9 Days Splendid Yangtze River Cruise from Jiujiang to Chongqing 2021
- Yangtze River Area Stories Hearing with Splendors from only $2,600
Three Gorges of the Yangtze River is indeed classic, gorgeous and memorable to be one of the top-must for a China travel! Why not extend the classic cruise trip to explore more fantastic splendor, culture, history and ethnic highlights of the lower reaches of the great Yangtze? In 2021, the favored high-end Yangtze Explorer under advanced Sanctuary Retreats offers the newly created 9 Days Yangtze River cruise from Jiujiang Chongqing. All best nature, culture, history and authentic beauty are covered during your passing Jiujiang, Wuhan, Yueyang, Jingzhou, Yichang and Chongqing. And you will appreciate the magnificent and famous Three Gorges and Three Gorges Dam project from different great angles. There are not only the high aspirations of heroes during the past dynasties, but also the soft artistic allurance of poetic and artistic masterpieces left long. There are only 6 schedules sailing (August to November) in whole 2021! Let’s glimpse at what to expect during the vacation and on the cruise at below! Book early to enjoy more discount!
Jiujiang to Chongqing Yangtze Cruise - Dialogue with Remained Treasures in 11 Days
① Super value all-inclusive cruise package: enjoy a quite valuable sailing vacation with everything included in the quotation from US$2,600 per person, including rooms of super 5-star hotel standard, three meals per day with plentiful types of delicious food & drinks, 24-hour caring service around the cruise, all attractions visiting, tour guides, etc., which needs only about US$289 (about CNY1,907) per day for each one.
② Meet the real diverse and aged China: relaxing and rich cruise vacation to soak in best natural views, culture, art, history and life pace of thriving cities and hidden villages along the 1,530 kilometers long route from the southeast, central and east part of China.
③ Hear poetic song of authentic culture and history of the Yangtze River: Have a in-depth exploration of the more authentic folk culture and historical events of ancient Jiujiang, long prosperous Wuhan, important Jingzhou, literal Yueyang and other wonderful places during the past over 2,000 years. And Immerse yourself into the soft and exquisite artistic and literal charm with rare visits to poetic old countryside, famous towers, etc.
④ All-around exploration of Three Gorges beauty: travel along the picturesque sightseeing gallery of the well-known and gorgeous Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge and hike up to the fine mountaintop to have a terrific bird’s eye view of the grand spectacle.
⑤ Close-up to best real china: Seek the mystery and skills of world favored porcelains in Jingdezhen and enjoy your personal hand-making opportunity.
⑥ Three Kingdoms period stories: Enrich your knowledge about the terrains, historical stories, literal flavors, heroes’ ambition, etc. during the domestically famous Three Kingdoms period by walking to the real sites and excellent museums, ancient walls, etc. in Wuhan, Jingzhou, etc.
⑦ Totally relaxing travel: Quite relaxing trip to experience a lot of highlights without worrying pack in or pack up frequently.
⑧ Close visit to 10 cities: enjoy fantastic visits to 3 provinces ( Jiangxi, Hubei and Hunan), 1 municipalities (Chongqing), 8 cities (Yichang, Jingzhou, Yueyang, Wuhan, Jiujiang / Nanchang / Jingdezhen). All bests in 9 days.
Jiujiang to Chongqing Yangtze Cruise Highlights
Luxury Leisure Vacation with Yangtze Explorer - Yangtze Only Super 5-star Cruise Ship
Yangtze Explorer under the management of global well-known luxury travel brand - Sanctuary Retreats is the best super 5-star cruise ship superior with the most spacious stand cabins of 31 s.q.m. wide and all exquisite roomy dining rooms, public entertainment space, sightseeing sundeck, etc. for your high expectation of a real deluxe vacation by a cruise. Furthermore, Yangtze Explorer is featured with its praised one-on-one VIP service, catering your seeking and needs of the first-chop service matching your noble status. You can check more ship facilities, cabins, deckplans, food & drinks, onboard service, entertainment, reviews, etc. and more photos of Yangtze Explorer!
A surprising flavors tour with a rich range of Chinese & Western gourmet prepared by the team of internationally trained chefs.
Detailed Sailing Schedules at below:
Oct.28.2021 ~ Nov.5.2021
Nov.3.2021 ~ Nov.11.2021
Nov.11.2021 ~ Nov.19.2021
Detailed Itinerary for 9-day Jiujiang to Chongqing Cruise
All the Yangtze River cruise sailing from Jiujiang to Chongqing will take 9 days and 8 nights along the lower and middle reaches of Yangtze River. The first day is for your arrival in Jiujiang / Nanchang / Jingdezhen based on your interested discovery of the next day and you will stay overnight at the local luxury hotel or resort. On the second day, you will enjoy one full day exploring highlights or Lushan Mountain in Jiujiang, Museum of Haihun Marquis Tomb Site in Nanchang or Jingdezhen Town according to your choice of the day 1. And in the late afternoon, the cruise company will arrange buses to escort you to Jiujiang Port for ship embarkation and start your sailing. You will enjoy full days from the third day to eighth day to enjoy the natural, cultural, historical, economical and food highlights all the way passing various parts of Wuhan, Yueyang, Jingzhou, Yichang and Wuhan, including visits to Three Gorges, Three Gorges Dam, etc. On the morning of the ninth day, you will arrive in Chongqing downtown and the cruise will dock at Chongqing Chaotianmen Port for your disembarkation. The cruise company will also arrange vehicle to escort you to Chongqing airport / railway station for your leaving for the next destination or home. Check the following cruise itinerary from Jiujiang to Chongqing to have a general idea about what to expect during such in-depth Yangtze river vacation!
Map of Jiujiang Chongqing Cruise Route
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Jiujiang / Nanchang / Jingdezhen Arrival (D)Hotel Check-out in Jiujiang / Nanchang / Jingdezhen
Welcome to the Jiujiang to Chongqing cruise journey with Yangtze Explorer. Today, gather first at the hotel in Jiujiang, Nanchang or Jingdezhen based on your own interest. And the hotel choice determines the day tour of the next day.
A: Luxury Hotel in Jiujiang City - Day Tour to Lushan Mountain;
B: Shagnri-La Hotel in Nanchang - Day Tour to Museum of Haihun Marquis Tomb Site;
C: Resort Hotel in Jingdezhen - Day Tour to Jingdezhen with Porcelain Making Experience.
Day 2 Jiujiang / Nanchang / Jingdezhen & Embarkation (B, L, D)Highlights: Full day excursion to A: Lushan Mountain, OR B: Museum of Haihun Marquis Tomb Site, C: Jingdezhen based on your hotel location; Embarkation at Jiujiang Port during 16:00-17:00
Lushan Mountain is listed as one of the 10 Famous Mountains in China and is famous for having long been complimented by many famous ancient Chinese poets in their masterpieces to describe its peculiar beautiful sightseeing and many kinds of looks from different angle of view. Stay at local luxury hotel in Jiujiang City.
Museum of Haihun Marquis Tomb Site displays the collections from the tomb of Liu He who was the 27th emperor of Han Dynasty. It is the largest, best preserved and most abundant Han Dynasty marquis tomb found so far and discovers outstandingly the politics, harem fight, massacre, extravagant life and decline in West Han Dynasty 2,000 years ago. Stay in Shangri-La Hotel in Nanchang.
Jingdezhen Town has been especially famous for over 1,000 years and reputed as “City of Ceramics” for its excellent skill of porcelain production. Visit this elegant town in Jiangxi Province to watch in person the real ancient porcelain factory, ancient kiln porcelain yard, Expo area and various exquisite artistic porcelain works. Follow the expert to learn to make your own porcelain. Stay in a local resort hotel in Jingdezhen.
Take the arranged tourist bus to the port in Jiujiang and board your cruise during 16:00-17:00. The cruise start sailing at 17:00.
Jingdezhen Porcelain Producing
Museum of Haihun Marquis Tomb Site in Nanchang
Jiujiang Lushan Mountain
Day 3 Wuhan / Huanggang (B, L, D)Highlights: Full day excursion to A: Wuhan (Yellow Crane Tower, Hubei Provincial Museum & local flavored lunch); OR B: Huanggang (Red Cliff, local flavored lunch at Meizhou Dongpo Restaurant); Drama on Zhiyinhao Ship
Yellow Crane Tower from 223 AD is the symbol of Wuhan and is one of the Three Famous Towers in Regions South of the Yangtze River. The antique designs, flying eaves, and rich left charm is great to soak in the literal culture in the historically well-known Chinese poem.
Hubei Provincial Museum, one of the 8 national class museums in China, displays nearly 1,000 pieces of state-level historic and cultural relics. It currently holds over 240 thousand objects to logistically introduce the history and culture of the ancient Chu State and the ancient Yangtze River, among which the most astonishing are the objects excavated from the Zenghouyi Tomb which was built about 2,400 years ago.
Red Cliff is the very site of the historical famous war - Battle of the Red Cliff in 208 AD and contains the original battleground more relative poems and ancient buildings for a clear understanding of the influential place in Chinese history and literary.
Zhiyinhao Ship provides the multi-dimensional drama to show the typical look of the old Wuhan and the port life during 1920s ~ 1930s with great stories.
Ref Cliff in Huanggang, Hubei
Live Performance on Zhiyinhao Cruise in Wuhan
Precious Chimes at Hubei Provincial Museum
Yellow Crane Tower
Day 4 Yueyang (B, L, D)Highlights: A: Yueyang Tower + Bianhe Street; OR B: Zhang Guying Village
Yueyang Tower is one of the ten famous historical and cultural towers in China which is well-known for over 1,000 thousand years since the classic Chinese poem. Besides the outstanding construction skills and abundant poem and calligraphic displays, you can get on the tower to admire the great sightseeing of Dongting Lake.
Bianhe Street is a 300-meter long antique street with elegant and ancient charm and is great to savor the ancient styled architectures with mixed culture of Yueyang Tower, Dongting Lake and the famous Yueyang City.
Zhangguying Village of more than 500 years old since the moving in of Zhang Guyang who was a master of Fengshui is praised as “Forbidden City for Folks”, where preserves quite complete ancient village houses, stream and paths and keeps almost the original look hundreds of years ago for a pleasant admiration.
Yueyang Zhangguying Village
Yueyang Bianhe Street
Day 5 Jingzhou (B, L D)Highlights: Jingzhou Ancient City Wall; Jingzhou Museum
Jingzhou Ancient City Wall is one of the best preserved and larges scaled city wall in southern part in China, which is historic from the Warring States period. Visit this ancient site to admire its look kept from the Qing dynasty and understand the history of Jingzhou being the famous place in the past dynasties.
Jingzhou Museum is one of the top National First Class Museums in China with over 130 thousand pieces of historical cultural relics. Admire the top best silk and colorful lacquer exhibitions from the Warring States period, well preserved swords of famous ancient kings. Besides, it boasts the best preserved and most historic ancient male corpse buried in 167BC from the Western Han dynasty.
Jingzhou Ancient City Wall
Day 6 Yichang (B, L, D)Highlight: A: Three Gorges Dam; OR B:Tribe of Three Gorges; Sail through the Five-stages Ship Locks
The Three Gorges Dam is the No.1 must-see attraction arranged by every ship as the first or last shore excursion. Located in Yichang City, it has been the world’s largest power station. Three Gorges Dam is 3,335 meters long and the top of the dam is 185 meters above sea level. The dam consists of three parts - dam body, power plants and ship lift. It is used for producing electricity, but also increase the Yangtze River’s shipping capacity. Travelers with a Yangtze River cruise will spend about 2 to 3 hours visiting the dam. You will not only have a close look at the impressive huge dam, but also learn the history, social impact, economics about the dam.
Tribe of Three Gorges is one of the best complimented scenic spots by foreign cruise visitors and is superb to get close to the particularly tranquil, primitive and nice sightseeing of villages on water, on mountain and off brook with fine exploration of interesting folk custom of Tujia minority people.
Three Gorges Dam Five Stages Ship Locks is so far the largest ship locks globally. With a water height difference of 113 meters in total, it is the most complicated ship locks to construct universally.
Three Gorges Dam with Ship Locks
World-famous Three Gorges Dam
Day 7 Wushan (B, L, D)Highlights: Sail through Wu Gorge & Qutang Gorge, Shennv Heaven Path
Qutang Gorge at the western section is narrow and dramatic like an art gallery of nature, which offers superb magnificent scenery for all guests.
Wu Gorge is the middle one gorge. It is a mysterious gorge site well-known for its frequently rising and passing mists, which is extremely beautiful and gorgeous with the leaves in red, yellow, golden and orange during autumn.
Shennv Heaven Path with an average altitude of about 1,200 meters is advantageous to overlook the belt-like emerald Yangtze and verdant flowery gorge mountains, especially for the autumn and winter red leaves.
Wushan Shennv Heaven Path in Chongqing
Magnificent Qutang Gorge
Breathtaking Wu Gorge Scenery
Day 8 Fuling (B, L, D)Highlight: 816 Nuclear Military Plant
816 Nuclear Military Plant strikes the world not only because it’s the world largest artificial cave, but also for its unveiled structure of the real nuclear plant (radiationless for no manufacture happened). You would meet the tens of kilometers long cave, multiple paths inside and a lot of unbelievable parts in the 816 Underground Project. As in the list of 20th century’s architectural heritages in China, this plant is really great for visiting, education and knowledge enrichment.
Fuling 816 Nuclear Military Plant
Day 9 Chongqing Disembarkation (B)Disembark the cruise at Chaotianmen Port around 09:00 a.m.
Welcome to Chongqing, the City of Mountain. Chongqing is China’s fourth municipality after Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin, attracting visitors from home and aboard for its delicious food, cultural heritage, tourist attractions, unbelievable mountain landform... Located at the confluence of Yangtze River and Jialing River, it is best to appreciate the view of the city center. Disembark the cruise at 09:00 in the morning! The cruise company will arrange a vehicle to see you off at the Chongqing airport / train station. If you like, you can also choose to discover Chongqing after disembarkation.
Chongqing Chaotianmen Dock
- Accommodation: one single bed in the Deluxe Suite (31.00 m2), based on two persons sharing one room;
- Meals onboard and on land as specified in the itinerary;
- Transportation: pick-up and drop-off service for embarkation and disembarkation in Jiujiang / Nanchang / Jingdezhen and Chongqing, while sightseeing in each shore excursion visit;
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and the cruise;
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary;
- Guide introduction service during each shore excursion listed in the itinerary;
- High staff-to-guest ratio ensures personalized service;
- Elegant casual ambience & enrichment programmes;
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
(The price will be a little lower if you pay in Chinese Yuan (RMB!)
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary;
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received;
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary;
- Meals not listed in the itinerary (breakfast and lunch on Day 1; lunch and dinner on Day 11);
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.;
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.;
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!
No documents found.
1. The above information including itinerary, attractions, and shore excursions, is not fixed and will be changed slightly because of the differences in ships, seasons, water levels, and weather condition.
2. Included meals as noted in above itinerary: (B) = Breakfast; (L) = Lunch; (D) = Dinner.
3. Get to / away from Chongqing: Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport has frequent flights to majority domestic places in China and some direct flights to Seoul, Tokyo, Nagoya, Bangkok, etc. Besides, Chongqing North Railway Station, Chongqing West Railway Station and Chongqing Shapingba Railway Station has high speed trains to / from Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Guilin, Kunming, Guangzhou, etc.
4. Get to / away from Jiujing: Jiujiang has a few flights to / from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Xiamen, etc. And there are high speed trains with Beijing, Xiamen, Wuhan, Nanchang, Shenzhen, Fuzhou, Hangzhou, Zhengzhou, etc.
5. Get to / away from Nanchang: Nanchang Changbei International Airport has more than 130 routes to almost large cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Hong Kong, Macau, Taipei, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Kunming, Shenzhen, Dalian, etc. in China and some international destinations like Bangkok, Singapore, Osaka, etc. Also, there are many bullet trains to / from Shanghai, Hangzhou, Beijing, Shenzhen, Ningbo, Guiyang, Xiamen, Chongqing, Chengdu, Changsha, etc.
6. Get to / away from Jingdezhen: Jingdezhen Luojia Airport has direct flights with Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Xiamen, Chengdu, Xian, etc. Besides, bullet trains from Shanghai, Fuzhou, Hangzhou, Nanchang, Wuhan, Xian, Zhengzhou, etc. are available.
7. What to Wear for Yangtze River Cruise: wear casual seasonal wears like coats, T-shirts, light knitwear, jeans, etc. in spring and autumn, shorts, light jackets, T-shirts, skirts, sunglasses, sun hat, sunblock, etc. in summer and jackets, warm pants, sweaters, gloves, scarves, etc. in winter.
8. What to Pack: Travel documents, “Carry On” luggage, confirmation letter, casual clothes to pack, daily commodities, credit cards, cash, mobile phone, cameras, as well as any essential medicines, etc.
Complimentary Services & Gifts for Yangtze Explorer Cruise Visitors
Travelers booking the special Chongqing Jiujiang cruise will enjoy abundant special complimentary servicesa and gifts for a wonderful superior travel experience.Booking the Deluxe Suite (31㎡)
People booking the Deluxe Suite of Yangtze Explorer would enjoy following services for free:
- Cruise butler service;
- Welcome fruit on the embarkation day and complimentary use of the soft MINI bar on the embarkation day;
- Specially prepared FIJI water in the room;
- Complimentary tea and snack all day;
- Delicate cuisines and drinkings from the dinner on the embarkation day to the breakfast on the disembarkation day;
- Appointed wines and drinkings during dining onboard, and unlimited bottled water for shore excursions;
- Executive guide introduction service for cruise and shore excursions;
- Experts sharing of cruise and attractions;
- Shuttle bus, scenic transfer and rope way in the scenic spots;
- Selected famous performance onland and cruise visiting demonstrated in the itinerary;
- Complimentary laundry services (total 6 pieces per suite);
- Concierge service for embarkation and disembarkation port cities
- Worry-free luggage service during whole sailing;
People booking the Executive Suite of Yangtze Explorer would enjoy following services for free (including all services for Deluxe Suite):
- Great Location on the upper decks of Xiling Deck (3rd Floor), Wu Deck (4th Floor) and Qutang Deck (5th Floor);
- Welcome Chinese tea on the embarkation day;
- Coffee, tea and snacks at the Executive Lounge;
- Mini Bar supplement every day;
- One bottle of wine (imported) in the suite;
- Complimentary red and white wine of appointed brands for dinner;
- Complimentary laundry services (total 16 pieces per suite);
- Turn down service and surprising gifts;
- Private cruise drinking party.
People booking the Jade Suite, Mandarin Suite, Celestial Suite or Imperial Suite of Yangtze Explorer would enjoy following services for free (including all services for Deluxe Suite and Executive Suites):
- Great Location on the upper decks of Xiling Deck (3rd Floor), Wu Deck (4th Floor) and Qutang Deck (5th Floor);
- Flight ticket of business class or high speed train ticket of business class from your departure city to ship embarkation city and ship disembarkation city back to your departure city;
- Room service with customized menu for once;
- One Bird cage afternoon tea in suite;
- Service of one butler and one vehicle for one room from and to the port of landing;
- Complimentary fruit basket daily;
- One bottle of specially supplied sparkling wine;
- Room service;
- Dyson hair dryer in the room;
- Unlimited laundry (water cleaning) and shoe shine service.
Interested in the cruise? Select from the following cruise dates and make an inquiry to start your trip planning & cruise vacation!