Reviews of Yangtze River Cruise
Still not deciding if a Yangtze River Cruise is worth for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable Yangtze Cruise reviews and experiences.
Thank you and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.
Thanks again forour smooth running of our tour. And your dedicated and responsible staff like Ruby, tour guide liu and driver luo...
Also we are impressed by Emei mountain resort.
December 25, 2019
I agree to allow my answers and comments below regarding our China travels arranged by your Tour Operator Ms Riley Guo be put on your website.
1.Did your travel consultant of our company quickly reply to your E-mails and were they patient enough to answer your questions?
- Yes, Ms Riley Guo assisted me in planning our entire tour from beginning to end (from Kunming to Beijing) months before our trip, patiently guided me through every aspect of our journey making good suggestions and provided alternates.
- She always replied to my email inquiries promptly, answering all questions I had for her. She is extremely patient and courteous throughout the "developmental" stages of our planning.
2.Do you have any comments concerning your tour arrangements?
- The tour arrangements were exactly as planned, with the only exception when we encountered a problem where the original plan had to be modified, see answers to Q 4 below. The Tour Operator handled our problem in a timely fashion to our great satisfaction, in face above my expectations. When we encountered other minor problems during our tour, we received prompt attention and assistance from Ms. Guo promptly via WeChat and phone calls, often outside of regular office hours.
3.Are you willing to recommend our service to anyone who also may have an interest to visit China?
- Definitely "Yes". I have no hesitation of recommending your services to anyone interested.
4.What is your general opinion of us?
My opinion regarding:
- Advice and guidance provided in planning stage: Excellent!
- Ms Riley Guo our Tour Operator: Very knowledgeable, paid attention to details.
- Cost: I found your cost very reasonable and easily affordable.
- Efficiency: You run an efficient operation.
- Accuracy: Ms. Guo's suggestions and plans were accurate.
- Honesty: My travel team and I are particularly impressed by the honesty and integrity of your approach to business and in treating your customers when problems do arise. I will cite the following Two Examples:
(1) When Ms Guo made a minor error in our planning, she offered to take $100USD off from our final fees. When I found out that the fee reduction would come out of her commission I was so impressed with her honesty I declined to accept the fee reduction. I would suspect many operators would not even inform the client of such errors.
(2) You were not able to book the high speed train ride for us from Yichang to Beijing after the Yangtze River Cruise. Instead your company put us on a flight for that, and you arranged for a guided day tour of Yichang while waiting for flight time at NO EXTRA costs to us. It was a surprise and pleasant tour.
5.Do you have any suggestions on improving our services?
- I think you are already proving a reliable and trustworthy service to your clients as experienced by me and my travel companions.
- The fact that Ms Guo has such a superb command of written English would no doubt be an invaluable asset to your company in helping non-Chinese speaking clients from overseas who want to explore China.
December 12, 2019
I have submitted a review to Trip Advisor via our Australian site.
"Wendy Dan organised our Yangtze river Cruise for our group of 6 Australians. From our initial contact all emails were promptly answered in a timely and professional manner. Wendy also organised transfers, tickets to the amazing Han Show and train tickets from Yichang to Wuhan. The ladies that carried out the transfers were excellent and accommodated our needs. Our cruise ship, the Century Sky was very good - reasonably priced alcohol (for a cruise boat) and very good variety of food. The ship crew were very helpful and really looked after us. There were only about 130 people on board including 20 westerners. I would not hesitate to recommend Wendy and the Yangtze River Cruise agency to travellers.”
December 3, 2019
I apologize for not replying earlier. Please find my review below.
Century Glory Yangtze River Cruise November 2019
I arranged our River Cruise through Wonder Wang at www.chinadiscovery.com. Wonder was superb! When there was an issue with the email server he phoned to check that I had received the information. He was patient as we decided on dates and efficiently organized all the details and information we required.
The cruise itself was fabulous. The Century Glory had only been launched in September 2019 so we were fortunate to be on an almost brand new Cruise Ship. The ship was extremely well decorated and equipped. We only booked a basic cabin with the intention of upgrading on the boat. This wasn't possible as all the upgrades had been completed by the time we boarded. However, our cabin was excellent and we don't believe that there would have been any advantage in being on a higher deck. We did upgrade to the higher floor dining room. We didn't hear any complaints from other guests in the standard dining room but I can say that the food and the service in the upgraded dining room was 5 Star. All in all the ship staff at all levels delivered excellent service. English was never a problem and staff in the dining room were able to assure me quickly that my allergy to MSG wouldn't a problem - and it wasn't.
The Yangtze River, Dam and tours were all amazing. We had wondered if the scenery would live up to the other spectacular sights we have had the privilege to see around China and it did. The optional tour of the Ship Lift at the Three Gorges Dam was incredible and if you have the opportunity a must do.
All out tour guides spoke excellent English, were knowledgeable,engaging and had a great love of their country and its progress.
An absolutely wonderful cruise, If you have the opportunity I would highly recommend it. We then followed up with a most enjoyable 7 days in Chongqing.
Liz, Australia & Hong Kong
December 1, 2019
Questions & Discussions
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.
Thanks for your question! To offer a better service for guests, Century Sun will considerately arrange seats according to guests' eating habits, nationalities and cabin number onboard. Everyone onboard usually eats at a fixed seat of a big round table with 8-10 people.
If you want to eat in your own cabin, you can call the reception desk and order dishes and drinks you like. Attendants will deliver the great food to your cabins, and this service needs to pay extra.
If you are interested, check more about eating onboard Yangtze River cruises (for reference) at:
Enjoy your coming cruise journey with Century Sun!
Thanks for your question. Early May is during the spring along the Yangtze River. The weather changes warmer and warmer, and usually sunny in the day time, but there would be some cold wind at early morning and during night. It's ok to wear shorts on balmy sunny days. However, you are also recommended to prepare pants with you, because there may be some light raining days during the spring.
Wish you a memorable ship experience in China!
Greetings from China! At present, there is no Indian vegetarian food served onboard Yangtze River cruise ships. However, the breakfast, lunch and dinner are almost arranged in buffet styles with about 3-5 vegetarian dishes, like cabbages, vegetables in season, vegetable and fruit salad, and so on, and some cruises prepare the dinner in Chinese sitting form with some specially cooked vegetarian dishes for guests. And if want, you could also pay extra to order some vegetarian food at the reception desk and tell the staff about your needs and eating habits, and the cruise chefs would prepare great food for your enjoyment. Besides, the Yangtze River ships serving foreign guests from the world have provided service to many vegetarian travellers and have gained rich experience and good reviews, so you can enjoy your dining time on the ship!
Wish you a wonderful Yangtze River sailing trip in May!
Thanks for your question. As I know, there probably is no Yangtze River cruise business on the Webjet. And if you are interested in enjoying the leisurable cruise in China, you could book the cruise tour with us. Nearly all cabins onboard the cruise, such as the Century cruises, Victoria cruises, President cruises, Yangtze Gold cruises, Yangtze Explorer, etc. are facilitated with an open balcony for your sightseeing enjoyment and also many great services and high standard facilities and amenities. Please feel free to tell us your Email address, nationality, group size, traveling time to China, needs, and other basic information, and our professional Travel Consultant could help you as soon as possible to tailor make a route for you with really nice price.
Have a nice day!
Thanks for taking a Yangtze River cruise with us. April is a great time with fine weather to enjoy the gorgeous scenery along Three Gorges.
No matter which ship you take, it will run very steady at a relatively slow speed. As you know, the construction of Three Gorges Dam controls the water level and flow velocity of Yangtze River that it will be steady to guarantee every ship to sail smoothly. Unlike the ocean cruise, there is no need to bring motion sickness meds for travelers who on Yangtze River cruise. If your physical condition are seasick easily, take some just in case. And no worry, there is a clinic onboard who will serve at any time.
Wish you have a nice journey!