4 Days Chengdu Tour with Sanxingdui Museum
Chengdu / Sanxingdui / Chengdu
- Sanxingdui Museum
- Chengdu Panda Base
- Renmin Park
- Wenshu Monastery
- Jinli Old Street
- Dufu Thatched Cottage
- Spend some happy hours with the cute giant pandas;
- Experience the leisure city life of Chengdu;
- Explore the ancient Shu culture.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Chengdu Arrival
Ni Hao! Welcome to Chengdu, the Hometown of Giant Pandas! You’ll be met by our local guide at the arrival hall of Chengdu airport / train station and escorted to your hotel in downtown area by a private, comfortable and non-smoking vehicle. The rest of today is on your own to explore this leisure city.
Optional activity: Enjoy the typical Sichuan cuisine (like Hot Pot) for dinner in a local restaurant.
Sichuan Local Cuisine - Hotpot
Day 2 Chengdu (B)
After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. Today, you’ll pay a visit to Dufu Thatched Cottage, a park as well as a museum in honor of the famous poet - Du Fu who was the greatest realist poet in Tang Dynasty (618-907AD) and has been famed as the Sage of Poetry. Wander in the peaceful park and explore Gongbu Memorial Hall, the Thatched Cottage of Du Fu, the Hall of Great Poets, Ruins of Tang Dynasty, Flowery Path etc.
After the visit, get to the largest and best-preserved Buddhist monastery - Wenshu Monastery located in bustling downtown Chengdu. Walking in the quiet spiritual temple, you’ll marvel at the exquisite Buddhist architectures and precious Buddhist statues, scriptures and relics.
Later, pay a visit to Renmin Park to truly feel the essence of leisurely pace and lifestyle of Chengdu. Sit down, order a pot of fragrant Chinese tea, have a casual chat with your friends in a-hundred-year-old teahouse, watch local indulging themselves in different kinds of folk activities, like napping, enjoy special ear cleaning, playing Mahjong, dancing and doing water calligraphy! Next will be an impressive trip to the famous Jinli Old Street, a lively paradise full of delicious local snacks, delicate artifacts, interesting folk shows and other activities. Time will steal away as you explore along the old streets!
Optional activity: In this evening, watch Sichuan Opera and be entertained by Sichuan performing arts using stick puppets, face masks, fire spitting, rolling lights, folk music, acrobatic and dance in Shufeng Yayun Teahouse (usually performs during 20:00~21:30).
Enjoy some leisure moment in Renmin Park
Dufu Thatched Cottage
Explore Three Kingdom Culture in Jinli Old Street
Day 3 Chengdu Panda Base - Sanxingdui Museum (B)
After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. First, drive about 15km to Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding (simply Chengdu Panda Base). This base is not only the most important panda scientific research center in the world, but also the home for more than 100 Giant Pandas. Walk through the verdant bamboo-framed path, gain fascinating insight into the progression of baby pandas to young adult pandas to adult pandas, and admire the delicate newborns in a special infant panda area. Continue to enrich your memory to observe the adolescent pandas between the age of one and five eating bamboos, playing with each other, tumbling and climbing trees. Listen to the importance of this vital maturity period and capture photographs of these enchanting and endangered creatures as they relax in their natural environment.
After the memorable panda trip, drive about 36 kilometers to Sanxingdui Museum (Three-star Piles Museum). The finding of Sanxingdui Site shows that the brilliant Sanxingdui civilization is both one of the greatest archaeological discoveries in 20th century and the “Origin of Yangtze Civilization”. Entering into this museum, you’ll fully explore the ancient Shu Kingdom culture as well as appreciate the historical relics such as pottery, jade, bronze, gold, stone, ivory, seashells, etc. During the trip, you’ll uncover some of the mysteries of Ancient Shu Kingdom.
After the tour, drive back to Chengdu City.
See National Treasures in Chengdu Giant Panda Base
Day 4 Chengdu Departure (B)
Today your guide will pick you up from the hotel to the airport in time for the scheduled flight to your next destination. Before that, you can take a rest at the hotel or go for a walk nearby.
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 2 more days to enjoy the fairyland on earth - Jiuzhaigou
Both Huanglong National Park and Jiuzhaigou National Park were listed as Natural World Heritage Sites for the superb landscape. Take two days that you can fully immerse yourself in the Fairyland on Earth to appreciate travertine lakes, green and purplish pools, waterfalls, forests and mountain scenery.
+ 4~5 more days to cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
Taking a relaxing cruise sailing on the Yangtze River is a popular way to get a short break during your China tour. You’ll not only enjoy many colorful cultural activities and entertainment programs onboard, but also enjoy three to four shore excursions to deeply know the authentic life along Three Gorges and witness the world-famous Three Gorges Dam.
You can take: 1) 4 Days & 3 Night Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang; 2) 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
I am back in Australia after my Sanctuary Yangtse Explorer cruise with my sister-in-law from England.
All the arrangements went very smoothly, many thanks, and we very much enjoyed our cruise.
I was particularly impressed with the guides on our various tours, especially the young lady in Xiling, who struggled with her English, (so much better than my Chinese!) but had the courage to continue, and put all her effort into giving us a genuine insight into her city. She, and the other young ladies, were lovely. We had many helpful experiences from people during our brief time in China, which is much appreciated when trying to learn a new country.
If I plan another tour in China in future, I will be in contact again,
- Naomi - September 9, 2019‚ ,
Thanks for your note !
I was very pleased with your services. You provided everything you said you would and that made the cruise most enjoyable for me because I did not have to worry. I even had good aisle seats on the planes.
I told the summer school program that I would be interested in teaching again in the future. So there is a possibility I might come back. I would certainly consider your company to see something else in China!
Thanks for caring,
- Jessica - September 6, 2019‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to email@example.com with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!