Yangtze River Tours
Book a Yangtze tour package with us and extend your China holiday to the hot destinations that cruise ships cannot go! Taking a China Yangtze tour to travel around China is one of the most recommended ways to see a DIFFERENT, BEAUITUFL and OVERALL China in a very leisure pace. A luxury Yangtze cruise holiday is served as a short break during a long China tour, covering many interesting activities onboard and eye-opening shore excursions along the Three Gorges.
If you are first timers to China, you’d better put Yangtze River cruise experience in your vacation. If you have no idea where to start or how to select a tour, just take some time to choose from our “Best China Yangtze Tour Packages” to get many inspirations. Besides, you could start a cruise tour from popular gateway cities - Beijing, Shanghai or Hong Kong which ranging from 6 days to 17 days with lots of choices. If you have been to China before and just want a simple Yangtze River tour or spend 2-4 days exploring its surrounding destinations, you can head to our “City Tours along the Yangtze River”or “Travel to Yangtze River & Its Surroundings” for some amazing in-depth experience. To best suit your time and interests, you could even choose to travel beyond the Yangtze River to the other best parts of China.
All tours are private and can be fully customizable at the best prices - perfect to help you explore all the splendid culture and stunning scenery China has to offer. Remember, we are here offering you more than a PERFECT Tour. It is about real discovery & authentic experience along the Yangtze River & in China. Discover now!
6 Best China Yangtze River Tour Packages
For most first-timers to China, they would like to cover several hot destinations in China, such as Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guilin, Yangtze River, Chengdu, Lhasa, Zhangjiajie to get a full impression about the vast China. The following are the top 6 strongly recommended China Yangtze tours which have been chosen by thousands of travelers every year, and you can select your favored trip based on your interests, travel length and budget! If you have got your own ideas, contact us directly to discuss the travel plan and we can tailor make the tour for you!
No.1 Short TourChongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
This is the No.1 short cruise tour chosen by numerous travelers. If you want a short break with a cruise, take this classic tour with both a fantastic exploration about Chongqing City and a relaxing cruise journey from Chongqing to Yichang.Check Details
Best SellerChongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie
This is the real NATURE tour to Yangtze River and Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. In 6 days, take a relaxing 4-day cruise ship down from Chongqing to Yichang and spend 2 days getting into the surreal AVATAR world!Check Details
Shanghai / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie / Xian / Beijing
If you are planning a two-week vacation in China, this 15 days China tour will be perfect for you. You can fully explore traditional culture and modernity in the megacities such as Beijing and Shanghai; throw yourselves into the Avatar world, enjoy Karst landscape in Guilin and Yangshuo, take a Yangtze River cruise sailing through the beautiful Three Gorges, feel profound history in the ancient capital of 13 dynasties...All the best highlights of China are offered in 15 days!Check Details
Beijing / Xian / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
This is one of our best selling China Yangtze tours for first timers to China. It covers the BIG THREE cities called the Golden Triangle Cities (Beijing, Xian and Shanghai) and a Yangtze River cruise sailing from Chongqing to Yichang along the famous Three Gorges in Central China. This tour takes you to meet the PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE of China. You won’t leave any regrets when taking this 11 days tour with 6 destinations and amazing experience!Check Details
No.1 China TourBeijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
What is your impression about the vast China? What do you want to see and explore in this beautiful country? This tour is No.1 best selling tour taking travelers to Beijing, Xian, Guilin and Shanghai and enjoying a luxury cruise experience for 4 days along the Three Gorges of the longest river in China. You will get a clear overview about China’s past, present and rapid growth in the golden triangle cities. Also immerse yourselves in a world of natural beauty in Guilin and Yangshuo.Check Details
Beijing / Xian / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie / Shanghai
In recent years, Zhangjiajie was thrust into travelers’ eyes after the movie Avatar. The Hallelujah Mountains in Avatar were inspired by Heavenly Pillar in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. It is a wise choice to put Zhangjiajie into your China tour. This 13 days China tour covers Beijing, Xian, Zhangjiajie, Shanghai with a cruise along the Three Gorges which becomes one of the best selling tours for first timers.Check Details
Start China Yangtze Tours from Popular Gateways
Where do you want to start your China Yangtze tours? The three popular gateway cities - Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong are usually regarded as the first destination in China with numerous international flights connected. So, we have designed several trips starting from these cities and also covered some hot destinations after Beijing, Shanghai or Hong Kong tours... All these tours are arranged with suitable transportation, well linking with each other by flight or high speed train. No matter you want a short cruise tour for about 6 days, or would like to extend your China vacation for more than 2 weeks or even longer, you’ve got the one perfectly suited for you.
This 7 days cruise tour starts from Beijing and then transfer to Chongqing by flight for the Yangtze River cruise. Colorful traditions and iconic attractions such as Forbidden City, Great Wall, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven in the capital city Beijing and breathtaking views along the Yangtze River - the longest river in China are both covered in this tour. Many good opportunities to explore the profound history, experience the authentic local life and witness the modernity in China.
This tour is a popular choice among travelers who make a Yangtze cruise tour starting from Beijing. Its rich history, cultural splendor and increasingly modern amenities have resulted in mountains of stuff to see and do - from ancient imperial palaces, parks, temples to the magnificent Great Walls...all are worth your time. Xian, the ancient capital of 13 dynasties, gives you a good historical lesson when visiting Terracotta Warriors. A relaxing Yangtze River cruise shows you the authentic China.
This tour includes two ancient capital cities of China and pandas' home visit. You will know China's history in-depth on a comprehensive journey though out some greatest legacies in human history including the Great Wall in Beijing, the Terracotta Warriors in Xian, have close contact with the giant pandas in Chengdu, plus the best 3 days deluxe Yangtze Cruise.
If you're ready to do more than just scratch the surface of China, you're ready for this 16-day China Tour. It'll show you the heart and soul of China. To explore imperial buildings in Beijing, stare down Terra-Cotta Soldiers in Xian before start the memorable Yangtze Cruise. Uncover the mysteries of Tibet before getting intimate contact with the Giant Panda and engaging in the modern vibrancy of Shanghai.
This 6 days cruise tour is specially designed for travelers who want a relaxing short break in China. Shanghai is one of the best gateway cities to China and served as the hot destination to make a Yangtze cruise.
Shanghai is one of the best gateways to China and the door to Yangtze cruise. Our 7-day Shanghai Yangtze tour allows visitors to discover the most stunning natural and super-modern elements in China.
You will literally be impressed after spending 14 days on this all-around China tour. With a focus on historic and cultural splendors and the most breathtaking natural sceneries, including 3 days cruising on China's longest and most spectacular river where also locates numerous historic and cultural relics and modern man-made marvels along its way, this China is going to be a lifetime memory.
If you are planning a two-week vacation in China, this 15 days China tour will be perfect for you. You can fully explore traditional culture and modernity in the megacities such as Beijing and Shanghai; throw yourselves into the Avatar world, enjoy Karst landscape in Guilin and Yangshuo, take a Yangtze River cruise sailing through the beautiful Three Gorges, feel profound history in the ancient capital of 13 dynasties...All the best highlights of China are offered in 15 days!
Get to know the ins and outs of Hong Kong Island by taking the comprehensive half-day tour that touches on all the highlights of Hong Kong. Fly directly to Chongqing for a 4-day downstream Yangtze River cruise to Yichang while appreciate Three Gorges and Three Gorges Dam along the way.
This tour provides you China's stunning landscapes in Guilin & Yangshuo, brilliant culture and unique architecture in Shanghai. With a Yangtze River cruise from Chongqing to Yichang, you'll discover China's unique blend of ancient traditions and modern cities.
In 12 days, you’ll experience the best of China in one go! Hong Kong is the most energetic city which is the start for the tour; then take a Yangtze River cruise to get to the heart of China’s culture, history and beauty. After the cruise, explore the golden triangle cities (Shanghai, Xian and Beijing) to witness the fast development of China in Shanghai, trace over 5,000 years’ history in the ancient heart of China and view the old and modernity in Beijing - the imperial capital of the world.
Start from the shopping paradise - Hong Kong, your trip covers the China of yesterday, today and tomorrow. We will take you to the most important historical and modern cities in China. You will visit the major sites in Beijing & Xian, such as the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Terracotta Warriors and Houses. Get face to face with cute pandas in the Hometown of Giant Pandas and enjoy a relaxing Yangtze River Cruise before ends your tour in the metropolis Shanghai at the mouth of the Yangtze River.
Top City & Cruise Tours along Yangtze River
If you have been to China before just simply want a Yangtze River cruise tour, you can head to the port cities along the Yangtze River first. Chongqing and Yichang are the two important and frequently-used cities to start or end a cruise tour, which usually taking about 4 or 5 days along the golden section of the longest river in Asia. Also, Chengdu, Shanghai, Wuhan and Nanjing are other port cities where you can have 1-2 days exploration first and then go for the Yangtze cruise, which may take around 6 or 7 days. Please remember, Yangtze-river-cruises.com are the local Yangtze travel agency based in Chengdu and Chongqing, offering superb land experience as well as memorable cruise tours. Just feel free to travel with us!
View the above location map of port cities along the Yangtze River and click the name of your favorite one to take a Yangtze cruise tour!
Please Note: Both land tour with transfer service and Yangtze River cruise are offered in the tour packages.
Recommended City Tours with Yangtze Cruises
Travel Yangtze & Its Surrounding Destinations
To extend your Chongqing cruise tour or Yichang cruise tour a little longer, it will be great to add some stunning destinations surrounded the Yangtze River. These trips won’t take long, usually ranging from 6 days to 10 days. Yangtze-river-cruises.com suggests you cover Zhangjiajie (2-4 days), Chengdu (1-2 days), Guilin & Yangshuo (2-4 days), Xian (1-2 days), Jiuzhai Valley (2-3 days), Yunnan (Kunming, Dali, Lijiang or Shangri-La for 6-8 days), Guangzhou (1-2 days) or Tibet (3-6 days). These would be in-depth experience in China, taking you to see the most amazing part of China.
Zhangjiajie, situated in Hunan Province in central China, has the most fascinating national parks in China. You can explore Avatar Mountains in the UNESCO-protected Zhangjiajie National Forest Park or walk on Zhangjiajie Glass Bridges over the Grand Canyon. It is good to take 2 or 3 days to view its magnificent natural beauty after or before a Yangtze Cruise.
- 8 Days Leisure Tour to Zhangjiajie & Yangtze River
- Zhangjiajie / Yichang / Yangtze Cruise / Chongqing
- This trip is the super NATURE tour taking you into Avatar world in Zhangjiajie and Three Gorges along the Yangtze River.
- 6 Days Chongqing, Yangtze River & Zhangjiajie Exciting Tour
- Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie
- In 6 days, take a relaxing 4-day cruise ship down from Chongqing to Yichang and spend 2 days getting into the surreal AVATAR world!
"East or West, Guilin Landscape is the best”! Guilin & Yangtze Cruise Tour in one trip offers a great experience for two famous river cruises: you to see the world largest Three Gorges Dam of Yangtze River Cruise, together with the inland Li River Cruise with karst landscape along the way.
- 6 Days Yangtze River Cruise from Idyllic Guilin
- Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
- In Guilin & Yangshuo, from hiking to river cruising, they offer a variety of activities to suit everyone. Also, Yangtze cruise will give you more.
- 8 Days Guilin Yangtze Zhangjiajie Picturesque Nature Tour
- Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie
- This tour is designed for nature lovers or who want to gain strength from nature, taking you to Guilin karst, Three Gorges, Zhangjiajie Forest Park.
The bustling Chengdu is known as the “Hometown of Giant Pandas”, reputed as the Land of Abundance and famous for “laid-back” living pace, and UNESCO’s City of Gastronomy. Spend 1-2 days in Chengdu seeing its classics and take a high speed train to/from Chongqing within 1.5 hours for the cruise.
- 6 Days Yangtze River Cruise Tour from Chengdu
- Chengdu / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
- Have a leisure discovery in Chengdu, take a high speed train to Chongqing and then go for a 4-day Yangtze River cruise sailing to Yichang.
- 8 Days Chengdu Leshan Mount Emei & Yangtze Cruise Tour
- Chengdu / Leshan / E'mei / Chengdu / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
- This Sichuan Yangtze tour belongs to the in-depth exploration covering Chengdu pandas, leisure pace lifestyle, UNESCO essence and relaxing cruise.
Xian is home to the Terracotta Warriors as well as the starting point of the Silk Road. Here you can dig out over 5,000 years’ brilliant history to learn historical knowledge about the ancient capital of 13 dynasties. It is good to spend 1-2 days in Xian visiting Terracotta Warriors, Ancient City Wall, etc.
- 6 Days Ancient Xian & Yangtze Cruise Tour
- Xian / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
- It will be an interesting trip with a combination of ancient Xian and relaxing cruise holiday in 6 days.
- 10 Days Historical & Natural Wonders Tour with Chengdu Panda
- Xian / Chengdu / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie
- This 10-day tour will give you the best glimpse of China - ancient past, national treasure Giant Pandas, relaxing cruise, thrilling glass bridge, magnificent peculiar mountains…
Our Jiuzhaigou Yangtze tours are mainly covered the two most scenic destinations - Jiuzhaigou and Yangtze River that you'll be totally immersed in the awesome natural scenery. You can see emerald lakes, spectacular layered waterfalls, colorful forests, snow-capped mountains, Tibetan villages...
- 8 Days Beauty Tour to Jiuzhai Valley & Yangtze River
- Chengdu / Huanglong / Jiuzhaigou / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
- If you're always keen on exploring the heavenly natural beauty, this is the best trip for you! You’ll Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou and the Yangtze River.
- 10 Days Best of Sichuan Tour with Yangtze River Cruise
- Chengdu / Leshan / Emei / Chengdu / Huanglong / Jiuzhaigou / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
- You'll have in-depth exploration in Sichuan by visiting Chengdu Pandas, Jiuzhai Valley, Huanglong, Leshan Giant Buddha and Mount Emei.
Yunnan Province, situated on the southwestern of China, is by far the most popular province to visit. If there is only one province for your to choose, Yunnan should be put into your top-to-do traveling list. Home to 25 different ethnic groups, gorgeous historic towns, featured minority villages, Tibetan monasteries, splendid rural landscapes and some of the most incredible natural treasures in China, Yunnan is an absolute dream to explore.
- 9 Days Best of Yunnan & Yangtze River Cruise Tour
- Kunming / Dali / Lijiang / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
- Spending around 5 days in Yunnan, you can have a deep understanding about Kunming, Dali and Lijiang - top three classic destinations with altitudes all around 2000 meters which can be visited all the year round! Then, fly to Chongqing for the amazing cruise experience along the Yangtze River.
Guangzhou, the third largest city in China, is served as one of the popular gateway cities to China. For travelers who want to take a Yangtze River cruise, Guangzhou is the south door to the Yangtze River. Guangzhou is a metropolis thriving from its tremendously changed history dating back to over 2,000 years ago.
- 6 Days Yangtze River Cruise Tour from Guangzhou
- Guangzhou / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
- Spend about 2 days in Guangzhou feeling its unique Lingnan culture. Fly to Chongqing for a luxury Yangtze River cruise sailing through Three Gorges.
- 9 Days Yangtze Cruise from Guangzhou & Guilin
- Guangzhou / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
- Explore the cultures and history of Guangzhou, and see the beautiful landscape of Guilin and feel the heart of China's essence by cruising the Yangtze River.
Putting Tibet and Yangtze River Cruise in one trip will surely give you totally different feelings and experience when touring in China. Tibet, located on the western of China, is called the Roof of the World with average altitude over 4,000 meters. This holy land offers fabulous monasteries, stunning views of the world’s highest mountains, the most likable people you will ever meet...
- 17 Days China Paradise Tour with Tibet Discovery & Yangtze Cruise
- Beijing / Xian / Lhasa / Chengdu / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
- If you're ready to do more than just scratch the surface of China, you're ready for this 16-day China Tour. It'll show you the heart and soul of China. To explore imperial buildings in Beijing, stare down Terra-Cotta Soldiers in Xian before start the memorable Yangtze Cruise. Uncover the mysteries of Tibet before getting intimate contact with the Giant Panda and engaging in the modern vibrancy of Shanghai.
Travel Beyond the Yangtze River: Extend to Best China
China Cruise Tours
Taking a river cruise is an incredible and undeniable experience while traveling in China. There are two main river cruises in China - Yangtze River Cruise and Li River Cruise. Besides the river cruises, it is highly recommended to take sampan trip through the canals to explore the exquisite water towns in Jiangnan Area (Shanghai, Suzhou and Hangzhou).
Top 5 China Tours
China has many natural and man-made delights to offer. Whether you’re history buff, nature lover or wandering gourmet, you’ll be spoilt for choice for things to see and do in the popular destinations like Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guilin, Chengdu, Yunnan, Tibet etc. If you want a tour without Yangtze cruise experience, you can take a look at our Top 5 Recommended China Tour Packages or even Customize your China Trip with the help of our experienced travel consultants.