How to Choose Best Cruise Cabins
Choosing a suitable cabin during your vacation is an essential thing to guarantee a perfect Yangtze trip. It is a personal choice which can be fun and challenging at the same time, depending on your budget and lifestyle. Before booking your cabin, ask yourselves these questions:
Do you mind the price or not?
Do you want your beds and living area is separated in a cabin? Does size really matter for you?
Do you prefer to nest peacefully on your balcony rather than hanging with the crowd around the public area?
All in all, there are several essential factors to consider when making a decision: Star Rating of Cruise Ship, the Price of the Cabin, Cabin Locations, Cabin Types and Size, Amenities.
Star Rating of Cruise Ship
As we all know, the higher the star rating of ships is, the better cabins the ships are equipped with. With high star rating ships, the cabins onboard must have better wooden furniture, softer beds and high-quality baths. Generally, there are five-star and four-star deluxe ships for foreign travelers.
The Price is Right
PRICE is certainly a consideration, and only you know your vacation budget. Your vacation time is limited, if you don’t mind the price, you might be willing to pay more to get a cabin better suited to your lifestyle. If you have fixed budget, choosing an ordinary cabin still help you enjoy a comfortable and unforgettable vacation.
Contact your travel consultant early and send an inquiry, and you may get a discount or so. While, it can guarantee that you will on the cruise you want and in the cabin or cabin type that you want.
Location, Location and Location
Cabin location is the key factor for choosing a cabin and it is not decided in accordance with prices because prices are only dependent on cabin type. The “real estate” that your cabin occupies, no matter the type, can either keep you up all night with noise or it can lull you like a kid and provide exquisite views of your surroundings. That’s why doing your homework is important.
Higher Deck Cabins
- It is much closer to sun deck and all the entertainment areas, such as bard, card rooms, reading rooms, internet bars and spas.
- Besides, you can get better sightseeing.
- It is further from the dining rooms and reception.
- You may experience more rocking motion up high, so those who are seasick prone might want to avoid a higher deck cabin. Seasickness happens less during a Yangtze cruise than that on an ocean cruise.
Lower Deck Cabins
- It is much closer to dining rooms and reception.
- You will experience a smoother ride than those in higher deck cabins.
- It is further from the sun deck and all the entertainment areas.
- Sightseeing is more limited than from higher deck cabins.
Cabin Type, Size & Amenities Does Matter
Different cabin type varies in different price level on Yangtze Cruise ships. It doesn’t mean that the cabin of the highest price is best for you. The suitable cabin is the best. Generally, the cabin types include: Standard cabins, junior cabins, deluxe suites and supreme deluxe suite (including the Shangri-la suites on Victoria Cruise, President Suites on President Cruise, and Imperial Suites on Yangtze Explorer). Read more about Yangtze Cruise Cabin Types.
Balcony or Not?
- All the cabins in Victoria Cruises have private balconies.
- All the Cabins in New Century Cruises have private balconies.
- President No. 1, President Prime, Yangtze No.1 and Yangtze No. 2 have private balconies.
Different ships have the different cabin types and locations, so you should choose the most suitable and right one according to your practical condition and requirement.
Not easy to find the right cruise ship/itinerary for you? Please contact one of our Yangtze cruise specialists to save your time and money. Click the right button to send an online inquiry and we will get back to you within 0.5~23.5 hours.
Your can rely on their expert knowledge and endless enthusiasm!
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: