Yangtze River Cruise from Yichang to Wanzhou
The 2 nights and 3 days upstream Yangtze Cruises from Yichang to Wanzhou (in Chongqing), is the most budget cruise line.
Latest news for Yangtze Cruise from Yichang to Wanzhou: sorry to inform you that there is no ship sailing from Yichang to Wanzhou in 2019. If you are interested in the upstream Yangtze River cruising, you can take the 5 days & 4 nights itinerary 5 days & 4 nights itinerary from Yichang to Chongqing, which covers all the essence of Yangtze River.
This itinerary is actually a combination of a Three Gorges cruise from Yichang to Wanzhou and a land tour in Wanzhou County. By saving time and money, you could view all the scenic and historical essence of Yangtze River including the world-famous project Three Gorges Dam, marvelous Three Gorges scenery, Shennong Stream with drifting experience, the Chinese ancient “Poem City” - White Emperor City etc.
For Yichang - Chongqing Yangtze cruisers, you’ll disembark in Wanzhou first, and then with 3.5 hours’ transfer from Wanzhou to Chongqing. The cruise company will arrange the drive, so never worry about it.
Recommended Ships for Classic Yichang Chongqing Route
Looking for luxury Yangtze cruises from Yichang to Chongqing? In 2019, there are altogether 26 ships sailing downstream from Chongqing to Yichang. The ships in the following table are the popular ones. To view more ships, please go to 2019 Yangtze River Cruise Ship List.
Top Recommended Yangtze River Ships
3 Days & 2 Nights Upstream Yangtze Cruise Itinerary (Yichang - Wanzhou)
Day 1 Yichang Arrival
- 20:00 Gather at Yichang Tourist Center and drive to Three Gorge Project Hotel (stay overnight in Yichang)
Yichang, renowned as “Gateway to the Three Gorges” and “Throat between Sichuan and Hubei”, is an important trading port and a transportation hub along the Yangtze River.
Day 2 Yichang - Wushan (B, L, D)
- 07:30 Shore excursion to the Three Gorges Dam Site (3 hours)
- 14:30 Optional shore excursion to Shennong Stream (3 hours)
- 17:00 Sail through Wu Gorge & Goddess Peak
- 22:00 Arrive in Wu Mountain and overnight in Wushan Port
The Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze has been a dream for generations and is one of the largest construction projects ever undertaken by mankind. This great dam, the biggest hydropower project in the world, provides China with tremendous power generation and flood control service.
Shennong Stream is a collection of local culture. The nature scenery, boat tracker, local sampan, ancient hanging coffins, unique ethnic minority Tujia culture… all is worth your exploration.
Three Gorge Dam Site
Day 3 Wushan - Wanzhou - Chongqing (B, L, D)
- 08:00 Shore excursion to White Emperor City (3 hours)
- 16:30 Disembark at Wanzhou Port, and a land tour to visit the outside of Wanzhou Sports Stadium, Xishan Bell Tower & Xishan Park
- 17:00 Dinner Time, then drive to Chongqing (3.5 hours’ drive)
White Emperor City, also called Baidi Temple, is reputed as Chinese ancient “Poem” City. Located atop Baidi Mountain directly overlooking the Qutang Gorge, it is the best place to view “Kui Gate” scenery.
Wanzhou (previously known as Wanxian) is a small mountainous city known as the gate way to East Sichuan. It located 350 kilometers downstream from Chongqing and spread out on both side of the river. Today, Wanzhou is an important port and industrial center.
White Emperor City
Interested in Yangtze River Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing instead of Yichang to Wanzhou? You can take a look at the 5 days & 4 nights upstream cruise from Yichang to Chongqing for more reference. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our professional cruise agents!
1. The above information including itinerary, attractions, and shore excursions, is not fixed and will be changed slightly because of the differences in ships, seasons, water levels, and weather condition.
2. Included meals as noted in above itinerary: (B) = Breakfast; (L) = Lunch; (D) = Dinner.
- Why Cruise Yangtze River
- Yangtze River Maps
- How to Get to Yangtze?
- Yangtze Cruise Routes
- Upstream or Downstream?
- Yangtze Cruise Ships Index