4 Days Chongqing Tour with Wulong Karst Landscape
Chongqing / Wulong / Chongqing
- Chongqing Zoo
- Ciqikou Old Town
- Three Gorges Museum
- Hongya Cave
- Natural Three Bridges
- Furong Cave
- Fairy Mountain
- Get into the South China Karst region, enjoy awe-inspiring karst landscape;
- Explore the Mountain City leisurely to absorb some history and culture;
- Have a deep understanding about Yangtze River, Three Gorges and Three Gorges Dam in Chongqing Museum.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Chongqing Arrival
Welcome to Chongqing, the Mountain City! Clear the customs and retrieve your baggage by yourself upon arrival, be greeted by our tour guide in the Arrival Hall who is holding a sign on which says your name; be escorted to your hotel with a private car. The rest of the day is free on your own for any kind of the activity.
Tips: If you want to explore near your hotel, please feel free to ask practical suggestions from our experienced tour guide.
Chongqing, the Mountain City of China
Day 2 Chongqing - Wulong (B)
After breakfast, you guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel and drive to Wulong (about 2 hours). Wulong County was discovered in May 1993 and it is very popular among foreigners for its limestone cave.
First, you’ll get to Furong Cave to see the “underground artistic palace and a cavern scientific museum”. The main limestone is unexpectedly as long as 2700 meters. Later, visit the famous Natural Three Bridges which is a rare geological wonder and an eco-tourist’s delight. It features three natural karst bridges: Tianlong Bridge, Qinglong Bridge and Heilong Bridge. The three natural karst stone arch bridges, with an average height of over 200 meters (656 feet), and an average span of over 200 meters (656 feet), constitute the largest natural bridge cluster in Asia.
After the tour, stay overnight in Wulong.
Wulong Natural Three Bridges
Day 3 Wulong - Chongqing (B)
Today, you’ll visit the Fairy Mountain. With its uniquely famous mountains and grasslands of south of the Yangtze River, a rare example of dense forest snowfields in southern China, and a wonderful landscape of green forests and vast pastures, it has the reputation of being the No.1 Pasture in Southern China, as well as the “Orient’s Switzerland”. After the visiting, you’ll surely be attracted by the magnificent and picturesque sightseeing.
In the afternoon, drive back to Chongqing city.
Wulong Fairy Mountain
Day 4 Chongqing Departure (B, L)
After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. First drive to Chongqing Zoo which has more than 240 species of animals and over 4,200 in total. In the Panda House, you can have a memorable time and close contact with the lovely giant pandas and red pandas. Besides, you can see the rare South China tiger and white tiger, the Asian elephant and more animals.
Next will be an interesting visit to the thousand-year-old Ciqikou Ancient Town, a famous business harbor in ancient time. Reputed as “Little Chongqing”, Ciqikou is a heaven-like place where you can leisurely wander along the bustling old streets with Ming and Qing architectures standing by, visit the featured shops, taste delicate local snacks, or enjoy a cup of at the old teahouse.
Later drive about 13km from Ciqikou to Three Gorges Museum which sits opposite to People’s Assembly Hall. Entering into this large and modern museum, you’ll have a deep understanding about the geography of Yangtze River, the changes of Three Gorges and the world-famous project Three Gorges Dam; know the history of ancient Ba and Yu, as well as learn about every aspect of Chongqing City in 20th century.
Then drive to the “The First Corridor across Yangtze River” to experience the 1166-meter-long Yangtze River Cableway to have a panoramic view of the mountain city and Yangtze River. (Please note: it’s recommended to take Yangtze River cableway in a clear day.) Before the night falls, head to Hongya Cave to end your today’s Chongqing tour. You’ll find yourselves in a world of stilted buildings with old streets lined with featured souvenir stores, elaborate specialty shops and spectacular collection of restaurants ranging from western food to Japanese cuisine to various Chinese favorites. If time permits, enjoy the stunning night view of Hongya Cave at sunset.
After the tour, you’ll be transferred to the airport, train station or cruise port for your departure flight, train or Yangtze River cruise.
Beautiful Night View of Hongya Cave
Ciqikou Old Town
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 2 more days to visit the largest metropolis in China - Shanghai
Experience the past, present and future of China all at once!
The Huangpu River splits Shanghai into two districts: Pudong and Puxi. The Pudong skyline with stunning tall buildings like Shanghai Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center and Oriental Pearl TV Tower gives you a flourishing scene of modern Shanghai. On the Puxi side, walk along the Bund to get a taste of old Shanghai. What a huge contrast!
+ 2 more days to visit the city with best scenery under heaven - Guilin
Surrounded by karst peaks, Yangshuo is situated on the bank of Li River in Guilin. Yangshuo has long been renowned as a popular place for foreign tourists. It is said “guilin landscape tops those elsewhere, and yangshuo landscape tops that of Guilin”. Outdoor options are plenty here and West Street is a good place to explore.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
All good, the only thing I can think of is if they could upgraded their gym but I’m thinking I’m the only one who has ever used it. Everyone was really nice, I just wish there were more passengers to enjoy their hospitality.
- David - November 3, 2020‚ ,
Thank you. We upgraded our cabins the executive suites and had a wonderful time!
(The following picture was shared by Narelle)
Happy China Trip
- Narelle - October 6, 2020‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to email@example.com with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!
You might also like
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie