Victoria Sophia, used to the only ship sailing between Chongqing and Shanghai, now runs popular itineraries between Chongqing and Yichang with stable departures in 2017. It is managed by American cruise company offering great service onboard.
2019 New Experience of Victoria Sophia:
1. New and Innovative Arrangement: offer new shore excursion to Jade Emperor Scenic Area to see the largest Jade Emperor in the world and know some Taoist culture.
2. Elaborate Open-air Cultural Show: take an optional experience to enjoy Three Kingdoms Open Air Show with Yangtze River as the background and magnificent Three Gorges as the stage to have a vivid understanding about Three Kingdoms’ culture.
- Chongqing - Yichang (4 days 3 nights)
- Yichang - Chongqing (5 days 4 nights)
Victoria Sophia Cruise Ship Reviews
Cruise Ship Rating: 9.0 out of of 10. Read the reviews from the Real Travelers on yangtze-river-cruises.com, cruisecritics.com, and tripadvisors.com below to better help your cruise plan.
The cruise was de best part of our trip and we enjoyed a lot. Landscape of three Gorges is one the most wonderful places we ever visited in our lives and Dam of Yangtze is amazing. All crew members were nice and guides on shore excursions provided us valuable information about everything we visited. They teached us few words and songs in Chinese and a lot knowledge about your traditions and way of living.
- ---- Cristina, Spain, May 25, 2018
We booked the Victoria Sophia Yangtze river cruise from Wuhan to Chongqing (6 days), which is a part of the Shanghai to Chongqing 9 day cruise. We independently visited Nanjing and other cities along the way instead of doing the extra 3 days on cruise. It was a good decision as the river scenery between Shanghai to Wuhan is minimal. We chose to board at Wuhan instead of Yichang because we wanted to see the first gorge and ride through the lock system at the dam.
The cruise itself was okay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and small, but functional. The food was a good mix of Chinese and western. There is sprite and coke for free at meals, all other is purchase. Each person gets one bottle of water a day. This is a basic cruise, but enjoyable if you make the most of it.
- ---- Suttonase, Sydney, Oct.28, 2018
We did the full trip on the Sophia - Shanghai to Chongqing - and enjoyed every minute. You need to be aware that river cruising cabins tend to be small and that the overall experience is not as spacious as that of ocean cruising and that 5 star boats on this river are not up to the top standard of European river cruises. We were pleased that we paid the executive supplement, but the food in the main restuarant was just as good as ours.
The staff are very attentive, charming and 'up for the job' over the 1.000 miles of the trip.
We were lucky with the weather, as we had clear days. Do make sure you avoid the rainy season as the river can be very fast flowing.
The tour director and river guide were vey good.
- ---- Reviewed by Porthmellyn, Sept. 25, 2018
Victoria Sophia offers travelers even more opportunities to discover China’s wonders as it sails along the world-famous Yangtze River. It goes to Huangshan. That was the highlight of trip as were lucky to have nice weather while we were there.
We had a very good river guide on board of the Sophia. Even the front desk staff was very helpful after the initial check-in process.
- ---- Reviewed by Anand, Sept. 5, 2018
What Our Customers Say about Yangtze River Cruise
Thank you for planning our trip so well.
I wanted to let you know that our first driver was really excellent. Because...
- By Ruth
October 11, 2021
- By Sofia
October 10, 2021
Hello Rita! We are enjoying the tour. Thanks for your arrangements!...
- By Brandon
October 8, 2021
Schedule of Victoria Sophia
- The above price range is based on a standard cabin for twin sharing.
- The prices are valid by Dec.31 of the year.
- Please enquiry for the exact price according to your nationality, cruising time and cruising route.
- Please quote us for the price may change during China's Golden Week (the first week of October) and Spring Festival.
- Limited winter schedules may be adjusted into other dates, cruise ships, etc. based on the arrangement of the cruise company.