Century Cruises: Cruise Yangtze River in Luxury & Comfort
New Century Cruises is now leading in luxurious river cruising on the Yangtze River. It was praised as “the Most Dynamic Cruise Company on Yangtze River” by New York Times and received MAGELLAN AWARDS from Travel Weekly in 2014.
Century Paragon and Century Legend, the newest and most luxurious vessels on the Yangtze, were designed by European naval architecture firm Yran & Storbratten, which has worked with Disney Cruises, Seabourn, Holland America, Viking River Cruises. To make travelers live in the most comfortable way, Century Cruises has large, spacious and environmentally-friendly cabins with "green" technology which lowers engine emissions and the extensive use of high-tech compound panels for interior decoration and furniture. It also has proceeded technological innovations - “the first integrated E-Propulsion and Rudder Propeller System on the Yangtze”, substantially reducing vibration and noise and significantly increasing the ship's maneuvering capabilities.
With Century Cruises, you’ll experience the highest level of service in every detail to make your cruise in comfort and style. Sail now!
Top Century Cruise Ships
|Ship Name||Price of 2017||Itinerary||Year of Built||Decks||Elevators||Capacity||Cabins|
- Cruise Calendar
- Fleet Comparison
- Booking & Boarding Tips
- Life onboard
New Century Cruises Calendar in 2017
Ramark: CQ=Chongqing; YC=Yichang; WH=Wuhan
Century Cruises Itinerary
Century Cruises is always elaborately as well as innovatively designed its itineraries with all-year round departures to satisfy its travelers sailing on Yangtze River in comfort and style. In 2017, all of Century ships run between Chongqing and Yichang that travelers can choose 4 Days & 3 Nights downstream itinerary from Chongqing to Yichang or 5 Days & 4 Nights upstream itinerary from Yichang to Chongqing.
During the short break, travelers on Century Cruises can not only enjoy the gorgeous scenery of Three Gorges, but also enjoy kinds of shore excursions to the natural and cultural sites which gives you great opportunity to deeply explore the world-famous project, local people’s real life, Chinese architecture, history and culture along Yangtze River.
Century Cruises Chongqing - Yichang Itinerary & Shore Excursions
4 Days & 3 Nights, Downstream
5 Days & 4 Nights, Upstream
|Arranged Shore Excursions||Shibaozhai Pagoda,
Three Gorges Dam Site
|Three Gorges Dam Site,
|Optional Excursion with Extra Fee||Fengdu Ghost City,
White Emperor City
|Tribe of the Three Gorges,
White Emperor City,
|Cruise Ships||Century Paragon (5-star), Century Legend (5-star), Century Sun (5-star), and Century Sky (5-star).|
• Please note that the shore excursions are subject to change due to weather, river conditions and permission from the navigational authorities. The cruise company will arrange the same fabulous sightseeing if the prearranged sites cannot be visited in a particular case.
• The OPTIONAL shore excursion needs extra charge and you have the final say whether you take it or not.
• Choose the ship to see the SAMPLE cruise itinerary.
Compare the Ships
All ships of Century Cruises offer you a luxury 5-star cruising experience, as each cabin onboard is outside with private balcony and each ship is equipped with sightseeing elevators. Besides the same standard high level services, there are also some differences about the hardware of each ship.
To help you find the best Century cruise ship, we’ve listed the features of all the Century Cruises in the table below, so you can compare them at a glance.
||Western & Chinese Buffet at 3 meals a day||The 2013 Newest Century Cruises ship, offers top deluxe cruise experiences||$495-$632 Enquiry|
||Western & Chinese Buffet at 3 meals a day||Sister ship of Century Paragon||$495-$632Enquiry|
||Western & Chinese Buffet at 3 meals a day||Luxury Cruise with a Grand Atrium Lobby||$409-$515Enquiry|
||Western & Chinese Buffet at 3 meals a day||A luxury revolving five-story open-air lobby||$409-$515Enquiry|
Century Cruises Booking Tips
Please Provide Complete Information for Booking
When booking a Century cruise ship, please provide us the complete information including your and your group members’ name, nationality (if you have two nationalities, please show us the nationality used for entry visa), gender, passport number, date of birth, your favorite cabin and amount of cabins, and other personal requirements.
Valid Documents & Real-name Registration
When booking the Century cruise ships with us, please provide us the correct passport info, like your name and passport number. Real-name registration is needed when booking the cruise. If there is any change for your passport, please contact us and provide us the latest personal info that we should deliver to the cruise company once you changed.
What’s Include & Exclude in Century Cruise Fee
The following items are included in your cruise fare and there is no need to pay when you board a Century cruise ship.
- Entrance Fees: The arranged shore excursions listed in the itinerary of your cruise ship. Arranged downstream and upstream shore excursions include Shibaozhai Pagoda, Shennv Stream and Three Gorges Dam Site.
- Meals: The daily meals (specified with “B”, “L” or “D”) on your cruise ship.
