ship all year round, you can prepare some clothing according to your physical conditions.
Besides, you can get more details about Yangtze River Cruise Weather & Cruise Clothing at https://www.yangtze-river-cruises.com/yangtze-river-guide/yangtze-river-cruise-weather.html
Wish you a memorable birthday cruise experience in China!
Thank you again for your question. Actually, spring and autumn are two best traveling seasons for Yangtze River cruise in China, when the weather is most comfortable, the rainfall is the lowest and you could enjoy the really splendid sceneries of the Three Gorges and the Yangtze River. However, there would be some rainy days. Furthermore, a lot of people choose to enjoy the cruise during those periods, during April to early June and September to November. If you want to experience it with the lowest budget, winter is more suitable, during December to the next February. Also, summer time is also very good to spend some happy hour with the children in your family. You could tell us about your ideal time for traveling to the Yangtze, your group size, nationality, E-mail address, and some other requirements, and our professional travel consultant would answer you soon to tailor make a great Yangtze River cruise tour for you.
Have a nice day!
Thank you for the question. It is summer during June and July at the Yangtze River Three Gorges area. It usually is a little hot during day time, and there would be some rain. You could prepare some light clothes for summer and light coat or knitwear for time at night since there is wind on the river. You are highly recommended to prepare your umbrella and other rain gears like rain coat. However, as the whole cruise is facilitated with central air conditioner, you could feel cool and comfortable onboard during the Yangtze River cruise holiday!
Enjoy your cruising on the Yangtze!
Thanks for your question. Usually dressing code for captain's welcome and farewell party is not very formal. Such as, suite, tie, evening dress, etc. are not strictly required. You can dress as comfortable as possible to enjoy your cruise tour, but too casual clothes like jeans, round-neck shirts, shorts, slipperier, and so forth are better to avoid.
Hope you enjoy the trip on the Yangtze River!