Reviews of Yangtze River Cruise
Still not deciding if a Yangtze River Cruise is worth for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable Yangtze Cruise reviews and experiences.
We have just returned from our trip to China.
I have no words to express our gratitude for your attentive organisation of our trip. The train trip, the unforgettable river cruise experience, the attentive transfers and tours by Nancy, David, Kimi, Mark were exactly as described in your numerous communications to me.
The China trip was a dream for my family, which you made it happen.
Thank you very much and I look forward to contact you again for our next China adventure in more off-the-beaten-track destinations suggested by you.
September 13, 2017
Sorry to take so long before replying - my dearest eldest sister died just as we had finished the cruise so we stayed on in China for a little longer and then had to fly back to Norway for the funeral. Fortunately I had just seen her both in Norway and whilst we were in England before our time in China.
To answer your questions.
1. I was very impressed with the service from Yangtze-river-cruises and especially appreciated your timely and efficient reply to any of my enquiries. I could not have wished for more. From arranging the most suitable dates for us, to giving advice as to when to arrive before joining the cruise you provided exceptional service. It was all made very easy and I really appreciated that. Thank you very much Ariel.
2. We were very happy with the 4 day cruise from Chongqing to Yichang. Our cabin was very nice, clean and more than adequate for our needs. The dining room served a good selection of dishes and as we were the only ‘native’ English speakers we ended up with a table to ourselves! The entertainment on board performed by the staff was excellent and we very much enjoyed it.
The local guides provided on our excursions were very knowledgeable and we went on all the tours available. It was a very enjoyable and informative cruise and the Three Gorges Dam is very impressive indeed.
3. I am more than happy to recommend Yangtze River Cruises
4. We think that Yangtze River Cruises run an excellent short cruise and we have nothing but praise for the very helpful and polite staff.
5. Not much to improve really - perhaps a recommendation to have suitable footwear for the excursions - there are a lot of steps to climb when visiting all the pagodas etc - we were appropriately shod but I couldn’t help notice some other people not being so!
6. We give permission for you to use any comments you like. Still a bit behind with dealing with the photos - I will send some on if appropriate when we have downloaded to our computer.
7. Finally, we were very pleased to have arrived the day earlier as you recommended - I suspect we could have been in time but it could have been stressful. The guide and driver you had kindly arranged for us contacted us the evening before and was very prompt arriving the next morning. We visited the Zoo first thing and were able to see 3 Panda cubs and about 7 adult Pandas which was a treat! We then made a visit to the ‘Ancient City’ and the Three Gorges Museum which was excellent. The guide then dropped us off early at the ship. Our guide spoke excellent English and we had an enjoyable tour.
Caroline, New Zealand
September 13, 2017
We had a wonderful trip, thank you very much for all the arrangements.
September 8, 2017
Here my Feedback.
The Yangtze river cruise was one of our highlights on our China tour. The Victoria Jenna was a fantastic ship, the cabin was very clean und with a high standard. The staff was very friendly and very well organized. Everbody speaks English. The tours and the onboard shows were fantastic.
When we went on board, we were not registrated and so we have had a problem to check in. But at the reception they found our booking and because the cruise was not fully booked, it was no problem to get cabins. Please check, what was missing for our registration!
So again thanks for your support!
(The following pictures were all shared by Ekhard)
Ekhard Enjoying Scenery of Yangtze River
Ekhard's Accommodation on Victoria Jenna
Ekhard Spending Leisure Time at Shennv Stream
Ekhard Appreciating Night Shows on Victoria Jenna
September 8, 2017
Questions & Discussions
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.
Thanks for your question! To offer a better service for guests, Century Sun will considerately arrange seats according to guests' eating habits, nationalities and cabin number onboard. Everyone onboard usually eats at a fixed seat of a big round table with 8-10 people.
If you want to eat in your own cabin, you can call the reception desk and order dishes and drinks you like. Attendants will deliver the great food to your cabins, and this service needs to pay extra.
If you are interested, check more about eating onboard Yangtze River cruises (for reference) at:
Enjoy your coming cruise journey with Century Sun!
Thanks for your question. Early May is during the spring along the Yangtze River. The weather changes warmer and warmer, and usually sunny in the day time, but there would be some cold wind at early morning and during night. It's ok to wear shorts on balmy sunny days. However, you are also recommended to prepare pants with you, because there may be some light raining days during the spring.
Wish you a memorable ship experience in China!
Greetings from China! At present, there is no Indian vegetarian food served onboard Yangtze River cruise ships. However, the breakfast, lunch and dinner are almost arranged in buffet styles with about 3-5 vegetarian dishes, like cabbages, vegetables in season, vegetable and fruit salad, and so on, and some cruises prepare the dinner in Chinese sitting form with some specially cooked vegetarian dishes for guests. And if want, you could also pay extra to order some vegetarian food at the reception desk and tell the staff about your needs and eating habits, and the cruise chefs would prepare great food for your enjoyment. Besides, the Yangtze River ships serving foreign guests from the world have provided service to many vegetarian travellers and have gained rich experience and good reviews, so you can enjoy your dining time on the ship!
Wish you a wonderful Yangtze River sailing trip in May!
Thanks for your question. As I know, there probably is no Yangtze River cruise business on the Webjet. And if you are interested in enjoying the leisurable cruise in China, you could book the cruise tour with us. Nearly all cabins onboard the cruise, such as the Century cruises, Victoria cruises, President cruises, Yangtze Gold cruises, Yangtze Explorer, etc. are facilitated with an open balcony for your sightseeing enjoyment and also many great services and high standard facilities and amenities. Please feel free to tell us your Email address, nationality, group size, traveling time to China, needs, and other basic information, and our professional Travel Consultant could help you as soon as possible to tailor make a route for you with really nice price.
Have a nice day!
Thanks for taking a Yangtze River cruise with us. April is a great time with fine weather to enjoy the gorgeous scenery along Three Gorges.
No matter which ship you take, it will run very steady at a relatively slow speed. As you know, the construction of Three Gorges Dam controls the water level and flow velocity of Yangtze River that it will be steady to guarantee every ship to sail smoothly. Unlike the ocean cruise, there is no need to bring motion sickness meds for travelers who on Yangtze River cruise. If your physical condition are seasick easily, take some just in case. And no worry, there is a clinic onboard who will serve at any time.
Wish you have a nice journey!