2 Days Ancient Nanjing Tour with City Highlights
- Dr. Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum
- Zhonghua Gate
- Confucius Temple
- Qinhuai River
- Presidential Palace
- Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge
- Take a dive into Nanjing's fascinating past at the historical landmarks;
- Know more history about ancient Ming Dynasty, Qing Dynasty and recent China.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Nanjing
Upon your arrival, our guide will meet you at the Airport or train station. Or after breakfast, our guide will pick you up at your hotel.
Your first stop today is Dr. Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum. Located at the foot of the majestic Purple Mountain, it is the tomb of Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the Father of Modern China. Some 392 steps lead to the very entrance in this mausoleum and it is a definite must-see place when you are visiting Nanjing.
Later, you’ll have a great look at Zhonghua Gate which is the biggest castle-style city in China and the most complicated castle in the world. Built from 1366 to 1387, Zhonghua Gate boasts great skill, delicate structure and magnificent scale.
Then, head to Confucius Temple. Built in Song Dynasty, the year of 1034, Nanjing Confucius Temple has a history of about 1000 years. The whole temple covers a huge area, mainly consisting of Confucius Temple, Studying Hall and Gongyuan.
The last scenic spot today is the Qinhuai River to explore the local lifestyle. This river remembers the long history of the town and it is inseparable part of all that is happening in Nanjing. Its bank was very popular during the Qing and Ming Dynasties due to the red lantern alley that was placed there.
Dr. Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum
Nanjing Qinhuai River
Day 2 Nanjing & Nanjing Departure (B)
After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. Today, you’ll going to visit Presidential Palace. During the 1009 years and from 1840 to 1949, it was the backbone of Chinese military and politics. Now it is a historic site with great importance in modern history of China, also becoming the biggest modern history museums in China.
Later, followed a trip to Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge which is the first double-decker bridge designed for road traffic as well as trains. In 1960s, the bridge was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for “the longest bridge with dual functions of Highway and railway”.
After the tour, transfer to the airport or train station for your departure flight/train. Service ends!
Presidential Palace in Nanjing
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 2 more days to visit the largest metropolis in China - Shanghai
Experience the past, present and future of China all at once!
The Huangpu River splits Shanghai into two districts: Pudong and Puxi. The Pudong skyline with stunning tall buildings like Shanghai Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center and Oriental Pearl TV Tower gives you a flourishing scene of modern Shanghai. On the Puxi side, walk along the Bund to get a taste of old Shanghai. What a huge contrast!
+ 4~5 more days to cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
Taking a relaxing cruise sailing on the Yangtze River is a popular way to get a short break during your China tour. You’ll not only enjoy many colorful cultural activities and entertainment programs onboard, but also enjoy three to four shore excursions to deeply know the authentic life along Three Gorges and witness the world-famous Three Gorges Dam.
You can take: 1) 4 Days & 3 Night Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang; 2) 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
Dear Jack, good morning!
Glad to see you! Thank you for your mail!
The trip was great! Really well organised!
Additional THANK YOU to the manager of the boat called Alina who took the special care about us.
- Svetlana - August 14, 2023‚ ,
The cruise was great... Flight is delayed though (5:45pm now delayed until midnight), but the cruise was good. Great weather and wonderful staff
- Hannah - August 5, 2023‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!