1 Day Chongqing City Essence Tour
- Chongqing Zoo
- Ciqikou Old Town
- Three Gorges Museum
- Hongya Cave
- Explore the Mountain City leisurely to absorb the special atmosphere;
- See the lovely Giant Pandas and other rare species in Chongqing Zoo;
- Learn some history about Yangtze River and Chongqing in Three Gorges Museum.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Chongqing
Welcome to Chongqing, the Mountain City of China! Upon arrival, the local guide will meet you at Chongqing Jiangbei Airport or train station and escort you to downtown area for today’s sightseeing.
First drive to Chongqing Zoo which has more than 240 species of animals and over 4,200 in total. In the Panda House, you can have a memorable time and close contact with the lovely giant pandas and red pandas. Besides, you can see the rare South China tiger and white tiger, the Asian elephant and more animals.
Next will be an interesting visit to the thousand-year-old Ciqikou Ancient Town, a famous business harbor in ancient time. Reputed as “Little Chongqing”, Ciqikou is a heaven-like place where you can leisurely wander along the bustling old streets with Ming and Qing architectures standing by, visit the featured shops, taste delicate local snacks, or enjoy a cup of at the old teahouse.
Later drive about 13km from Ciqikou to Three Gorges Museum which sits opposite to People’s Assembly Hall. Entering into this large and modern museum, you’ll have a deep understanding about the geography of Yangtze River, the changes of Three Gorges and the world-famous project Three Gorges Dam; know the history of ancient Ba and Yu, as well as learn about every aspect of Chongqing City in 20th century.
Then drive to the “The First Corridor across Yangtze River” to experience the 1166-meter-long Yangtze River Cableway to have a panoramic view of the mountain city and Yangtze River. (Please note: it’s recommended to take Yangtze River cableway in a clear day.) Before the night falls, head to Hongya Cave to end your today’s Chongqing tour. You’ll find yourselves in a world of stilted buildings with old streets lined with featured souvenir stores, elaborate specialty shops and spectacular collection of restaurants ranging from western food to Japanese cuisine to various Chinese favorites. If time permits, enjoy the stunning night view of Hongya Cave at sunset.
After the tour, you’ll be transferred to the airport, train station or cruise port for your departure flight, train or Yangtze River cruise.
Note: All attractions can be customized according to your arrival and departure arrangements. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Beautiful Night View of Hongya Cave
Ciqikou Old Town
Three Gorges Museum
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 2 more days to visit the largest metropolis in China - Shanghai
Experience the past, present and future of China all at once!
The Huangpu River splits Shanghai into two districts: Pudong and Puxi. The Pudong skyline with stunning tall buildings like Shanghai Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center and Oriental Pearl TV Tower gives you a flourishing scene of modern Shanghai. On the Puxi side, walk along the Bund to get a taste of old Shanghai. What a huge contrast!
+ 4~5 more days to cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
Taking a relaxing cruise sailing on the Yangtze River is a popular way to get a short break during your China tour. You’ll not only enjoy many colorful cultural activities and entertainment programs onboard, but also enjoy three to four shore excursions to deeply know the authentic life along Three Gorges and witness the world-famous Three Gorges Dam.
You can take: 1) 4 Days & 3 Night Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang; 2) 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
Yes I’m aboard the train for Guangzhou. It was a really great trip. I have recommended my colleagues to visit and to contact you if they do.
- Simon - June 30, 2020‚ ,
I hope things are returning to normal for you and that the impact in your business of covid-19 has not been too depressing. Please forgive my tardy response, for which there is no excuse!
I flew from Shanghai to Saigon just 3 days before the flights were banned and managed to spend a great 4 weeks travelling through Cambodia and Thailand as well as re-entering Vietnam in Hanoi and touring back to Saigon for a week returning to UK on 22 February, where I completed 2 weeks of self isolation with my wife. As you will know we have been locked down for 9 weeks now so life is very different to how it was before I left for China back on 12 January! I have inserted my answers to your questions below and hope they are helpful to you.
1. Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions?
Wonder Wang, at China Discovery, was very helpful and responsive to my questions and needs and I felt supported and safe in a strange land, especially during a period of uncertainty when I lost key documentation and needed to ensure its replacement before I left China, and also during a time when many around us were conscious of the emerging coved 19 pandemic (Mid to late January 2020).
2. How’s the service of the tour guides during your whole tour?
Very attentive and knowledgeable. Maybe it’s my age (67) but at times I found understanding their English a challenge but they were all patient with me and would repeat their explanations when I asked them to.
3. Would you like to recommend our company?
I have no hesitation in recommending China Discovery to anyone looking for a bespoke trip to the land of Wonder that is China.
Thanks again for all you did for me during the China leg of my trip. I had a wonderful time.
Take great care and best wishes
- Simon - May 25, 2020‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to email@example.com with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!
You might also like
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie