1 Day Yichang City Short Stay Tour
- Yichang Museum
- Sanyou Cave
- Yiling Square
- Learn more Yangtze River Three Gorges culture in Yichang Museum;
- Appreciate the Xiling Gorge scenery while visit Sanyou Cave.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Yichang
Welcome to Yichang! Upon arrival, the local guide will meet you at Yichang Sanxia Airport or train station and escort you to downtown area for today’s sightseeing. First drive to the downtown area to feel the friendly atmosphere in Yiling Square. You’ll appreciate music fountain, watch pigeons flying over the square, enjoy dances and performances by all ages and styles on the huge square, and others.
Later you’ll visit the Yichang Museum with a collection of more than 30,000 pieces cultural relics. In this small museum, you could have an in-depth understanding of Yangtze River Three Gorges local culture like Changyang People’s fossils, Chengbeixi Culture, Daxi Culture etc.
Next will be a relaxing visit to Sanyou Cave (Cave of Three Travelers). The three travelers are Su Xun, Su Shi and Su Zhe who were famous poets in the Northern Song Dynasty (960~1127). Highlights at the sight are seeing the cave itself, appreciating the Yangtze River Xiling Gorge scenery, walking up the path from the cave to the Zhixin Pavilion and the ancient inscriptions.
Later, transfer to the port for your Yangtze cruise. Service ends!
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 2 more days to visit the largest metropolis in China - Shanghai
Experience the past, present and future of China all at once!
The Huangpu River splits Shanghai into two districts: Pudong and Puxi. The Pudong skyline with stunning tall buildings like Shanghai Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center and Oriental Pearl TV Tower gives you a flourishing scene of modern Shanghai. On the Puxi side, walk along the Bund to get a taste of old Shanghai. What a huge contrast!
+ 4~5 more days to cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
Taking a relaxing cruise sailing on the Yangtze River is a popular way to get a short break during your China tour. You’ll not only enjoy many colorful cultural activities and entertainment programs onboard, but also enjoy three to four shore excursions to deeply know the authentic life along Three Gorges and witness the world-famous Three Gorges Dam.
You can take: 1) 4 Days & 3 Night Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang; 2) 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
Thank you and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.
Thanks again forour smooth running of our tour. And your dedicated and responsible staff like Ruby, tour guide liu and driver luo...
Also we are impressed by Emei mountain resort.
- Thong - December 25, 2019‚ ,
I agree to allow my answers and comments below regarding our China travels arranged by your Tour Operator Ms Riley Guo be put on your website.
1.Did your travel consultant of our company quickly reply to your E-mails and were they patient enough to answer your questions?
- Yes, Ms Riley Guo assisted me in planning our entire tour from beginning to end (from Kunming to Beijing) months before our trip, patiently guided me through every aspect of our journey making good suggestions and provided alternates.
- She always replied to my email inquiries promptly, answering all questions I had for her. She is extremely patient and courteous throughout the "developmental" stages of our planning.
2.Do you have any comments concerning your tour arrangements?
- The tour arrangements were exactly as planned, with the only exception when we encountered a problem where the original plan had to be modified, see answers to Q 4 below. The Tour Operator handled our problem in a timely fashion to our great satisfaction, in face above my expectations. When we encountered other minor problems during our tour, we received prompt attention and assistance from Ms. Guo promptly via WeChat and phone calls, often outside of regular office hours.
3.Are you willing to recommend our service to anyone who also may have an interest to visit China?
- Definitely "Yes". I have no hesitation of recommending your services to anyone interested.
4.What is your general opinion of us?
My opinion regarding:
- Advice and guidance provided in planning stage: Excellent!
- Ms Riley Guo our Tour Operator: Very knowledgeable, paid attention to details.
- Cost: I found your cost very reasonable and easily affordable.
- Efficiency: You run an efficient operation.
- Accuracy: Ms. Guo's suggestions and plans were accurate.
- Honesty: My travel team and I are particularly impressed by the honesty and integrity of your approach to business and in treating your customers when problems do arise. I will cite the following Two Examples:
(1) When Ms Guo made a minor error in our planning, she offered to take $100USD off from our final fees. When I found out that the fee reduction would come out of her commission I was so impressed with her honesty I declined to accept the fee reduction. I would suspect many operators would not even inform the client of such errors.
(2) You were not able to book the high speed train ride for us from Yichang to Beijing after the Yangtze River Cruise. Instead your company put us on a flight for that, and you arranged for a guided day tour of Yichang while waiting for flight time at NO EXTRA costs to us. It was a surprise and pleasant tour.
5.Do you have any suggestions on improving our services?
- I think you are already proving a reliable and trustworthy service to your clients as experienced by me and my travel companions.
- The fact that Ms Guo has such a superb command of written English would no doubt be an invaluable asset to your company in helping non-Chinese speaking clients from overseas who want to explore China.
- Vincent - December 12, 2019‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to email@example.com with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!
You might also like
Yichang / Yangtze Cruise / Chongqing
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie