Yangtze Explorer (also called Yangzi Explorer) is the most luxury, and the only super 5-star ship on the Yangtze River. Carrying just 124 passengers, it offers the finest and the most personalized service (highest crew to passenger ratio on the river of 1:1) to ensure every level of comfort for an intimate cruising experience.
Chongqing - Yichang (4 days & 3 nights;)
Yichang - Chongqing (5 days & 4 nights;)
•This price range is based on a standard cabin for twin sharing.
•The prices are valid until Feb.28, 2018.
•Please enquiry for the exact price according to your nationality, cruising time and cruising route.
•Please quote us for the price may change during China's Golden Week (the first week of October) and Spring Festival.
Colorful Life on Yangtze Explorer
Dining on Yangtze Explorer offers the great chance to savor palatable cuisine at its finest. A team of internationally-trained chefs designed innovative menus of both Chinese and western dishes, catering to the most discerning of palates.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are buffets, served in the single-seating Dynasty Palace on the Main Deck. The team of chefs are always on hand to cater for particular dietary requirements, or a special dinner with family and friends.
With an a-la-carte menu and cooking lessons from the executive chef for all ages, you can enjoy and learn to cook local delicacies.
- Special dietary requirements, such as diabetic or vegetarian, are accepted onboard, but need to be advised in advance at time of booking with us or you can tell the front desk when checking in.
- To know exact dining time, you can have a clear idea by checking the daily schedule delivered in your cabin or suite, in the elevator or by listening to the broadcast.
- Room Service is available 24 hours a day. Please refer to the Room Service Menu in the Directory or dial extension 0 for more information.
- Dumpling making class: Learn how to make one of the most wildly recognized of Chinese foods from on board Chinese chef. Suitable for both adults and children. Since the time are different for upstream cruise and downstream cruise, please check the exact time at the front desk.
- Complimentary tea and coffee is offered in the early morning before breakfast (usually at 06:30~07:00) at Explorer Deck.
- Drinkable water is offered through the room thermos and bottled water (1 bottle per person per day). Please do not drink the tap water.
- In the afternoon if there is no shore excursion, travelers can enjoy complimentary afternoon tea with pastry with your family or friends.
- Explorer Bar is located in front of top deck with panoramic windows where offers drinks, beverage, wines for travelers from morning till night.
- The legal drinking age on Yangtze Explorer is 18 years old.
Cultural Activities & Entertainment Programs
Since there is no extra shore excursions for downstream and limited extra excursions for upstream, travelers can be involved in different kinds of cultural activities and entertainment programs during your spare time. You will not only learn Chinese culture and the history of the Yangtze River, but also have a fun time with other guests on board, making new friends and sharing your happy travel time with each other.
- Taichi Exercise - Learn from the certified Taichi master and experience the soothing art form in the outdoor observation deck area or inside the Tang Theatre. Taichi is an internal Chinese martial art practiced for both its defense training and its health benefits. Daily practice of Tai Chi promotes mental clarity and a healthy body, assists with balance and helps the circulation of the blood. Want to try?
- Traditional Chinese Culture Lectures: include Chinese Medicine demonstration to learn the traditional ways of curing from the experienced Chinese doctor; Chinese Tea Appreciation to taste different kinds of tea from different regions of China and learn about the benefit of tea drinking; Chinese Brush Painting and Calligraphy to watch and participate as the art instructor shows and explain the method of Chinese painting and writing; Mahjong Lesson to learn and understand the favorite pass-time of the Chinese “Mahjong” an ancient game that has been played through generations; Mandarin lesson to learn Chinese language, letter and pronunciation. More lectures are waiting for you to join!
- Crew Shows: The evening will be very lively with sing, dance and music! Travelers can enjoy happy shows performed by crew on board with many interesting themes, like Dynasty fashion show, talk show, singing and dancing show or cabaret show, etc.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Party: the captain and other staff on board will welcome you at the beginning of the cruise and see you off at the end of the cruise. You’ll enjoy a wide selection of items form the specially designed a la carte menu by the award-winning chef. Don’t forget the chance to toast with the captain!
On Yangtze Explorer cruise, you can enjoy high quality service in every detail to satisfy your needs. Please note that some of the service belongs to personal behaviors which needs extra charge.
Daily Schedule: Travelers can have clear idea about what you will do every day by listening to the broadcast with exact time, or checking the daily schedule sheet delivered to your cabin or suites.
Guide Service: An excellent and experienced English-speaking guide will accompany you all the way and he or she will introduce the facilities onboard, explain the Three Gorges (Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge), and join in to the evening entertainment to have fun with you. If you have any questions or need any help, just tell the guide directly.
Meal Delivery: If you want to enjoy meals in your cabins or on the sundeck, please tell your nees to front desk and they will help and arrange it.
Business Center: you can use Internet or Wifi to check your email or work if you need.
International / local phone calls and faxes are available at the reception desk and the Business Center on Yangtze Explorer cruise. It is also equipped with Internet access and an Internet cafe on board. All of these services are fee-based and you can sign these charges to your account and settle them at the end of the voyage.
Money Exchange: You can exchange different kinds of currency onboard, like US dollars, Euro, Ren Min Bi, etc.
Laundry: Of course, you can do laundry onboard. There are laundry bags in every cabin that you just need to put your clothes into the bags and the staff will come and collect your clothes. When finished washing, the staff will send your clothes back to your cabin. Doing laundry onboard needs extra charge. To know the detailed price, please ask for our professional cruise agents.
Luggage Carrying: You don’t need to carry your luggage on your own and just tell your cabin number to the porters and he will help you do it no matter for embarkation or disembarkation. It needs extra charge and you can discuss the price with porters beforehand.
Tangtze Explorer offers a wide variety of massage services in one of the six uniquely designed oriental private treatment rooms on Qutang Deck. You can totally relax yourself after a shore excursion or kill your time at afternoon. Lounges, and bars on board are good choices to meet new friends.
- Opening hours of massage rooms: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
- Suite lounge, with computers and internet access, offers hot and cold beverages, special canapés and snacks throughout the day. Free flow of house wine & local beer are offered during pre-dinner.
There is a health clinic on Wu Deck of Yangtze Explorer, providing high standard 24 hours on-call medical services from ship’s doctor.
For daily exercise, there is a Fitness Centure on Qutang Deck, offering the best equipment on the Yangtze. You can also join to play Taichi on the sundeck every morning.
Public Facilities & Location
|Main Lobby||1F||Reception Desk||1F||Photo Center
|Lotus Room||5F||Tang Theater
|Beauty Salon||4F||Massage Room||4F||Gym Room||4F|
|Sun Deck||5F||Dynasty Palace
|Connecting Cabins||Private Balcony||Individual air-conditioning system||Extension Telephone||TV & TV Controller||Satellite programs|
|Private Bathroom||Shower||Bathtub||Mini Bar||Life Jacket||Mineral Water|
|Telephone Directory||Hair Dryer||Shampoo||Bath Foam||Shower Cap||Bath Towel|
|Bed||Face Towel||Hand Towel||Floor Towel||Soap||Soap Plate|
|Tea Bags||Coffee Spoon||Shoe Sponge||Toliet Paper||Safe Box||Laundry Bags|
|Desk||Chair||Clothes Hanger||Cloth Line||Laundry Bags||Ball-pen|
Please note: if you can't find the amenities you need, please ask front desk for help!
2016 Schedule of Yangtze Explorer
Other Ships of this Company
The company has no other ship
>> View All
Save up more to Book a China Tour Package including Yangtze Cruise
- 1 5 Days Yichang Tour with Yangtze Cruise Experience (Yichang / Yangtze Cruise / Chongqing) from request
- 1 4 Days Chongqing Essence Tour with Yangtze Cruise (Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang ) from request
- 1 6 Days Chongqing, Yangtze River & Zhangjiajie Tour (Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie) from request
- 1 11 Days China Golden Triangle Tour with Yangtze River Cruise (Beijing / Xian / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai) from $1979
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: