How to Choose a Cruise Line
After known the Yangtze Cruise Line, the more important thing for you is how to choose a best cruise line for your Yangtze Cruise Tour. Comparing with the advantages and disadvantages of each cruise line (downstream &upstream), and some difference of cruise itinerary, you can make the final decision according to your needs.
There are different cruise lines to cater different customer demands. (Click our Ship Gallery for the detailed itinerary for each ship). Cruising between Chongqing and Yichang is the most popular one for tourists.
You can choose from these popular Yangtze cruises of different duration according to your schedule. The following are six Yangtze cruise itineraries popularly recommended in 2020/2021:
- 3 nights and 4 days Chongqing-Yichang Downstream cruise
- 4 nights and 5 days Yichang-Chongqing Upstream cruise
Upstream means sailing from lower part of river to the up to the higher part of the river.
Downstream mean sailing from higher part of the river to the lower part of the river.
Advantage & Disadvantage of Upstream
- At the speed between 15-18 kilometer/hour speed, it allows tourists to have enough time for sightseeing and photography.
- More time onboard for leisure activities, Chinese folk customs, etc.
- Sailing lower than downstream comparatively
- Sailing sometimes at night
Advantage & Disadvantage of Downstream
- Sailing at the speed of between 28-30 kilometer/hour, fast speed
- Sailing ahead not at night
- There is enough time to enjoy the shore excursions because all scenic sites are arranged in the daytime.
- Taking less time for cruising, so not have enough time to appreciate the scenic spots carefully.
According to different cruise routes, the days of yangtze cruises varies slightly. Here are the durations of the popular Yangtze cruises:
- Chongqing to Yichang Downstream: 4 Days and 3 Nights
- Yichang to Chongqing Upstream: 5 Days and 4 Nights
- Wuhan to Shanghai Downstream: 7 Days and 6 Nights
- Shanghai to Wuhan Upstream: 7 Days and 6 Nights
- Chongqing to Shanghai Downstream: 11 Days and 10 Nights
- Shanghai to Chongqing Upstream: 11 Days and 10 Nights
Shennong Stream and Lesser Three Gorges are the most natural scenic spots along the Yangtze River cruise, and tourists usually will take a boat to enjoy the shore excursions there.
However, there are sometimes the unsuitable water conditions because of the rainy seasons, which may a little bit dangerous.
5. Yangtze River Cruises from Chongqing to Wuhan are Listed as Lasting 5 days, but Why it Really Covers Only 4 Days?
There is one day when you pre-board the cruise ship. This only occurs when this ship sail in the early morning. For example, the downstream Regal China cruise from Chongqing – Wuhan, this is arranged to sail at 8:00am. They arrange tourists to have a one-day tour in Chongqing and you are arranged to board in the evening.
Top Recommended Yangtze River Ships
- Why Cruise Yangtze River
- Yangtze River Maps
- How to Get to Yangtze?
- Yangtze Cruise Routes
- Upstream or Downstream?
- Yangtze Cruise Ships Index