Yangtze Explorer (also called Yangzi Explorer) under Sanctuary Retreats is the most luxury, and the only super 5-star ship on the Yangtze River. Carrying just 124 passengers, it offers the finest and the most personalized one-on-one service (highest crew to passenger ratio on the river of 1:1) to ensure every level of comfort for an intimate cruising experience.
Top Highlights of2021:
1. New and Innovative Discovery: the only Yangtze cruise taking you to explore world unique 816 Nuclear Military Plant, amazing White Crane Ridge Underwater Museum, etc.
2. Exciting Special Route of Shennongjia Summer Getaway: enjoy enchanting sceneries of World UNESCO natural heritage site of Shennongjia, world only place to close up with wild golden monkeys, seek the tracks of wild men, and enjoy a cool summer holiday, etc. Please check more about Special Itinerary of Yangtze Explorer.
- Chongqing - Yichang (4 days & 3 nights;)
- Yichang - Chongqing (5 days & 4 nights;)
- 4N & 5D Special Summer Cruise with Shennongjia (Special offer only on July 20, July 27, August 3, August 10 and August 17 in 2021)
- 8N & 9D Chongqing - Jiujiang Cruise (July ~ November)
- 10N & 11D Nanjing - Chongqing Cruise (September ~ October)
Colorful Life on Yangtze Explorer Cruise
Dining on Yangtze Explorer offers the great chance to savor palatable cuisine at its finest. A team of internationally-trained chefs designed innovative menus of both Chinese and western dishes, catering to the most discerning of palates.
Breakfast and lunch are buffets, dinner in a la carte style (only last Captain's Farewell Banquet is Chinese table dinner), , served in the single-seating Dynasty Palace on the Main Deck. The team of chefs is always on hand to cater for particular dietary requirements, or a special dinner with family and friends.
With an a-la-carte menu and cooking lessons from the executive chef for all ages, you can enjoy and learn to cook local delicacies.
- Special dietary requirements, such as diabetic or vegetarian, are accepted onboard, but need to be advised in advance at time of booking with us or you can tell the front desk when checking in.
- To know exact dining time, you can have a clear idea by checking the daily schedule delivered in your cabin or suite, in the elevator or by listening to the broadcast.
- Room Service is available 24 hours a day. Please refer to the Room Service Menu in the Directory or dial extension 0 for more information.
- Dumpling making class: Learn how to make one of the most wildly recognized of Chinese foods from on board Chinese chef. Suitable for both adults and children. Since the time are different for upstream cruise and downstream cruise, please check the exact time at the front desk.
- Daily free morning coffee and tea from about 06:30am to 07:00am;
- Bottled water is provided every day in your cabins;
- Yangtze Explore Cruise has a Multi-function Hall on the fifth floor and a sundeck bar on sixth floor offering drinks for travelers from morning till night (reasonable extra charge is needed);
- Free specified red wine, white wine and other drinks at mealtime;
- In the afternoon if there is no shore excursion, travelers can enjoy complimentary afternoon tea with pastry with your family or friends;
- The legal drinking age on Yangtze Explorer is 18 years old.
Yangtze Explore also offers normal drink package and premium package for guests to choose. The normal drink package needs for about 488 RMB/pp on downstream cruises and 688 RMB/pp on upstream cruises, with a list of vodka, whiskey, beers, cocktails, house wines, sodas & juices, coffees & teas. The premium drink package charges for about 1,088 RMB/pp on downstream cruises and 1,288 RMB/pp on upstream cruises, with all the onboard drinks included except Cognax XO and JW Blue Label.
The above price is subject to charge a 15% service fee in addition to the cost of the package. However, the price may be slightly changed according to practical situation. If you are in need, you can ask the staff onboard for help after boarding the ship.
Cultural Activities & Entertainment Programs
Since there is no extra shore excursions for downstream and limited extra excursions for upstream, travelers can be involved in different kinds of cultural activities and entertainment programs during your spare time. You will not only learn Chinese culture and the history of the Yangtze River, but also have a fun time with other guests on board, making new friends and sharing your happy travel time with each other.
- Taichi Exercise - Learn from the certified Taichi master and experience the soothing art form in the outdoor observation deck area or inside the Tang Theatre. Taichi is an internal Chinese martial art practiced for both its defense training and its health benefits. Daily practice of Tai Chi promotes mental clarity and a healthy body, assists with balance and helps the circulation of the blood. Want to try?
- Traditional Chinese Culture Lectures: include Chinese Medicine demonstration to learn the traditional ways of curing from the experienced Chinese doctor; Chinese Tea Appreciation to taste different kinds of tea from different regions of China and learn about the benefit of tea drinking; Chinese Brush Painting and Calligraphy to watch and participate as the art instructor shows and explain the method of Chinese painting and writing; Mahjong Lesson to learn and understand the favorite pass-time of the Chinese “Mahjong” an ancient game that has been played through generations; Mandarin lesson to learn Chinese language, letter and pronunciation. More lectures are waiting for you to join!
