President Cruises: Newest & Largest Fleet on Yangtze River
President Cruises, with three ships all built after 2011, is one of the newest and largest fleets on the Yangtze River. It has won the “Outstanding Integrity of the Yangtze River Shipping Company”. In 2022, the fleet sails between Chongqing and Yichang, with 4 Days & 3 Nights downstream itinerary (CQ->YC) and 5 Days & 4 Nights upstream itinerary (YC->CQ).
The President No.7 & President No.8 are very large with the total length of 146.8 meters. And they are all built with the world’s most advanced power-driven river systems and latest technology floating deck, featured in noise damping and shipping more stable. To satisfy family travel with kid’s needs, 100 of 215 deluxe cabins of the vessels can be upgraded into triple rooms for families and other recreational facilities will bring travelers extraordinary and relaxing experience. Also, the President No.6 with all comfortable hard and soft facilities as well as elegant design is among the top choice for cruise travelers to Yangtze River. 187 cabins and suites of 4 types satisfy diverse cruising people onboard.
- Latest Port News for Embarkation & Disembarkation in Yichang:
- In the whole year of 2022, travelers will embark & disembark your President cruise ship at Yichang Maoping Port. (1) For downstream, the cruise company will arrange tourist buses and pick you up Three Gorges Dam Site after the dam visiting and transfer you directly to Yichang downtown area for leave. (2) For upstream, you need to arrive at Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal during 17:30-20:30, and then take the tourist buses arranged by the cruise company to Maoping Port.
Top 3 President Cruise Ships
- Cruise Calendar
- Fleet Comparison
- Booking & Boarding Tips
- Life onboard
President Cruises Calendar in 2022 & 2023
Ramark: CQ=Chongqing; YC=Yichang
President Cruises Itinerary
All President Cruises ships sails along the most popular route between Chongqing and Yichang with a stable departure all year round and provide the classic shore excursions to those natural, cultural and historical heritages along the magnificent Yangtze River.
In 2022/2023, travelers can choose the itineraries:
• 4 Days & 3 Nights Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang
• 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing
President Cruises Chongqing - Yichang Itinerary & Shore Excursions
|/||Upstream Sites (YC-CQ)||Downstream Sites (CQ-YC)|
|Included||Optional (CNY/pp)||Included||Optional (CNY/pp)|
- Please note that the shore excursions are subject to change due to weather, river conditions and permission from the navigational authorities. The cruise company will arrange the same fabulous sightseeing if the prearranged sites cannot be visited in a particular case.
- The OPTIONAL shore excursion needs extra charge and you have the final say whether you take it or not.
- The OPTIONAL shore excursions are prepared based on the number of visitors who want to go. You can visit if there are 30 or more people interested (the number of visitors may be adjusted based on the real situation). You have the final decision where to go or not on your own. If yes, tell the reception desk who would register for you and receive your pay in site. The ARRANGED shore excursions are included in your quotation, so you could visit the sites without extra charge. However, if you do not visit the sites, the fees of arranged shore excursion sites are not refunded. If you do not visit the shore excursions, you could stay on the ship to enjoy some leisure time. And for your safety, you are not allowed to leave your ship on your own.
- Choose the ship to see the SAMPLE cruise itinerary.
Compare the Ships
Ships of President Cruises are 5-star, with the 2013 newly built ships - President 7 & President 8 sailing on Yangtze River. We’ve listed the facts of all President Cruises ships in the table below, in order to help you choose the best President ship according to your need.
President Cruises Booking Tips
Please Provide Complete Information for Booking
When booking a President Cruise ship, please provide us the complete information including your and your group members’ name, nationality (if you have two nationalities, please show us the nationality used for entry visa), gender, passport number, date of birth, your favorite cabin and amount of cabins, and other personal requirements.
Valid Documents & Real-name Registration
When booking the President cruise ships with us, please provide us the correct passport info, like your name and passport number. Real-name registration is needed when booking the cruise. If there is any change for your passport, please contact us and provide us the latest personal info that we should deliver to the cruise company once you changed.
What’s Include & Exclude in President Cruise Fee
The following items are included in your cruise fare and there is no need to pay when you board a President Cruise ship.
- Entrance Fees: The arranged shore excursions listed in the itinerary of your cruise ship. Arranged downstream and upstream shore excursions include Shibaozhai Pagoda, Shennv Stream and Three Gorges Dam Site.
- Meals: The daily meals (specified with “B”, “L” or “D”) on your cruise ship.
- Cabins: A bed in the cabin as specified in the itinerary. You could enjoy your room during daytime and night. Usually,
Chongqing to Yichang for 3 nights onboard;
Yichang to Chongqing for 4 nights onboard;
- Activities & Lectures: Captain Welcome Party, singing and dancing shows, fashion shows, Chinese Yangtze culture and history lectures, Captain Farewell party;
- Cleaning:room cleaning service every day;
- Local guides for the arranged shore excursions;
- Accident Injury Insurance;
- Service Charge & Government Taxes.
The following items are excluded in the President cruise fare. If you want to enjoy the services, you need to pay extra fees accordingly.
- Transfers: Transportation between Chongqing Jiangbei Airport / Chongqing North Railway Station and Chongqing Chaotianmen Port; also between Yichang Sanxia Airport and Maoping Port, Maoping Port to Yichang East Railway Station for downstream embarkation.
- Optional Shore Excursions: Fengdu Ghost City, Jade Emperor Scenic Area, White Emperor City, Quyuan Birthplace, Three Gorges Dam Ship Lift and Tribe of Three Gorges need extra charge. Each is for 280 Yuan/person, except Quyuan Birthplace charges for 240 Yuan/person.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, clinic service, faxes, telephone calls, spa, salon, shopping, Internet, DVDs, etc.
- Meals: Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L", or "D".
- Single Room Supplement: If you want to stay in one cabin (usually two beds in one cabin) on your own, you need to pay higher than one room shared with another.
- Tip: There is a mandatory service tip required to be paid when checking in the cruise, you can pay at the ship reception counter. You can decide to pay or not for volunteer tips to river guide, cruise director and staff onboard.
President Cruises Boarding Tips
Call the Ship or Check Email ahead
In normal circumstances, no matter you take downstream or upstream President Cruises, you usually embark your ships at Chongqing Chaotianmen Port / Yichang Maoping Port. Check the exact ship for detailed boarding time. Also, the boarding port may do some adjustment for special events, like weather condition, level of water, river navigational conditions, annual maintenance of the Three Gorges Dam ship locks, etc.
To make everything go smoothly, please call the ship (the phone number we’ll show you clearly in the Confirmation Letter) one day ahead or at least in the morning on the boarding day. Or, you can also check your mailbox on the boarding day or one day before for the updated boarding information our travel consultant delivered. Please make sure your phone can be called through in China, so that we can also call you if there is any urgent change.
Find the Exact Pier in Chongqing & Yichang
Chongqing Chaotianmen Port is the general pier name and it is consisted of 14 sub-piers. While, Yichang Maoping Port is about 75 kilometers’ driving distance away from Yichang Sanxia Airport (takes about 1.5 hours), about 60 kilometers’ driving distance away from Yichang East Railway Station (takes about 1.5 hours) and about 55 kilometers’ driving distance way from Yichang downtown (takes about 1-1.5 hours). Travelers who take an upstream cruise will first gather at Yichang East Railway Station or Yichang Three Gorges Cruise Terminal to take the arranged bus to Maoping Port for embarkation.
For the boarding piers is not so easy to get to, you’d better use our worry free private transfer service. The local guide or driver will take you to the correct cruise pier from the airport / train stations, etc.
Board Your Ship at the Scheduled Time
Please plan your transportation ahead and board your ship at schedule time. If there is any trouble for your flights, train or local transportation to the port causing you arrive at the port late, please contact us at first time and we’ll try our best to help you solve the problem.
Collect Cruise Ticket at the Pier
Travelers will collect the cruise ticket with your real-name info signed at the corresponding port in Chongqing / Yichang, make sure your passport and ticket with consistent information, and get security check before board the ship for checking-in.
Please kindly note that if you do not book private transfer with us and need to hire the local porters to carry your luggage in either Chongqing or Yichang Port to your ship, please discuss the price with the porter beforehand. It usually charges according to the number of your luggage.
For more President Cruises booking and boarding questions, please feel free to contact our professional cruise agents who are here ready to help you at any time!
Cuisine & Drinking
Authentic Chinese cuisine with a mix of Western specialties is served on all Presidential Cruise vessels. Breakfast and lunch are buffet and dinner is arranged in Chinese table. The dining of each meal will be hearty, palatable and healthy.
- Special dietary requirements, such as diabetic or vegetarian, are accepted onboard, but need to be advised in advance at time of booking with us or you can tell the front desk when checking in.
- The scheduled time listed for each President ship is for reference and it may do some adjustment based on the real situation. You can have a clear idea about the daily schedule in the grand hall or by listening to the broadcast.
- Local flavor cuisine: Please contact the Dining Room if you want to taste a specific dish of local cuisine along the Yangtze River.
- Midnight Snack: Please contact the Front Desk or House Keeping in advance if midnight snacks needed.
- Birthday or anniversary: Please contact the Front Desk in advance to order birthday cake.
Stay with your family in the large, comfortable and humanized cabins with President Cruises!
The newest President No.7 and President No.8 have three types of cabins & suites onboard including Deluxe Cabins, Executive Suites and Presidential Suites. While, President No.6 has four types of cabins & suites that travelers can choose among Deluxe Cabins, Executive Suites and Deluxe Suites and Presidential Suites.
Besides the cozy beds, the other facilities in the cabins usually include table, chairs, sofa, broadcast, refrigerator, television, telephone, guide to using the telephone, ball-point pen, note, private bathrooms, bathtub, shower, shower cap, towels, soap, cups, toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, shampoo, shower gel, toilet paper, slipper, clothesline, clothes hanger, thermos, bottled water, coffee bags, coffee-mate, white sugar, brown sugar, safe box, hair dryer, shoe polisher, life jacket, laundry bag and so on.
- The size of deluxe cabins of all the President ships is above 26m² with private balconies. The presidential suites are as large as 176m² with spacious sightseeing balconies.
- The twin single beds in deluxe cabins of each President ship can be put together to a double larger bed. Also, it can add one bed in the deluxe cabins.
- Travelers live in Executive Suites or Presidential Suites can enjoy VIP service.
Entertainment & Culture Programs
Entertainments programs are various on President Cruises. There are music bar, Internet cafe bar, ball rooms, beauty salon, massage room, coffee bar, game room, etc. If you get interested in Chinese folk culture, you can learn to play Tai Chi Chuan on the Sun deck.
- Captain’s Welcome & Farewell Party: the captain will personally welcome and say goodbye to you and your family.
- Swimming Pool: enjoy swimming in the indoor constant-temperature swimming pool on President No.7 and President No.8.
- Music Bar: Nice place to relax with background music and drinks.
- Ballroom: For evening entertainments.
- Beauty Salon: For cut,set and blow dry. Massage is also available by appointment. Business hours: 08:00---22:00.
- Massage: Reflexology or foot-massage and body massage is available by appointment 08：00---24：00.
- Coffee Bar: The Coffee Bar is located in front of the fifth floor, it is the ideal location of viewing the beautiful scenery of The Three Gorges and enjoying all kinds of drinks and elegant snacks.
There is a health clinic on all President Cruises ship. If you need to buy some regular medicines, or if you fall ill unexpectedly, you can all frontdesk to ask for doctor service.
Furthermore, Spa service is considerately prepared onboard to get your body fully released and benefit your skin.
Phone Calls, Faxes and Internet Access
International / local phone calls and faxes are available at the reception desk and the Business Center on all President Cruises ships. Each ship is also equipped with Internet access and an Internet café on board. All of these services are fee-based and you can sign these charges to your account and settle them at the end of the voyage.
Useful Articles & Travel Guide for Yangtze River Cruise
- How to Plan a Yangtze River Cruise in 2022/2023?
- There are some aspects you should consider before booking a cruise - best time, travel length, cruise ship and line, accommodation and dining onboard, onboard activities and cruise holiday extension...
- What to See & Do along the Yangtze River?
- Fully know what to see along the section between Chongqing and Yichang, and make some preparations before taking the amazing shore excursions to different sites along the Three Gorges.
- How to Get to Chongqing & Chaotianmen Dock?
- Chongqing Chaotianmen Dock is only port used in Chongqing. Check the latest transportation guide to know how to get to Chongqing first and then make a transfer to Chaotianmen Dock and its sub-piers.
- How to Get to Yichang & Maoping Port?
- Travelers should first get to Yichang by air or train and then reach Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal for a shuttle bus at the appointed time to Maoping Port.