1 Day Yichang City Short Stay Tour
- Yichang Museum
- Sanyou Cave
- Yiling Square
- Learn more Yangtze River Three Gorges culture in Yichang Museum;
- Appreciate the Xiling Gorge scenery while visit Sanyou Cave.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Yichang
Welcome to Yichang! Upon arrival, the local guide will meet you at Yichang Sanxia Airport or train station and escort you to downtown area for today’s sightseeing. First drive to the downtown area to feel the friendly atmosphere in Yiling Square. You’ll appreciate music fountain, watch pigeons flying over the square, enjoy dances and performances by all ages and styles on the huge square, and others.
Later you’ll visit the Yichang Museum with a collection of more than 30,000 pieces cultural relics. In this small museum, you could have an in-depth understanding of Yangtze River Three Gorges local culture like Changyang People’s fossils, Chengbeixi Culture, Daxi Culture etc.
Next will be a relaxing visit to Sanyou Cave (Cave of Three Travelers). The three travelers are Su Xun, Su Shi and Su Zhe who were famous poets in the Northern Song Dynasty (960~1127). Highlights at the sight are seeing the cave itself, appreciating the Yangtze River Xiling Gorge scenery, walking up the path from the cave to the Zhixin Pavilion and the ancient inscriptions.
Later, transfer to the port for your Yangtze cruise. Service ends!
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 2 more days to visit the largest metropolis in China - Shanghai
Experience the past, present and future of China all at once!
The Huangpu River splits Shanghai into two districts: Pudong and Puxi. The Pudong skyline with stunning tall buildings like Shanghai Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center and Oriental Pearl TV Tower gives you a flourishing scene of modern Shanghai. On the Puxi side, walk along the Bund to get a taste of old Shanghai. What a huge contrast!
+ 4~5 more days to cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
Taking a relaxing cruise sailing on the Yangtze River is a popular way to get a short break during your China tour. You’ll not only enjoy many colorful cultural activities and entertainment programs onboard, but also enjoy three to four shore excursions to deeply know the authentic life along Three Gorges and witness the world-famous Three Gorges Dam.
You can take: 1) 4 Days & 3 Night Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang; 2) 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
In general we were very satisfied with the service as everyone from staff was very kind.
The scenery was beautiful and we liked specially the Wu gorge.
Thanks for your support!
- Rafael - April 7, 2021‚ ,
Thank you for the good arrangement on our trip.
Let see your questions:
• Guide (Chongqing and Yichang):
o The guides was good and hade good knowledge about the subject/area. o The food was really good (Lunch).
o The ship standard ok.
o The included restaurant to crowded and the food was “little too much Chines”. But this was easy solved, we upgrade to the “wester restaurant” to get our own table and less people. I think you shall recommend western people to go for that from the beginning
o The included sighting was good and the guides was good, had good knowledge about the subject/area.
o Over all good cruise.
o Both hotels really good standard.
o Good location on both hotels.
Overall we are really satisfied with the trip you have arranged for us also this time.
It’s so convenient when you have arranged the trip with pic up from air port and deliver to the next destination with some interesting things to look on between.
So now the big question is where to go next time?
I have at least one more year in China (hopefully more)
Best regards Per
- Per - April 1, 2021‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to email@example.com with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!
You might also like
Yichang / Yangtze Cruise / Chongqing
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie