2 Days Classic Chongqing Tour with Mount Jinfo
Chongqing / Mount Jinfo / Chongqing
- Three Gorges Museum
- Ciqikou Old Town
- Chongqing Zoo
- Mount Jinfo
- Hongya Cave
- Yangtze River Cableway
- Immerse yourselves in Karst landscape and kingdom of natural plants in Mount Jinfo;
- Have close contact with the lolvey Giant Pandas in Chongqing Zoo;
- Have a panoramic view of Mountain City leisurely and absorb some history and culture.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Chongqing - Mount Jinfo - Chongqing (L)
On this day, your guide and driver will pick you up at hotel, airport or train station. Then, you’ll be driven to Mount Jinfo, about 105 kilometers from Chongqing downtown which needs 2 hours.
Mount Jinfo was listed as a part of “South China Karst”, a UNESCO World Heritage Site for the diversity of karst features and landscape. With the highest altitude of 2238 meters, Mount Jinfo is reputed as “Museum of Natural Plants”, enjoying forest coverage of 95%. When sunshine falls on the mountain, it looks like a giant Buddha shinning with boundless golden radiance, hence Mount Jinfo is literally called “Golden Buddha Mountain”.
You’ll explore from the Western Slope to the Northern Slope. Along the way, wander through 3.5-kilometer secluded Azure Stream Valley; take the 15-minute cableway up to the mountain for a panoramic view of the majestic mountain; explore the vivid Golden Turtle Facing Sun Platform, Jinfo Cave, Azalea King Tree; challenge yourself by walking through Steep Cliff Plank Road; get into the Ancient Buddha Cave with about 500 Arhat Buddha which is also the best location to appreciate sea of clouds…moreover, stone forest, waterfalls, valleys, rare and endangered plants and animal species are surrounded you everywhere. After the tour, drive back to Chongqing downtown.
Please Note: (a) Instead of walking, you can take sightseeing bus to save energy in the scenic area. (b) In spring, you can enjoy azalea flowers in blossom and in winter, you can enjoy different kinds of skiing in Qianniuping Ski Resort.
Ancient Buddha Cave on Mount Jinfo
Overlook Beautiful Scenery of Mount Jinfo by Taking Cableway
Day 2 Chongqing & Chongqing Departure (B, L)
After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. First drive to Chongqing Zoo which has more than 240 species of animals and over 4,200 in total. In the Panda House, you can have a memorable time and close contact with the lovely giant pandas and red pandas. Besides, you can see the rare South China tiger and white tiger, the Asian elephant and more animals.
Next will be an interesting visit to the thousand-year-old Ciqikou Ancient Town, a famous business harbor in ancient time. Reputed as “Little Chongqing”, Ciqikou is a heaven-like place where you can leisurely wander along the bustling old streets with Ming and Qing architectures standing by, visit the featured shops, taste delicate local snacks, or enjoy a cup of at the old teahouse.
Later drive about 13km from Ciqikou to Three Gorges Museum which sits opposite to People’s Assembly Hall. Entering into this large and modern museum, you’ll have a deep understanding about the geography of Yangtze River, the changes of Three Gorges and the world-famous project Three Gorges Dam; know the history of ancient Ba and Yu, as well as learn about every aspect of Chongqing City in 20th century.
Then drive to the “The First Corridor across Yangtze River” to experience the 1166-meter-long Yangtze River Cableway to have a panoramic view of the mountain city and Yangtze River. (Please note: it’s recommended to take Yangtze River cableway in a clear day.) Before the night falls, head to Hongya Cave to end your today’s Chongqing tour. You’ll find yourselves in a world of stilted buildings with old streets lined with featured souvenir stores, elaborate specialty shops and spectacular collection of restaurants ranging from western food to Japanese cuisine to various Chinese favorites. If time permits, enjoy the stunning night view of Hongya Cave at sunset.
After the tour, you’ll be transferred to the airport, train station or cruise port for your departure flight, train or Yangtze River cruise.
Note: All attractions can be customized according to your arrival and departure arrangements. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Yangtze River Cableway for Panoramic View of Chongqing
Beautiful Night View of Hongya Cave
Ciqikou Old Town
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 4~5 more days to cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
Taking a relaxing cruise sailing on the Yangtze River is a popular way to get a short break during your China tour. You’ll not only enjoy many colorful cultural activities and entertainment programs onboard, but also enjoy three to four shore excursions to deeply know the authentic life along Three Gorges and witness the world-famous Three Gorges Dam.
You can take: 1) 4 Days & 3 Night Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang; 2) 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with
or a king size
bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or
Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's
and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours
the full day individual
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
Arrived in Yangon!
We had a great trip in China.
Thanks for everything!!!
- Catherine - January 9, 2020‚ ,
I am having trouble with my internet provider. Last week I wrote a fantastic review of you and your guides. It took me an hour.
I sent it off but the whole email just disappeared.
I will write as soon as I change my provider next week.
All the best,
- Terry - January 9, 2020‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to email@example.com with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!