3 Days Best of Wuhan Tour from Yichang
Yichang / Wuhan
- Sanyou Cave
- Yellow Crane Tower
- Hubei Provincial Museum
- Guiyuan Temple
- East Lake
- Heptachord Terrace
- Experience the fast high speed train from Yichang to Wuhan;
- Get panorama view of Yangtze River and Wuhan City.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Yichang - High Speed Train to Wuhan
After you arrive in Yichang, our guide and driver will take you to Sanyou Cave (Cave of Three Travelers). The three travelers are Su Xun, Su Shi and Su Zhe who were famous poets in the Northern Song Dynasty (960~1127). Highlights at the sight are seeing the cave itself, appreciating the Yangtze River Xiling Gorge scenery, walking up the path from the cave to the Zhixin Pavilion and the ancient inscriptions.
After the tour, take the 2-hour D-train from Yichang to Wuhan. After arriving in Wuhan, the local guide will pick you up at the train station and escort you to the hotel. Stay overnight in Wuhan.
Day 2 Wuhan (B, L)
After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. You first stop is Guiyuan Temple. First built in the early Qing Dynasty, Guiyuan Temple is one of the four biggest temples for Buddhist meditation in Hubei as well as an important Buddhist temple in China.
Later, head to the Heptachord Terrace (Guqin Tai), located on the south bank of Moon Lake, near the western foot of Tortoise Hill. It is the beautiful site with great layout where you could appreciate the sincere friendship between Yu Boya and Zhong Ziqi in Spring and Autumn Period (770-476 B.C.).
Lastly, transfer to Yellow Crane Tower, one of the most renowned towers south of the Yangtze River. It enjoys the fame of “The First Scenery under Heaven”. And its cultural significance led to its being made the symbol of Wuhan City.
Yellow Crane Tower
Day 3 Wuhan & Wuhan Departure (B)
After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. Today, you’ll first visit Hubei Provincial Museum. Founded in 1953, Hubei Provincial Museum has 6.5 hectares with 200,000 exquisite items include bronze, jade and lacquer work, porcelain and paintings. You can enjoy a performance of chime bells, stone chimes and other ancient instruments. The museum is a window to explore Chinese history.
Later, take 5-minute walk to East Lake. It is the largest lake within a city in China. Take the ferry boat to explore the scenic area with pavilions and gardens.
After the tour, transfer to the airport, train station or port for your departure flight, train or cruise. Service ends!
Hubei Provincial Museum
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 2 more days to visit the largest metropolis in China - Shanghai
Experience the past, present and future of China all at once!
The Huangpu River splits Shanghai into two districts: Pudong and Puxi. The Pudong skyline with stunning tall buildings like Shanghai Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center and Oriental Pearl TV Tower gives you a flourishing scene of modern Shanghai. On the Puxi side, walk along the Bund to get a taste of old Shanghai. What a huge contrast!
+ 4~5 more days to cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
Taking a relaxing cruise sailing on the Yangtze River is a popular way to get a short break during your China tour. You’ll not only enjoy many colorful cultural activities and entertainment programs onboard, but also enjoy three to four shore excursions to deeply know the authentic life along Three Gorges and witness the world-famous Three Gorges Dam.
You can take: 1) 4 Days & 3 Night Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang; 2) 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
We had a wonderful trip and are very happy altogether. Everything worked out very well.
In Zhangjiajie we were a little bit unlucky with the weather (no one can change that) and with the masses travelling (also something that cannot be changed). Because of the latter I am very glad that you suggested to visit the Gorge on arrival day already, we would never have made it on the second day (and it would have been in pouring rain).
The river cruise was excellent; although it being pretty expensive we most certainly appreciated the special treatment we received due to booking “executive”.
So I have already recommended this trip to colleagues and friends.
Unfortunately you do not offer any cruises on other parts of the river as far as I know.
Thanks for all your support before the trip (and for getting us out of the broom-closet in Zhangjiajie:)
- Viola - May 17, 2021‚ ,
The Victoria Jenna was great! The facilities were better than expected, the food was good and the staff were very friendly! We ended up upgrading our rooms when we boarded because the offer not too bad for a much bigger room. The itinerary I felt was a tad too much as we were expecting a more leisurely time; it felt like the cruise was trying too hard to fill every last minute with something to do (from 6:30am)!
In terms of excursions, the Three Kingdoms show was the best, the Shuanggui Hill was not worth it, we didn't bother joining the White Emperor City, the cruise through Gorges had nice views with good commentary, the Godess Stream was also below par, and the ship lift at the Three Gorges Dam was interesting, but not the short tour afterwards.
The so called "captain's farewell banquet" was really just dinner with the captain and crew saying a few words at the start. You should remove any references to dress codes because it wasn't necessary nor suitable.
Overall, it was worth doing it and we're glad we did it with Victoria cruises. The Jenna was refitted in 2018, which is one of the oldest to having a redecoration, so I'm wondering what the newer ones that got refitted in 2019 and 2020 would be like!
Finally, thank you for the quick responses and all the help you've given us -- really appreciate it!
Hope this helps.
- Whan - May 11, 2021‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to email@example.com with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!
You might also like
Wuhan / Wudang Mountain / Yichang / Yangtze Cruise / Chongqing
Yichang / Yangtze Cruise / Chongqing