5 Days Chengdu & Bifengxia Panda Volunteer Tour
Chengdu / Bifengxia Panda Base / Chengdu
- Wuhou Temple
- Jinli Old Street
- Bifengxia Panda Base
- Renmin Park
- Enjoy the leisure life and sip some tea in the local park;
- Taste the spicy HOTPOT in the local restaurant;
- Spend 2 days volunteering in Bifengxia Panda Base.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Chengdu Arrival (D)
Welcome to Chengdu, the hometown of Giant Pandas! Clear the customs and retrieve your baggage by yourself upon arrival, be greeted by our tour guide in the Arrival Hall who is holding a sign on which says your name. A comfortable vehicle (non-smoking) with an experienced driver will transfer you directly to your hotel. Your guide will help you check in. The rest of today is yours to enjoy the leisurely life pace of this city on your own.
In the evening, enjoy hotpot to taste the local Sichuan Flavor.
Sichuan Local Cuisine - Hotpot
Day 2 Chengdu - Ya'an ( B )
After breakfast, start your sightseeing tour of Chengdu’s top attractions with your tour guide. You’ll first be driven to the Wuhou Temple, a cultural and historical relic dating back to the Three Kingdoms Period (220-280 AD). Follow your guide on a tour of the grounds and see the intricate architectural stylings of its front and interior gates, the Hall for Emperor Liu Bei, the Hall for Zhuge Liang and the Huiling Mausoleum.
Then, proceed to Jinli Old Street where you will experience Chengdu local culture, taste some featured snacks and get yourself some handcrafts.
Later, head to Renmin Park to enjoy a cup of traditional Chinese tea and absorb the special atmosphere of Chengdu.
Afterwards, you’ll be driven approximately 2 hours to Ya’an City, where you’ll check in to your comfortable hotels. Then you’ll receive a brief introduction of your activities for the next two days in Bifengxia Panda Base and you’ll be given a pair of overalls to you’ll wear while working with pandas.
Explore Three Kingdom Culture in Jinli Old Street
Day 3 Bifengxia Panda Base ( B )
On this day, you’ll get up close and personal with adorable pandas! After breakfast at your hotel, you'll be taken to the Bifengxia Panda Base, where you'll get the rare opportunity to assist park rangers with daily activities and learn about the center's important conservation efforts first-hand.
Participate in typical tasks throughout the day such as feeding the pandas; you'll be amazed by how much food these endangered creatures consume - a whopping 45 lbs (20 kg) per day! You'll also help contribute to the safety and well-being of the animals by cleaning the panda enclosures. When the pandas are resting, you will have 3 hours of free time for lunch and to explore the center or Bifengxia Valley on your own.
Day 4 Bifengxia Panda Base ( B )
Experience a volunteering work for the giant pandas in Bifengxia like the things to do in Day 3. It can be a special memory to get so close to the cute pandas.
Volunteer in Bifengxia Panda Base
Day 5 Bifengxia Panda Base & Chengdu Departure ( B )
Before leaving panda base, you’ll have one last opportunity to spend time with the pandas. Say goodbyes to this cute bears and take some photos, after which you’ll be awarded with your certificate of recognition for your volunteer work at the base.
After the unforgettable time in Bifengxia, drive back to Chengdu. Be free until your guide and driver transfer you to airport/train station to catch the flight or train to your next destination or back home. Service ends!
Please note: All guests must undergo a health exam before arrival at the base.
Bifengxia Panda Volunteer Certificate
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
I am looking back to an amazing holiday in Tibet. You are a big reason of that holiday for me. I appreciate your work and help very much.
- Adam - August 15, 2019‚ ,
You were very fast and very accurate.
The service of the driver was fine. We were not aware that the park was so far. In fact, for European people fairy mountains are not so surprising as we have already seen this type of landscape. We could see only the three natural bridges that are so gorgeous !
The cruise was good and was quite as promised. People on board were very careful with us.
I would absolutely like to recommend our company?
- Michel - August 14, 2019‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!