Yangtze Gold Cruises: the Largest Fleet on Yangtze River
Yangtze Gold Cruises, designed according to the standard of ocean cruises, has seven 5-star new and large vessels launched since 2011, making it the newest and largest fleet on Yangtze River during those years, setting up the new standard of the luxury inland river cruises.
Built with the most advanced passenger features, Yangtze Gold Cruises has the special facilities onboard, like helipad, open-air golf course, pedestrian street, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, open-air barbecue, double-layer theater, children’s playground, billiards, simulated driving area, the most sightseeing elevators, etc., offering travelers the unmatched comfort and ultimate cruising experience. All places you can access onboard are designed with fabulous decoration for your relaxing and wonderful aqua vacation. Besides, there are much more choices for you to choose your favorite cabins which are large, clean, cozy and well equipped with very high standards to meet you and your families’ needs.
- Latest Port News for Embarkation & Disembarkation in Yichang:
- In the whole year of 2022, travelers will embark & disembark your Yangtze Gold cruise ship at Yichang Maoping Port. (1) For downstream, the cruise company will arrange tourist buses and pick you up Three Gorges Dam Site after the dam visiting and transfer you directly to Yichang downtown area for leave. (2) For upstream, you need to arrive at Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal during 17:30-20:30, and then take the tourist buses arranged by the cruise company to Maoping Port.
Top 7 Yangtze Gold Cruise Ships
- Cruise Calendar
- Fleet Comparison
- Booking & Boarding Tips
- Life onboard
Yangtze Gold Cruises Calendar in 2022 & 2023
Ramark: CQ=Chongqing; YC=Yichang
Yangtze Gold Cruises Itinerary
Yangtze Gold Cruises offers seven the best 5-star cruises to fit every travel schedule, with ship departing from both Chongqing and Yichang seven days a week.
During the Yangtze cruise, Yangtze Gold cruises also arranges kinds of shore excursions to the cultural and historical heritages along the Yangtze River, which offers you a chance to deeply explore the counties along the river.
In 2022/2023, travelers can choose the itineraries:
• 4 Days & 3 Nights Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang
• 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing
Yangtze Gold Cruises Chongqing - Yichang Itinerary & Shore Excursions
|/||Upstream Sites (YC-CQ)||Downstream Sites (CQ-YC)|
|Included||Optional (CNY/pp)||Included||Optional (CNY/pp)|
- Please note that the shore excursions are subject to change due to weather, river conditions and permission from the navigational authorities. The cruise company will arrange the same fabulous sightseeing if the prearranged sites cannot be visited in a particular case.
- The OPTIONAL shore excursion needs extra charge and you have the final say whether you take it or not.
- The OPTIONAL shore excursions are prepared based on the number of visitors who want to go. You can visit if there are 30 or more people interested (the number of visitors may be adjusted based on the real situation). You have the final decision where to go or not on your own. If yes, tell the reception desk who would register for you and receive your pay in site. The ARRANGED shore excursions are included in your quotation, so you could visit the sites without extra charge. However, if you do not visit the sites, the fees of arranged shore excursion sites are not refunded. If you do not visit the shore excursions, you could stay on the ship to enjoy some leisure time. And for your safety, you are not allowed to leave your ship on your own.
- Choose the ship to see the SAMPLE cruise itinerary.
Compare the Ships
The seven Yangtze Gold Cruises ships are the latest ships on the Yangtze, especially Yangtze Gold 7 is the 2013 newest ship of this series. To help you find the suitable Yangtze Gold cruise ship according to your own need, we’ve listed the features of every Gold Cruises in the table below, so you can compare them in a glance.
Yangtze Gold Cruises Booking Tips
Please Provide Complete Information for Booking
When booking a Yangtze Gold Cruise ship, please provide us the complete information including your and your group members’ name, nationality (if you have two nationalities, please show us the nationality used for entry visa), gender, passport number, date of birth, your favorite cabin and amount of cabins, and other personal requirements.
Valid Documents & Real-name Registration
When booking the Yangtze Gold cruise ships with us, please provide us the correct passport info, like your name and passport number. Real-name registration is needed when booking the cruise. If there is any change for your passport, please contact us and provide us the latest personal info that we should deliver to the cruise company once you changed.
What’s Include & Exclude in Yangtze Gold Cruise Fee
The following items are included in your cruise fare and there is no need to pay when you board a Yangtze Gold Cruise ship.
- Entrance Fees: The arranged shore excursions listed in the itinerary of your cruise ship. Arranged downstream and upstream shore excursions include Fengdu Ghost City, Lesser Three Gorges and Three Gorges Dam Site.
- Meals: The daily meals (specified with “B”, “L” or “D”) on your cruise ship.
- Cabins: A bed in the cabin as specified in the itinerary. You could enjoy your room during daytime and night. Usually,
Chongqing to Yichang for 3 nights onboard;
Yichang to Chongqing for 4 nights onboard;
- Activities & Lectures: Captain Welcome Party, singing and dancing shows, fashion shows, Chinese Yangtze culture and history lectures, Captain Farewell party;
- Cleaning:room cleaning service every day;
- Local guides for the arranged shore excursions;
- Accident Injury Insurance;
- Service Charge & Government Taxes.
The following items are excluded in the Yangtze Gold cruise fare. If you want to enjoy the services, you need to pay extra fees accordingly.
- Transfers: Transportation between Chongqing Jiangbei Airport / Chongqing North Railway Station and Chongqing Chaotianmen Port; also between Yichang Sanxia Airport and Maoping Port, Maoping Port to Yichang East Railway Station for downstream embarkation.
- Optional Shore Excursions: 290 RMB for each one site per person, except Shibaozhai Pagoda charges for 220 RMB/person, Small Lesser Three Gorges charges for 150 RMB/person, Return to the Three Gorges Show for 320 RMB/person and Quyuan Temple charges for 220 RMB/person (180 RMB/person when visiting with the Three Gorges Dam).
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, clinic service, faxes, telephone calls, spa, salon, shopping, Internet, DVDs, etc.
- Meals: Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L", or "D".
- Single Room Supplement: If you want to stay in one cabin (usually two beds in one cabin) on your own, you need to pay higher than one room shared with another.
- Tip: There is a mandatory service tip required to be paid when checking in the cruise, you can pay at the ship reception counter. You can decide to pay or not for volunteer tips to river guide, cruise director and staff onboard.
Yangtze Gold Cruises Boarding Tips
Call the Ship or Check Email ahead
In normal circumstances, no matter you take downstream or upstream Yangtze Gold Cruises, you usually embark your ships at Chongqing Chaotianmen Port / Yichang Maoping Port. Check the exact ship for detailed boarding time. Also, the boarding port may do some adjustment for special events, like weather condition, level of water, river navigational conditions, annual maintenance of the Three Gorges Dam ship locks, etc.
To make everything go smoothly, please call the ship (the phone number we’ll show you clearly in the Confirmation Letter) one day ahead or at least in the morning on the boarding day. Or, you can also check your mailbox on the boarding day or one day before for the updated boarding information our travel consultant delivered. Please make sure your phone can be called through in China, so that we can also call you if there is any urgent change.
Find the Exact Pier in Chongqing & Yichang
Chongqing Chaotianmen Port is the general pier name and it is consisted of 14 sub-piers. While, Yichang Maoping Port is about 75 kilometers’ driving distance away from Yichang Sanxia Airport (takes about 1.5 hours), about 60 kilometers’ driving distance away from Yichang East Railway Station (takes about 1.5 hours) and about 55 kilometers’ driving distance way from Yichang downtown (takes about 1-1.5 hours). Travelers who take an upstream cruise will first gather at Yichang East Railway Station or Yichang Three Gorges Cruise Terminal to take the arranged bus to Maoping Port for embarkation.
For the boarding piers is not so easy to get to, you’d better use our worry free private transfer service. The local guide or driver will take you to the correct cruise pier from the airport / train stations, etc.
Board Your Ship at the Scheduled Time
Please plan your transportation ahead and board your ship at schedule time. If there is any trouble for your flights, train or local transportation to the port causing you arrive at the port late, please contact us at first time and we’ll try our best to help you solve the problem.
Collect Cruise Ticket at the Pier
Travelers will collect the cruise ticket with your real-name info signed at the corresponding port in Chongqing / Yichang, make sure your passport and ticket with consistent information, and get security check before board the ship for checking-in.
Please kindly note that if you do not book private transfer with us and need to hire the local porters to carry your luggage in either Chongqing or Yichang Port to your ship, please discuss the price with the porter beforehand. It usually charges according to the number of your luggage.
For more Yangtze Gold Cruises booking and boarding questions, please feel free to contact our professional cruise agents who are here ready to help you at any time!
Cuisine & Drinking
On Yangtze Gold Cruises, cuisine plays a major role in creating an ideal experience for the discerning travelers, treating their senses with delectable tastes in the finest Western tradition, as well as local specialties not found anywhere else. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are buffet.
