Yangtze River Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing
Yangtze Cruises from Yichang to Chongqing is a popular upstream route of Yangtze River, taking 4 nights and 5 days.
This classic itinerary takes you to watch all the highlights of China Yangtze unfold before your eye. You may grasp at the stunning natural scenery as you cruise along Three Gorges, and be amazed at the world-famous project Three Gorges Dam etc.
Popular Ships for Yichang Chongqing Route
Looking for luxury Yangtze cruises from Yichang to Chongqing? In 2019, there are altogether 25 ships sailing upstream from Yichang to Chongqing. The ships in the following table are the popular ones. To view more ships, please go to 2019 Yangtze River Cruise Ship List.
5 Days & 4 Nights Yichang Chongqing Cruise Sample Itinerary
Please Note: The following is the SAMPLE itinerary sailing from Chongqing to Yichang. The detailed sailing time, activities onboard and shore excursions may vary with different cruise companies. When decided your Yangtze ship, please view the exact itinerary offered by the ship.
Day 1 Yichang
- 16:00-21:00 Gather at Yichang East Railway Station or Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal. Take the bus arranged by the cruise company head to Maoping Port for embarkation.
Yichang, renowned as “Gateway to the Three Gorges” and “Throat between Sichuan and Hubei”, is an important trading port and a transportation hub along the Yangtze River.
Day 2 Yangtze River Cruise (B, L, D)
- 08:00-09:00 Pass through Xiling Gorge
- 13:00-15:00 Shore excursion to Three Gorges Dam
- 18:00 Buffet dinner & captain's welcome party
The Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze is one of the largest construction projects ever undertaken by mankind. This great dam, the biggest hydropower project in the world, provides China with tremendous power generation and flood control service.
Three Gorges Dam
Day 3 Yangtze River Cruise (B, L, D)
- 08:00-11:30 Shore excursion to Shennong Stream
- 13:00-15:00 Pass through Wu Gorge
- 15:00-16:00 Pass through Qutang Gorge
Shennong Stream is a collection of local culture. The nature scenery, boat tracker, local sampan, ancient hanging coffins, unique ethnic minority Tujia culture… all is worth your exploration.
Day 4 Yangtze River Cruise (B, L, D)
- 08:00-10:00 Shore excursion to Shibaozhai Pagoda
- 13:00-15:00 shore excursion to Fengdu Ghost City
- 18:00 Captain’s Farewell Party
Fengdu Ghost City, is where the devil lives according to Chinese legend. The temples built on Ming Mountain show punish instruments and demon paintings, depicting the Chinese people’s imagination of hell.
Shibaozhai, like a pearl on Yangtze River, is 278 kilometers away from Chongqing. As the gem of Chinese Architecture, the 12-story, 18th Century red wooden temple is an architectural delight full of Legends and beautiful stories.
Fengdu Ghost City
Day 5 Chongqing Disembark(B)
- 09:00 after breakfast, disembark in Chongqing
Chongqing is China’s fourth municipality after Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin, attracting visitors from home and aboard for its cultural heritage and tourist attractions. Located at the confluence of Yangtze River and Jialing River, Chongqing serves as either a port of destination or of departure for most of the Yangtze Cruise Ships.
Chongqing Chaotianmen Dock
Interested in Yangtze River Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang instead of Yichang to Chongqing? You can take a look at the 4 days & 3 nights downstream cruise from Chongqing to Yichang for more reference. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our professional cruise agents!
1. The above information including itinerary, attractions, and shore excursions, is not fixed and will be changed slightly because of the differences in ships, seasons, water levels, and weather condition.
2. Included meals as noted in above itinerary: (B) = Breakfast (L) = Lunch (D) = Dinner.
Not easy to find the right cruise ship/itinerary for you? Please contact one of our Yangtze cruise specialists to save your time and money. Click the right button to send an online inquiry and we will get back to you within 0.5~23.5 hours.
Your can rely on their expert knowledge and endless enthusiasm!
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: