8 Days Luxury Yangtze River Cruise from Chongqing to Jiujiang 2022
- Yangtze River Area Stories Hearing with Splendors from only $3313
The rolling Yangtze River flowing east finally to the China East Sea never loses its age-old historical records and brilliant culture traces since thousands of years ago. Besides metropolis Shanghai, there are abundant beautiful and interesting destinations large and small worthy your exploration at least once in your life. Among all places beteen Chongqing and Shanghai, Jiujiang in Jiangxi Province is a appealing ancient city of over 2,200 years old with great nature and culture resources. In 2022, the super deluxe Yangtze Explorer under the high-end Sanctuary Retreats focusing deluxe and relaxing vacation provides the 8 days Yangtze River cruise from Chongqing to Jiujiang. And it will take you please your eyes and mind with the glorious landscape, literal and artistic culture, different history and authentic hidden life during the past centuries, passing Chongqing, Three Gorges region, Three Gorges Dam, Yichang, Jingzhou, Yueyang, Wuhan before arriving in Jiujiang. Let’s glimpse at what to expect during the vacation and on the cruise at below! Book early to enjoy more discount!
Chongqing to Jiujiang Yangtze Cruise - Dialogue with Remained Treasures in 8 Days
① Super value all-inclusive cruise package: enjoy a quite valuable sailing vacation with everything included in the quotation from US$3313 per person, including rooms of super 5-star hotel standard, three meals per day with plentiful types of delicious food & drinks, 24-hour caring service around the cruise, all attractions visiting, tour guides, etc., which needs only about US$414 per day for each one.
② Meet the real diverse and aged China: relaxing and rich cruise vacation to soak in best natural views, culture, art, history and life pace of thriving cities and hidden villages along the 1,530 kilometers long route from the southeast, central and east part of China.
③ Hear poetic song of authentic culture and history of the Yangtze River: Have a in-depth exploration of the more authentic folk culture and historical events of ancient Jiujiang, long prosperous Wuhan, important Jingzhou, literal Yueyang and other wonderful places during the past over 2,000 years. And Immerse yourself into the soft and exquisite artistic and literal charm with rare visits to poetic old countryside, famous towers, etc.
④ All-around exploration of Three Gorges beauty: travel along the picturesque sightseeing gallery of the well-known and gorgeous Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge and hike up to the fine mountaintop to have a terrific bird’s eye view of the grand spectacle.
⑤ Three Kingdoms period stories: Enrich your knowledge about the terrains, historical stories, literal flavors, heroes’ ambition, etc. during the domestically famous Three Kingdoms period by walking to the real sites and excellent museums, ancient walls, etc. in Wuhan, Jingzhou, etc.
⑥ Totally relaxing travel: Quite relaxing trip to experience a lot of highlights without worrying pack in or pack up frequently.
⑦ Close visit to 8 destinations: enjoy fantastic visits to 3 provinces ( Jiangxi, Hubei and Hunan), including 8 cities (Chongqing, Fuling, Wushan, Yichang, Jingzhou, Yueyang, Wuhan, Jiujiang). All bests in 8 days.
Chongqing to Jiujiang Yangtze Cruise Highlights
Luxury Leisure Vacation with Yangtze Explorer - Yangtze Only Super 5-star Cruise Ship
Yangtze Explorer under the management of global well-known luxury travel brand - Sanctuary Retreats is the best super 5-star cruise ship superior with the most spacious stand cabins of 31 s.q.m. wide and all exquisite roomy dining rooms, public entertainment space, sightseeing sundeck, etc. for your high expectation of a real deluxe vacation by a cruise. Furthermore, Yangtze Explorer is featured with its praised one-on-one VIP service, catering your seeking and needs of the first-chop service matching your noble status. You can check more ship facilities, cabins, deckplans, food & drinks, onboard service, entertainment, reviews, etc. and more photos of Yangtze Explorer!
A surprising flavors tour with a rich range of Chinese & Western gourmet prepared by the team of internationally trained chefs.
Detailed Sailing Schedules at below:
Detailed Itinerary for 8-day Chongqing to Jiujiang Cruise
All the Yangtze River cruises sailing from Chongqing to Jiujiang by Yangtze Explorer will take 8 days and 9 nights along the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River. The first day is the embarkation day that travelers from other places should transfer to Chongqing, and the cruise company will arrange transportation escorting you from the airport / train station to Chongqing Chaotianmen Port for embarkation. You will enjoy full days from the second day to seventh day to enjoy the natural, cultural, historical, economical and food highlights all the way passing various parts of Chongqing, Yichang, Jingzhou, Yueyang and Wuhan, including visits to Three Gorges, Three Gorges Dam, etc. On the morning of the eighth day, you will arrive in Jiujiang City and the cruise will dock at Jiujiang Port for your disembarkation. The cruise company will arrange buses to your airport or train station in Jiujiang, and then you will leave for the next destination or hom. Check the following cruise itinerary from Chongqing to Jiujiang to have a general idea about what to expect during such in-depth Yangtze river vacation!
Map of Chongqing Jiujiang Cruise Route
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Chongqing Arrival & Embarkation (D)Embark the cruise at Chaotianmen Port at 16:00-20:30; Captain’s Welcome Party
Welcome to Chongqing, the City of Mountain. Chongqing is China’s fourth municipality after Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin, attracting visitors from home and aboard for its delicious food, cultural heritage, tourist attractions, unbelievable mountain landform... Located at the confluence of Yangtze River and Jialing River, it is best to appreciate the view of the city center. Take the tourist bus arranged by Yangtze Explorer from Chongqing airport / railway station / your hotel in Chongqing downtown to Chaotianmen Dock and board the ship at 16:00-20:30. Come to the sundeck to enjoy the terrific night view of Chongqing, which is reputed as the “little Hong Kong”. Depart from Chongqing at around 21:30.
Chongqing Chaotianmen Dock
Chongqing Chaotianmen Port for Yangtze Cruise
Day 2 Fuling (B, L, D)A shore excursion to 816 Nuclear Military Plant ( OR Baihe Underwater Museum) + Feng Yan San Guo Show night performance
In the morning, you will take a shore excursion to 816 Nuclear Military Plant or Baihe Underwater Museum.
816 Nuclear Military Plant strikes the world not only because it’s the world largest artificial cave, but also for its unveiled structure of the real nuclear plant (radiationless for no manufacture happened). You would meet the tens of kilometers long cave, multiple paths inside and a lot of unbelievable parts in the 816 Underground Project. As in the list of 20th century’s architectural heritages in China, this plant is really great for visiting, education and knowledge enrichment.
Baiheliang Underwater Museum or called White Crane Ridge Underwater Museum is the precious archeological site in Fuling District, Chongqing Municipality. 1600 meters long and 15 meters wide averagely, this natural stone ridge recorded and witnessed the water level changes of over 1200 years. Carving fishes as the water gauge on the ridge, it is the only place using such great method in the whole world.
At night, you will enjoy Feng Yan San Guo Show night performance, which is the marvelous large-scale real landscape show about the brilliant historical culture of the Three Kingdoms Period about over 1,800 year ago and the spirit of loyalty of great military officer Guan Yu.
Three Kingdoms Open Air Show
Fuling 816 Nuclear Military Plant
Day 3 Wushan (B, L, D)A shore excursion to Shennv Heaven Path + Sail through Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge & Xiling Gorge + Sail through the Five-stages Ship Locks
You will first sail through Qutang Gorge at the western section, an narrow and dramatic art gallery of nature offering superb magnificent scenery for all guests.
Take a shore excursion to Shennv Heaven Path with an average altitude of about 1,200 meters. It is advantageous to overlook the belt-like emerald Yangtze and verdant flowery gorge mountains, especially for the autumn and winter red leaves.
Then, sail through Wu Gorge - the middle one gorge. It is a mysterious gorge site well-known for its frequently rising and passing mists, which is extremely beautiful and gorgeous with the leaves in red, yellow, golden and orange during autumn.
At night,the cruise will pass through Three Gorges Dam Five Stages Ship Locks, which is so far the largest ship locks globally. With a water height difference of 113 meters in total, it is the most complicated ship locks to construct universally.
Wushan Shennv Heaven Path in Chongqing
Xiling Gorge with Mists
Three Gorges Dam with Ship Locks
Magnificent Qutang Gorge
Breathtaking Wu Gorge Scenery
Day 4 Yichang (B, L, D)A shore excursion to Tribe of Three Gorges (OR Interception Memorial Garden)
Today, you will have two options for a shore excursion, Tribe of Three Gorges or Interception Memorial Garden.
Tribe of Three Gorges is one of the best complimented scenic spots by foreign cruise visitors and is superb to get close to the particularly tranquil, primitive and nice sightseeing of villages on water, on mountain and off brook with fine exploration of interesting folk custom of Tujia minority people.
Interception Memorial Park is composed by performances square, display halls, slide shows and more scenic sites. Facing the dam and mountains behind, Memorial Park is the best place to taking photos with the dam, which can’t miss out.
After your lunch in Yichang City, get back to your cruise and countinue your relaxing trip.
Tribe of Tribe of Three Gorges
Day 5 Jingzhou (B, L D)Shore excursions to Jingzhou Ancient City Wall and Jingzhou Museum
As your cruise arrive in Jingzhou in the afternoon, take a shore excursion to Jingzhou Ancient City Wall and Jingzhou Museum.
Jingzhou Ancient City Wall, is one of the best preserved and larges scaled city wall in southern part in China. It is historic from the Warring States period. Visit this ancient site to admire its look kept from the Qing dynasty and understand the history of Jingzhou being the famous place in the past dynasties.
Jingzhou Museum is one of the top National First Class Museums in China with over 130 thousand pieces of historical cultural relics. Admire the top best silk and colorful lacquer exhibitions from the Warring States period, well preserved swords of famous ancient kings. Besides, it boasts the best preserved and most historic ancient male corpse buried in 167BC from the Western Han dynasty.
Jingzhou Ancient City Wall
Day 6 Yueyang (B, L, D)Shore excursions to Yueyang Tower & Bianhe Street (OR Zhang Guying Village)
As your cruise arrive in Yueyang in the afternoon, you can take excursions to Yueyang Tower and Bianhe Street, or visit Zhangguying Village instead.
Yueyang Tower is one of the ten famous historical and cultural towers in China which is well-known for over 1,000 thousand years since the classic Chinese poem. Besides the outstanding construction skills and abundant poem and calligraphic displays, you can get on the tower to admire the great sightseeing of Dongting Lake.
Bianhe Street is a 300-meter long antique street with elegant and ancient charm and is great to savor the ancient styled architectures with mixed culture of Yueyang Tower, Dongting Lake and the famous Yueyang City.
Zhangguying Village of more than 500 years old since the moving in of Zhang Guyang who was a master of Fengshui is praised as “Forbidden City for Folks”, where preserves quite complete ancient village houses, stream and paths and keeps almost the original look hundreds of years ago for a pleasant admiration.
Yueyang Zhangguying Village
Yueyang Bianhe Street
Day 7 Wuhan / Huanggang (B, L, D)Shore excursions to Yellow Crane Tower & Hubei Provincial Museum & local flavored lunch in Wuhan (OR Red Cliff, local flavored lunch at Meizhou Dongpo Restaurant in Huanggang) + Drama on Zhiyinhao Ship
Today, you get two choices for a whole day's excursion, Wuhan or Huanggang.
Yellow Crane Tower from 223 AD is the symbol of Wuhan and is one of the Three Famous Towers in Regions South of the Yangtze River. The antique designs, flying eaves, and rich left charm is great to soak in the literal culture in the historically well-known Chinese poem.
Hubei Provincial Museum, one of the 8 national class museums in China, displays nearly 1,000 pieces of state-level historic and cultural relics. It currently holds over 240 thousand objects to logistically introduce the history and culture of the ancient Chu State and the ancient Yangtze River, among which the most astonishing are the objects excavated from the Zenghouyi Tomb which was built about 2,400 years ago.
Red Cliff is the very site of the historical famous war - Battle of the Red Cliff in 208 AD and contains the original battleground more relative poems and ancient buildings for a clear understanding of the influential place in Chinese history and literary.
At night, you board Zhiyinhao Ship, which provides the multi-dimensional drama to show the typical look of the old Wuhan and the port life during 1920s ~ 1930s with great stories.
Ref Cliff in Huanggang, Hubei
Live Performance on Zhiyinhao Cruise in Wuhan
Precious Chimes at Hubei Provincial Museum
Yellow Crane Tower
Day 8 Jiujiang DisembarkationDisbarkation in Jiujiang and Departure
Disembark the ship at 09:00 in Jiujiang. The entire Chongqing to Jiujiang cruise ends! Take the tourist bus arranged by Yangtze Explorer to the airport / railway station for your next destination or home.
- Accommodation: one single bed in the Deluxe Suite (31.00 m2), based on two persons sharing one room;
- Meals onboard and on land as specified in the itinerary;
- Transportation: pick-up and drop-off service for embarkation and disembarkation in Jiujiang and Chongqing, while sightseeing in each shore excursion visit;
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and the cruise;
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary;
- Guide introduction service during each shore excursion listed in the itinerary;
- High staff-to-guest ratio ensures personalized service;
- Elegant casual ambience & enrichment programmes;
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
(The price will be a little lower if you pay in Chinese Yuan (RMB!)
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary;
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received;
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary;
- Meals not listed in the itinerary (breakfast and lunch on Day 1; lunch and dinner on Day 11);
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.;
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.;
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to email@example.com with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!
No documents found.
1. The above information including itinerary, attractions, and shore excursions, is not fixed and will be changed slightly because of the differences in ships, seasons, water levels, and weather condition.
2. Included meals as noted in above itinerary: (B) = Breakfast; (L) = Lunch; (D) = Dinner.
3. Get to / away from Chongqing: Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport has frequent flights to majority domestic places in China and some direct flights to Seoul, Tokyo, Nagoya, Bangkok, etc. Besides, Chongqing North Railway Station, Chongqing West Railway Station and Chongqing Shapingba Railway Station has high speed trains to / from Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Guilin, Kunming, Guangzhou, etc.
4. Get to / away from Jiujiang: Jiujiang has a few flights to / from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Xiamen, etc. And there are high speed trains with Beijing, Xiamen, Wuhan, Nanchang, Shenzhen, Fuzhou, Hangzhou, Zhengzhou, etc.
5. What to Wear for Yangtze River Cruise: wear casual seasonal wears like coats, T-shirts, light knitwear, jeans, etc. in spring and autumn, shorts, light jackets, T-shirts, skirts, sunglasses, sun hat, sunblock, etc. in summer and jackets, warm pants, sweaters, gloves, scarves, etc. in winter.
6 What to Pack: Travel documents, “Carry On” luggage, confirmation letter, casual clothes to pack, daily commodities, credit cards, cash, mobile phone, cameras, as well as any essential medicines, etc.
Complimentary Services & Gifts for Yangtze Explorer Cruise Visitors
Travelers booking the special Chongqing Jiujiang cruise will enjoy abundant special complimentary servicesa and gifts for a wonderful superior travel experience.Booking the Deluxe Suite (31㎡)
People booking the Deluxe Suite of Yangtze Explorer would enjoy following services for free:
- Cruise butler service;
- Welcome fruit on the embarkation day and complimentary use of the soft MINI bar on the embarkation day;
- Specially prepared FIJI water in the room;
- Complimentary tea and snack all day;
- Delicate cuisines and drinkings from the dinner on the embarkation day to the breakfast on the disembarkation day;
- Appointed wines and drinkings during dining onboard, and unlimited bottled water for shore excursions;
- Executive guide introduction service for cruise and shore excursions;
- Experts sharing of cruise and attractions;
- Shuttle bus, scenic transfer and rope way in the scenic spots;
- Selected famous performance onland and cruise visiting demonstrated in the itinerary;
- Complimentary laundry services (total 6 pieces per suite);
- Concierge service for embarkation and disembarkation port cities
- Worry-free luggage service during whole sailing;
People booking the Executive Suite of Yangtze Explorer would enjoy following services for free (including all services for Deluxe Suite):
- Great Location on the upper decks of Xiling Deck (3rd Floor), Wu Deck (4th Floor) and Qutang Deck (5th Floor);
- Welcome Chinese tea on the embarkation day;
- Coffee, tea and snacks at the Executive Lounge;
- Mini Bar supplement every day;
- One bottle of wine (imported) in the suite;
- Complimentary red and white wine of appointed brands for dinner;
- Complimentary laundry services (total 16 pieces per suite);
- Turn down service and surprising gifts;
- Private cruise drinking party.
People booking the Jade Suite, Mandarin Suite, Celestial Suite or Imperial Suite of Yangtze Explorer would enjoy following services for free (including all services for Deluxe Suite and Executive Suites):
- Great Location on the upper decks of Xiling Deck (3rd Floor), Wu Deck (4th Floor) and Qutang Deck (5th Floor);
- Flight ticket of business class or high speed train ticket of business class from your departure city to ship embarkation city and ship disembarkation city back to your departure city;
- Room service with customized menu for once;
- One Bird cage afternoon tea in suite;
- Service of one butler and one vehicle for one room from and to the port of landing;
- Complimentary fruit basket daily;
- One bottle of specially supplied sparkling wine;
- Room service;
- Dyson hair dryer in the room;
- Unlimited laundry (water cleaning) and shoe shine service.
Interested in the cruise? Select from the following cruise dates and make an inquiry to start your trip planning & cruise vacation!