4 Days Shanghai & Poetic Suzhou Garden Tour
Shanghai / Suzhou / Shanghai
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center
- Shanghai Museum
- The Bund
- Jade Buddha Temple
- Shanghai World Financial Center
- Humble Administrator’s Garden
- Zhouzhuang Water Town
- Have a bird's eye view of the metropolis Shanghai;
- Enjoy the beauty and tranquility in classic Suzhou gardens;
- Relax on a sculling boat to enjoy the ancient charm of Zhouzhuang Water Town;
- Walk along the Bund to explore the west-meet-east culture.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Shanghai Arrival
Ni Hao! Welcome to Shanghai, the largest and the most developed metropolis in the Chinese mainland! You’ll be met by our local guide at the arrival hall of Shanghai airport / train station and escorted to your hotel in downtown area by a private, comfortable and non-smoking vehicle. The rest of today is on your own to explore the “Pearl of the Orient”.
Arrival Ideas: Shanghai has airlines connecting with 282 cities and regions, linking almost every part of the world and China. Also, travelers can take high speed trains to Shanghai from Beijing (about 5~5.5hrs), Xian (about 6~7.5hrs), Suzhou (about 0.5hr), Hangzhou (about 1hr), Huangshan (about 4hrs), etc.
Tall Buildings in Pudong New District
Day 2 Shanghai (B, L)
After breakfast, you’ll take a full day to explore the west-meet-east, modern-blend-tradition culture of Shanghai. First, take an educational trip to Shanghai Museum, one of the Four Greatest Museums in China. From outside, you’ll appreciate the beautiful appearance in the style of “Ding” which symbolizes “a round heaven and a square earth”. While entering into the exhibition rooms, you’ll treat your eyes with large number of collections of historic relics from Bronze, ceramics, painting and calligraphic works to jades, coins, furniture, seals, sculptures, etc.
Next, drive to Pudong New District to the third tallest building in China - Shanghai World Financial Center. Stand on the 100th floor (474 meters) to have panoramic view of Shanghai downtown, Huangpu River as well as nearby towering buildings.
Later, take a wonderful stroll along the Bund with a rich collection of buildings and structures of various architectural styles. Feel the perfect fusion of Chinese and Western cultures while at the same time take in the stunning Shanghai skyline with your own eyes! Next will be followed a nice walk along Nanjing Road to experience the modern atmosphere of Shanghai.
Optional activities: 1) Take a relaxing Huangpu River night cruise to see the city’s most significant edifices and streets sparkling under the atmospheric cover of darkness (about 50 minutes); 2) Enjoy an entertaining and breathtaking Acrobatic Show at Shanghai Circus World or other acrobatic theatres (usually performs during 19:30~21:00).
Have Panoramic View on the Top of Shanghai World Financial Center
Panoramic View of the Bund of Shanghai
Shanghai Museum on the People's Square
Day 3 Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai (B, L)
In this morning, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel and escort you to Suzhou (about 93km for 1.5 hours’ drive). “Suzhou Gardens are finest under heaven”. First, you’ll take an interesting trip to Humble Administrator’s Garden which is a representation of Jiangnan classical garden as well as the largest classical garden in Suzhou. Entering into the garden, you’ll enjoy water scenery, green hills, delicate buildings and pavilions, lush flowers and trees. You won’t miss beautiful scenery in every corner as you’ll follow the route to Eastern Garden, Central Garden and Western Garden.
After the classical Suzhou garden tour, you’ll drive about 43km (27miles) to the No.1 Water Town in China - Zhouzhuang. In this ancient town, you’ll explore 14 ancient particular stone bridges built in Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties, multiple courtyards linking together on the winding water, more than 80 residents living by the river. Visit Double Bridge to feel the ancient charm of Zhouzhuang, Shen’s House to see the luxurious rooms, and Zhang’s House where you can know about the life an story of the very wealthy Shen Wansan. Enjoy the leisure moment to take a sculling boat to appreciate the hundred-year old houses passing by, verdant willow dancing in the wind and listen to the introduction through the boatman. If you like, you can also enjoy the Kun Opera performed at the Old Stage.
After the tour, drive to Shanghai City and stay overnight there.
Zhouzhuang Water Town, No.1 Water Town in China
Humble Administrator’s Garden
Day 4 Shanghai Departure (B)
Want to deeply know the past, today and future of Shanghai? This morning’s visit to Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center will show you everything about Shanghai. You will see the amazing transformation of Shanghai that was originally a small fishing village and now surprisingly a super modern world metropolis. Different usages of photography, models and interactive multimedia displays make your visit enjoyable and entertaining. The best features are the old rare photos of landmarks, such as the Bund, Nanjing Road, Yu Garden, during the international settlement, and the large scale model showing the detailed layout of Shanghai.
Then you will be followed a trip to Jade Buddha Temple, a famous Buddhist Temple peacefully situated in the bustling Shanghai downtown. It is famous for the two pieces of Jade Buddha - one is the sitting Jade Buddha of 1.95 meters tall and the other is the smaller reclining Jade Buddha of 0.96 meters tall. Besides appreciating the Jade Buddha, you can have a basic understanding about Chinese Buddhism by visiting the Buddhist halls.
After the tour, your guide will escort you the airport / train station for your flight to next destination or home.
See the Future of Shanghai in Urban Planning Exhibition Center
Jade Buddha Temple
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 4~5 more days to cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
Taking a relaxing cruise sailing on the Yangtze River is a popular way to get a short break during your China tour. You’ll not only enjoy many colorful cultural activities and entertainment programs onboard, but also enjoy three to four shore excursions to deeply know the authentic life along Three Gorges and witness the world-famous Three Gorges Dam.
You can take: 1) 4 Days & 3 Night Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang; 2) 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
Dear Jack, good morning!
Glad to see you! Thank you for your mail!
The trip was great! Really well organised!
Additional THANK YOU to the manager of the boat called Alina who took the special care about us.
- Svetlana - August 14, 2023‚ ,
The cruise was great... Flight is delayed though (5:45pm now delayed until midnight), but the cruise was good. Great weather and wonderful staff
- Hannah - August 5, 2023‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!