- Crew Shows: The evening will be very lively with sing, dance and music! Travelers can enjoy happy shows performed by crew on board with many interesting themes, like Dynasty fashion show, talk show, singing and dancing show or cabaret show, etc.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Party: the captain and other staff on board will welcome you at the beginning of the cruise and see you off at the end of the cruise. You’ll enjoy a wide selection of items form the specially designed a la carte menu by the award-winning chef. Don’t forget the chance to toast with the captain!
(Dress code for Captain’s Party: A suite and tie for a man or an evening dress for a woman is not strictly required, but avoiding dressing too casual like jeans, round-neck shirts, shorts, slippers and so on.)
On Yangtze Explorer cruise, you can enjoy high quality service in every detail to satisfy your needs. Please note that some of the service belongs to personal behaviors which need extra charge.
Daily Schedule: Travelers can have clear idea about what you will do every day by listening to the broadcast with exact time, or checking the daily schedule sheet delivered to your cabin or suites.
Guide Service: An excellent and experienced English-speaking guide will accompany you all the way and he or she will introduce the facilities onboard, explain the Three Gorges (Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge), and join in to the evening entertainment to have fun with you. If you have any questions or need any help, just tell the guide directly.
Meal Delivery: If you want to enjoy meals in your cabins or on the sundeck, please tell your nees to front desk and they will help and arrange it.
Business Center: you can use Internet or Wifi to check your email or work if you need.
International / local phone calls and faxes are available at the reception desk and the Business Center on Yangtze Explorer cruise. It is also equipped with Internet access and an Internet cafe on board. All of these services are fee-based and you can sign these charges to your account and settle them at the end of the voyage.
Money Exchange: You can exchange different kinds of currency onboard, like US dollars, Euro, Ren Min Bi, etc.
Laundry: Of course, you can do laundry onboard. There are laundry bags in every cabin that you just need to put your clothes into the bags and the staff will come and collect your clothes. When finished washing, the staff will send your clothes back to your cabin. Doing laundry onboard needs extra charge. To know the detailed price, please ask for our professional cruise agents.
Luggage Carrying: You don’t need to carry your luggage on your own and just tell your cabin number to the porters and he will help you do it no matter for embarkation or disembarkation. It needs extra charge and you can discuss the price with porters beforehand.
Tangtze Explorer offers a wide variety of massage services in one of the six uniquely designed oriental private treatment rooms on Qutang Deck. You can totally relax yourself after a shore excursion or kill your time at afternoon. Lounges, and bars on board are good choices to meet new friends.
- Opening hours of massage rooms: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
- Suite lounge, with computers and internet access, offers hot and cold beverages, special canapés and snacks throughout the day. Free flow of house wine & local beer are offered during pre-dinner.
There is a health clinic on Wu Deck of Yangtze Explorer, providing high standard 24 hours on-call medical services from ship’s doctor.
For daily exercise, there is a Fitness Centure on Qutang Deck, offering the best equipment on the Yangtze. You can also join to play Taichi on the sundeck every morning.
Public Facilities & Location
|Main Lobby||1F||Reception Desk||1F|
|Lotus Room||5F||Tang Theater
|Peony Room||5F||Beauty Salon||4F|
|Massage Room||4F||Gym Room||4F|
|Sun Deck||5F||Dynasty Palace
|Connecting Cabins||Private Balcony||Individual air-conditioning system||Extension Telephone||TV & TV Controller||Satellite programs|
|Private Bathroom||Shower||Bathtub||Mini Bar||Life Jacket||Mineral Water|
|Telephone Directory||Hair Dryer||Shampoo||Bath Foam||Shower Cap||Bath Towel|
|Bed||Face Towel||Hand Towel||Floor Towel||Soap||Soap Plate|
|Tea Bags||Coffee Spoon||Shoe Sponge||Toilet Paper||Safe Box||Laundry Bags|
|Desk||Chair||Clothes Hanger||Cloth Line||Laundry Bags||Ball-pen|
Schedule of Yangtze Explorer
- The above price range is based on a standard cabin for twin sharing.
- The prices are valid by Dec.31 of the year.
- Please enquiry for the exact price according to your nationality, cruising time and cruising route.
- Please quote us for the price may change during China's Golden Week (the first week of October) and Spring Festival.
- Limited winter schedules may be adjusted into other dates, cruise ships, etc. based on the arrangement of the cruise company.
Save up more to Book a China Tour Package including Yangtze Cruise
Questions & Discussions
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.
Thank you for the message! Yes, you can do your own Laundry on your room or you can pay the staff that they can do it for you.
Have a nice day!
Thanks for your question. Tables for 2 are available (not too many) in the dining room. Wish you a nice trip with Yangtze Explorer!