Featured Dining Facilities:
- Western and Chinese Restaurant (2F / Upper Deck)
- Business Restaurant (3F / Promenade Deck)
- VIP Restaurant (6F / Sun Deck)
- Private Dining Room with River View (6F / Sun Deck)
- Sightseeing Bar (6F / Sun Deck)
- BBQ (6F / Sun Deck)
- Special dietary requirements, such as diabetic or vegetarian, are accepted onboard, but need to be advised in advance at time of booking with us or you can tell the front desk when checking in.
- The scheduled time listed for each Gold cruise ship is for reference and it may do some adjustment based on the real situation. You can have a clear idea about the daily schedule by listening to the broadcast.
- Advanced purified water system with purified water to cabins on Yangtze Gold Cruises. Also, drinkable water is offered through the room thermos and bottled water (1 bottle per person per day).
- Each Gold cruise ship has a sightseeing bar offering offers drinks, beverage, wines for travelers from morning till night.
- The legal drinking age on Yangtze Gold Cruises ships is 18 years old.
Travelers on Yangtze Gold Cruises will enjoy the largest-size beds no matter what type of cabins or suites you choose!
Yangtze Gold 1 has five types of cabins including Standard Cabins, Executive Cabins, Executive King-size Bed Cabin, Executive Suite and Presidential Suites.
Yangtze Gold 2, 3, 5 and 6 are sister ships with seven types of cabins including Standard Cabins, Deluxe King-size Bed Cabins, Executive Cabins, Executive King-size Bed Cabins, Deluxe Suite, Executive Suite and Presidential Suites.
Yangtze Gold 7 and Gold 8 are sister ships with six types of cabins including Single Cabins with Balcony, Deluxe Standard Cabins, Executive King-size Bed Cabins, Executive Suite and Presidential Suites.
Besides the comfortable beds, the other facilities usually include table, chairs, sofa, broadcast, refrigerator, television, telephone, guide to using the telephone, ball-point pen, note, private bathrooms, bathtub, shower, shower cap, towels, soap, cups, comb, shampoo, shower gel, toilet paper, slipper, clothesline, clothes hanger, thermos, bottled water, safe box, life jacket, laundry bag, shoe polisher and so on.
For many Gold cruise passengers, the concept of a vacation is to have fun. With the choices available on board, your greatest challenge will be to decide which to enjoy first. You will never be bored from choices to fit every age range and interest on board. You can have fun with creative activities, or just relax with a good book on our board library.
- Large tow-tier movie theater (5F / Observation Deck)
- Billiards (4F / Bridge Deck)
- Children’s Playground (2F / Upper Deck)
- Cyber Café (4F / Bridge Deck)
- Gym Center (1F / Main Deck)
- Swimming Pool (1F / Down Deck)
- Mini Golf Course (Dome)
- Running Track (6F / Sun Deck)
- Beauty Salon (2F / Upper Deck)
Every ship of Yangtze Gold Cruises, is fully outfitted with first class meeting rooms, lecture rooms and conference rooms, all equipped with latest audio and video equipment and a staff to cater to every requirement.
- Helicopter Apron (Dome)
- Conference Hall with Interpretation System (-1F)
- Business Center (2F / Upper Deck)
- Multi-function Hall (5F / Observation Deck)
Every Gold Cruise has its own “Shopping Street”, replete with a wide variety of shops, ranging from the latest fashion designs to carefully selected keepsake and mementos.
- Pedestrian Street (2F / Upper Deck)
- Chinese handwriting and painting Art Shop
- Local Specialty Shop (2F / Upper Deck )
- Boutique Shop (2F / Upper Deck)
- Gym Center (1F / Main Deck)
- Snack Shop (2F / Upper Deck)
- Tea Bar (2F / Upper Deck)
- Reading Bar (2F / Upper Deck)
Useful Articles & Travel Guide for Yangtze River Cruise
- How to Plan a Yangtze River Cruise in 2022/2023?
- There are some aspects you should consider before booking a cruise - best time, travel length, cruise ship and line, accommodation and dining onboard, onboard activities and cruise holiday extension...
- What to See & Do along the Yangtze River?
- Fully know what to see along the section between Chongqing and Yichang, and make some preparations before taking the amazing shore excursions to different sites along the Three Gorges.
- How to Get to Chongqing & Chaotianmen Dock?
- Chongqing Chaotianmen Dock is only port used in Chongqing. Check the latest transportation guide to know how to get to Chongqing first and then make a transfer to Chaotianmen Dock and its sub-piers.
- How to Get to Yichang & Maoping Port?
- Travelers should first get to Yichang by air or train and then reach Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal for a shuttle bus at the appointed time to Maoping Port.