- Cabins: A bed in the cabin as specified in the itinerary. You could enjoy your room during daytime and night. Usually,
Chongqing to Yichang for 3 nights onboard;
Yichang to Chongqing for 4 nights onboard;
- Activities & Lectures: Captain Welcome Party, cabaret shows, fashion shows, Chinese Yangtze culture and history lectures, Captain Farewell party;
- Cleaning:room cleaning service every day;
- Local guides for the arranged shore excursions;
- Accident Injury Insurance;
- Service Charge & Government Taxes.
The following items are excluded in the Century cruise fare. If you want to enjoy the services, you need to pay extra fees accordingly.
- Transfers: Transportation between Chongqing Jiangbei Airport / Chongqing North Railway Station and Chongqing Chaotianmen Port; also between Yichang Sanxia Airport / Yichang East Railway Station and Taohuacun Port.
- Optional Shore Excursions: Fengdu Ghost City, White Emperor City, Tribe of Three Gorges and Quyuan Birthplace need extra charge. Each is for 290 RMB/person, except Quyuan Birthplace for 220 RMB/person.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, clinic service, faxes, telephone calls, spa, salon, shopping, Internet, DVDs, etc.
- Meals: Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L", or "D".
- Single Room Supplement: If you want to stay in one cabin (usually two beds in one cabin) on your own, you need to pay higher than one room shared with another.
- Tip: There is a mandatory service tip required to be paid when checking in the cruise, you can pay at the ship reception counter. You can decide to pay or not for volunteer tips to river guide, cruise director and staff onboard.
Century Cruises Boarding Tips
Call the Ship or Check Email ahead
In normal circumstances, no matter you take downstream or upstream Century Cruises, you usually embark your ships at Chongqing Chaotianmen Port / Yichang Taohuacun Port. Check the exact ship for detailed boarding time. Also, the boarding port may do some adjustment for special events, like weather condition, level of water, river navigational conditions, annual maintenance of the Three Gorges Dam ship locks, etc.
To make everything go smoothly, please call the ship (the phone number we’ll show you clearly in the Confirmation Letter) one day ahead or at least in the morning on the boarding day. Or, you can also check your mailbox on the boarding day or one day before for the updated boarding information our travel consultant delivered. Please make sure your phone can be called through in China, so that we can also call you if there is any urgent change.
Find the Exact Pier in Chongqing & Yichang
Chongqing Chaotianmen Port is the general pier name and it is consisted of 13 sub-piers. While, Yichang Taohuacun Port is about 37 kilometers away from Yichang Sanxia Airport (takes about 40 minutes to 1 hour’s drive) and 20 kilometers from Yichang East Railway Station (takes about 40 minutes).
For the boarding piers is not so easy to get to, you’d better use our worry free private transfer service. The local guide or driver will take you to the correct cruise pier from the airport / train stations, etc.
Board your Ship at the scheduled Time
Please plan your transportation ahead and board your ship at schedule time. If there is any trouble for your flights, train or local transportation to the port causing you arrive at the port late, please contact us at first time and we’ll try our best to help you solve the problem.
Collect Cruise Ticket at the Pier
Travelers will collect the cruise ticket with your real-name info signed at the corresponding port in Chongqing / Yichang, make sure your passport and ticket with consistent information, and get security check before board the ship for checking-in.
Please kindly note that if you do not book private transfer with us and need to hire the local porters to carry your luggage in either Chongqing or Yichang Port to your ship, please discuss the price with the porter beforehand. It usually charges according to the number of your luggage.
For more Century Cruises booking and boarding questions, please feel free to contact our professional cruise agents who are here ready to help you at any time!
First Class Facilities
- The FIRST on Yangtze River: The only fleet with Grand Atrium Lobby with six or seven decks;
- The FIRST on Yangtze River: The largest indoor constant-temperature Swimming Pool (244 m²);
- The FIRST on Yangtze River: The largest multi-functional cinema which can hold 150 people at the same time; the cinema also can use for international simultaneous interpretation;
- The FIRST on Yangtze River: All of the cabins have private sightseeing balconies;
- The FIRST on Yangtze River: Advanced purified water system makes drinkable water to every cabin that travelers can enjoy tap water on Century Paragon and Century Legend;
- The FIRST on Yangtze River: Largest per capita public area and the largest sightseeing sundeck;
- The FIRST on Yangtze River: Two sightseeing elevators;
- The FIRST on Yangtze River: Travelers enjoy the largest space for the average size of each cabin;
- The FIRST on Yangtze River: The fleet with a sundeck bar or an a la carte restaurant with panoramic views;
Cuisine & Drinking
Cuisine on New Century Cruises highly praised dining experience is reflective of China’s ever-enriching culinary landscape, with a fusion of western dishes. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all western and Chinese buffets, all served in the single-seating capacious restaurants, with marvelous picture windows, which invite the dramatic scenery of the Yangtze River indoors. The famous Chinese chef Martin Yang designed the menu making it best suit for European travelers’ appetite as well as Asia travelers’ flavor.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on every Century ship are all western and Chinese buffets (except for the Captain’s Farewell Banquet). The dining of each meal will be very hearty, palatable and healthy.
- Early bird treatment: Early risers can enjoy complimentary early bird coffee and tea in the Sundeck Bar after a fresh walk on the sundeck (usually at 06:30~07:00).
- Special dietary requirements, such as diabetic or vegetarian, are accepted onboard, but need to be advised in advance at time of booking with us or you can tell the front desk when checking in.
- The scheduled time listed for each Century ship is for reference and it may do some adjustment based on the real situation. You can have a clear idea about the daily schedule in the elevator, through TV channel or by listening to the broadcast.
- Advanced purified water system with purified water to cabins on Century Paragon and Century Legend. Also, drinkable water is offered through the room thermos and bottled water (1 bottle per person per day).
- Each Century ship has a sundeck bar offering offers drinks, beverage, wines for travelers from morning till night.
- The legal drinking age on New Century Cruises ships is 18 years old.
Enjoy memorable time in the large, green, comfortable and quiet cabins and suites with every Century cruise ship!
The newest Century Paragon and Century Legend have four types of cabins onboard including Deluxe Cabins, Junior Suites, Executive Suites and Presidential Suites. While, Century Sun and Century Sky has three types of cabins that travelers can choose among Deluxe Cabins, Junior Suites and Deluxe Suites.
Besides the cozy beds in each cabin, the other facilities usually include table, chairs, sofa, broadcast, refrigerator, television, telephone, guide to using the telephone, ball-point pen, note, private bathrooms, bathtub, shower, shower cap, towels, soap, cups, comb, shampoo, shower gel, toilet paper, slipper, clothesline, clothes hanger, thermos, bottled water, coffee bags, coffee-mate, white sugar, brown sugar, safe box, hair dryer, life jacket, laundry bag and so on.
- The size of deluxe cabins of all the Century ships are above 26m² with private balconies. The presidential suites are as large as 106m² with 30m² sightseeing balconies.
- The twin single beds in deluxe cabins of each Century ship can be put together to a double larger bed. Also, it can add one bed in the deluxe cabins.
- Travelers live in Executive Suites or Presidential Suites can enjoy VIP service.
- If you need and can't find toothbrush and toothpaste in your cabin, please ask for the front desk.
Entertainment & Culture Programs
Entertainment & culture programs on every Century ship are very colorful and meaningful, including Yangtze River Briefing, Yangtze River History & Culture lectures, Exotic Night Life, Feature Films, Morning Taichi, Chinese Calligraphy, Mahjong, Chinese Folk Dance, Chinese Cooking Lessons and Flying kite, etc. Besides, travelers on Century Paragon and Century Legend can have lots of fun in mutifunctional-hall, KTV, gym, and swimming pool, etc.
SHOPPING - in the Century boutique is a wide variety of Chinese gifts and souvenirs for family, friends or personal collections, as well as useful sundries. Souvenirs are all from Yangtze destinations with oriental clothing, Century logo items, post cards and more.
New Century Cruises offer Massage rooms, Reading Room, and Beauty Salon on each ship, where you can totally relax yourself after a shore excursion or kill your time at afternoon. Sundeck, lounges and bars on board are good choices to meet new friends. Your kids can enjoy kinds of activities in the Children's Paradise.
There is a doctor and health clinic on each Century ship. Customary charges are in effect for medical care. And the doctor will take a lecture of traditional Chinese Medicine, telling you something about Chinese medicinal herb and acupuncture and moxibustion. You can do some exercises in the Fitness room on board, or join to play Taichi on the sundeck every morning.
International / local phone calls and faxes are available at the reception desk and the Business Center on all New Century Cruises ships. Each ship is also equipped with Internet access and an Internet cafe on board… All of these services are fee-based and you can sign these charges to your account and settle them at the end of the voyage.
Electricity: 220 volts throughout all ships; 110 volts in the bathroom; wattage may not be compatible with your hair dryer. Please DO NOT use personal equipment in your cabins. Video cameras, digital cameras and other electrical appliances can be recharged at the front desk.
To keep Western travelers in mind, Century Cruises has adopted European-management to serve every traveler in the friendly way. Used to be hired by Viking River Cruises - one of the top 10 river cruise lines in the world, Century Cruises takes care of its travelers in every detail once you board on the cruise. There is western cruise director and English-speaking guides on each ship, providing real-time interpretation about China and the Yangtze River for you. Every staff on New Century Cruise is trying their best to offering guests the most personalized and highest level of service.
Photos of Century Ships
Century ParagonPrice: $495-$6321
Tuesdays: Chongqing - Yichang
Fridays: Yichang - Chongqing
Century LegendPrice: $495-$6322
Saturdays: Chongqing - Yichang
Tuesdays: Yichang - Chongqing
Century SunPrice: $409-$5153
Fridays: Chongqing - Yichang
Mondays: Yichang - Chongqing
Century SkyPrice: $409-$515
Mondays: Chongqing - Yichang
Wednesdays: Yichang - Chongqing
Not easy to find the right cruise ship/itinerary for you? Please contact one of our Yangtze cruise specialists to save your time and money. Click the right button to send an online inquiry and we will get back to you within 0.5~23.5 hours.