Maoping Port Guide
In the whole year of 2018, Maoping Port (茅坪码头) in Zigui County (秭归县) will serve Yangtze River cruise travelers for disembarkation on the 4th day of a downstream cruise and embarkation on the 1st day of an upstream cruise.
All the cruise company - Century Cruises, Victoria Cruises, President Cruises, Yangtze Gold Cruises, Changjiang Cruises (except Yangtze 1 using Taohuacun Port (桃花村码头)) and Yangtze Explorer, will use Maoping Port for embarkation and disembarkation. Yichang New Century Port (新世纪码头) is stopped using this year.
Check the Maoping Port Map before Your Yangtze River Cruise
How to Get to Maoping Port in 2018?
Maoping Port, also called Zigui Port (秭归港) is located at 200 meters east from Binhu Road, Zigui County, Yichang City (宜昌市秭归县滨湖路东200米). It is about 55-60km driving distance away from Yichang downtown and needs about 70-90 minutes to arrive. Please pay attention to the location and check the gathering time, place for embarkation.
Check the Maoping Port Location Map for Your Yangtze River Cruise
Taking Tourist Buses of the Cruise Companies for Upstream Cruise
For travelers booking Yangtze River cruise tour from us, the cruise companies will take the responsibility to take you from Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal or Yichang East Railway Station in Yichang Downtown to Maoping Port to board the ship. The bus usually drives for 1 to 1.5 hours.
|Cruises Name||Gathering Time||Gathering Places||Transportation to Embarkation|
|Victoria Cruises||16:00~21:00||Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal (宜昌三峡游客中心) or Yichang East Railway Station (宜昌东站)||Take the bus arranged by the cruise company to Maoping Port to embark your cruise ship.|
|Yangtze Gold Cruises|
(except Yangtze 1)
At Yichang East Railway Station:
Take a Shuttle Bus at Yichang East Railway Station
1. Show your original passport to get the bus ticket at “Yichang Tourist Information Center” (宜昌旅游信息咨询中心);
2. Walk about 300 meters through the square of the railway station to the “Luxury Cruise Shuttle Boarding Point” (豪华游轮转运乘车处) to take the shuttle bus with your bus ticket.
At Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal:
Take a Shuttle Bus at Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal
1. Show your original passport to get the bus ticket at the “information desk” in the Three Gorges Center Tourist Terminal building;
2. Take the shuttle bus with your bus ticket.
Embarkation Important Tips:
1. Address of Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal (or called Yichang No. 9 Dock): No.142, Yanjiang Avenue, Wujiagang District, Yichang City (facing Yichang Wanda Plaza) 宜昌市伍家岗区沿江大道142号 -宜昌三峡游客中心 (宜昌九码头).
2. Yichang East Railway Station Address: Chengdong Avenue, Wujiagang District, Yichang City 湖北省宜昌市伍家岗区城东大道 - 宜昌东站.
3. How to choose your gathering place? (1) If you take a train arriving in Yichang, you’d better use Yichang East Railway Station. At the exit, you can find the bus arranged by the cruise company heading to Maoping. (2) If you want to do a city tour in Yichang downtown area, Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal will be a better choice.
4. About Luggage: visitors could take the tourist bus with your luggage. Also, you can choose the luggage service, the cruise staff would transfer it from the gathering place to the front desk onboard your ship. Such service needs resonable extra payment.
5. Please make sure to take the bus to Maoping Port on time, and if you miss it, contact us at once!
Taking Tourist Buses of the Cruise Companies for Downstream Cruise
On the disembarkation day, you will leave your ship with your luggage in the early morning. Then, you'll begin your Three Gorges Dam tour or Ship Lift experience before transferring to Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal for departure. (Flight / train booking tips: if you would leave Yichang on the disembarkation day, we advise you book a flight departing after 16:00 or a train departing after 15:30.)
|Situation||Transportation to Yichang||Arrival Place||Arrival Time|
|Only Dam Visiting||After visiting the Three Gorges Dam Site, the cruise company will arrange the bus to transfer to Yichang downtown.||Yichang Three Gorges Center Cruise Terminal
|Dam Visiting + Ship Lift Experience||First switch to a sightseeing boat to sail through Ship Lift and then visit Three Gorges Dam. After the dam visiting, the cruise company will arrange the bus to Yichang downtown.||Around 13:30|
Booking Our Private Transfer Service
Also, we could offer transfer from Yichang airport, railway station, and other downtown places to/from Maoping Port, which will cut down the time and effort waiting for the vehicles. And the charge will be reasonable.
Miss the tourist bus?
If unfortunately you miss the tourist buses of the cruise companies in Yichang downtown, don’t worry. Please contact us right away! We can help you to embark your ship in Maoping in time for reasonable charge!
Yichang Maoping Port
www.yangtze-river-cruises.com will keep updating the latest port information and news. For more questions and help, please feel free to contact our professional cruise agents who are here ready to help you at any time!
Not easy to find the right cruise ship/itinerary for you? Please contact one of our Yangtze cruise specialists to save your time and money. Click the right button to send an online inquiry and we will get back to you within 0.5~23.5 hours.
Your can rely on their expert knowledge and endless enthusiasm!
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: