1 Day Chongqing City Essence Tour
- Tour Code:
- You Choose!
- Private tour guide & driver + Private car/van
- Trip overview:
- Visit the highlighted attractions in Chongqing or "Mountain City" as it is known before or after your cruise. The must-sees are: Giant Pandas in Chongqing Zoo, Ciqikou Old Town, Three Gorges Museum, and Hongya Cave.
- Price from:
1. This price is based on a group (2 to 5 travelers) accommodated in 3-star hotel in lower seasons.
2. This price is subject to change according your group members and traveling time. Usually more travelers, lower the price; higher price in high seasons, lower in low seasons.
3. This price is valid until February 28th, 2016.
- Chongqing Zoo
- Ciqikou Old Town
- Three Gorges Museum
- Hongya Cave
- Explore the Mountain City leisurely to absorb the special atmosphere;
- See the lovely Giant Pandas and other rare species in Chongqing Zoo;
- Learn some history about Yangtze River and Chongqing in Three Gorges Museum.
Sampling Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Chongqing
Welcome to Chongqing, the Mountain City of China! Upon arrival, the local guide will meet you at Chongqing Jiangbei Airport or train station and escort you to downtown area for today’s sightseeing.
First drive to Chongqing Zoo which has more than 240 species of animals and over 4,200 in total. In the Panda House, you can have a memorable time and close contact with the lovely giant pandas and red pandas. Besides, you can see the rare South China tiger and white tiger, the Asian elephant and more animals.
Next will be an interesting visit to the thousand-year-old Ciqikou Ancient Town, a famous business harbor in ancient time. Reputed as “Little Chongqing”, Ciqikou is a heaven-like place where you can leisurely wander along the bustling old streets with Ming and Qing architectures standing by, visit the featured shops, taste delicate local snacks, or enjoy a cup of at the old teahouse.
Later drive about 13km from Ciqikou to Three Gorges Museum which sits opposite to People’s Assembly Hall. Entering into this large and modern museum, you’ll have a deep understanding about the geography of Yangtze River, the changes of Three Gorges and the world-famous project Three Gorges Dam; know the history of ancient Ba and Yu, as well as learn about every aspect of Chongqing City in 20th century.
Before the night falls, head to Hongya Cave to end your today’s Chongqing tour. You’ll find yourselves in a world of stilted buildings with old streets lined with featured souvenir stores, elaborate specialty shops and spectacular collection of restaurants ranging from western food to Japanese cuisine to various Chinese favorites. If time permits, enjoy the stunning night view of Hongya Cave at sunset.
After the tour, you’ll be transferred to the airport, train station or cruise port for your departure flight, train or Yangtze River cruise.
Note: All attractions can be customized according to your arrival and departure arrangements. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Recommended Add-on Options
+ 2 more days to visit the largest metropolis in China - Shanghai
Experience the past, present and future of China all at once!
The Huangpu River splits Shanghai into two districts: Pudong and Puxi. The Pudong skyline with stunning tall buildings like Shanghai Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center and Oriental Pearl TV Tower gives you a flourishing scene of modern Shanghai. On the Puxi side, walk along the Bund to get a taste of old Shanghai. What a huge contrast!
+ 4~5 more days to cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
Taking a relaxing cruise sailing on the Yangtze River is a popular way to get a short break during your China tour. You’ll not only enjoy many colorful cultural activities and entertainment programs onboard, but also enjoy three to four shore excursions to deeply know the authentic life along Three Gorges and witness the world-famous Three Gorges Dam.
You can take: 1) 4 Days & 3 Night Downstream Cruise from Chongqing to Yichang; 2) 5 Days & 4 Nights Upstream Cruise from Yichang to Chongqing.
- Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.(Exceptions: If the western breakfast is not available in some of the hotels, breakfast would be either Chinese breakfast or Chinese and western breakfast.)
Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with twin beds or a king size bed; All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast; Please note double bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's availability and re-confirmation upon check-in.
Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas.
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary.
- Sightseeing As listed in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide;
- Service of local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours during the full day individual tour packages.
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes.
- Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels.
- Flights (Economy class) not as listed in the itinerary.
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary.
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to China. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Life Tourist insurance. Please kindly note that the full coverage travel insurance from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own.
- Optional activities.
* Please note that our English-speaking guide and driver provided for you in each city or area will not fly with you from one city to another.
Read what other travelers think about this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. We only accept reviews from actual, confirmed travelers who purchased the tour / activity from us, so you can be sure the reviews are unbiased and authentic.
my apologies for not doing this sooner but I have been really sick & basically stuck in bed...
but I have actually got up & written my review in TripAdvisor this morning... I wanted to send you a link after submitting my review but TripAdvisor is not letting me do so at this moment. I guess it is going through the process of submitting written text first & then will be uploaded.
Wendy, you were such a great help & fantastic to deal with... and you are such a lovely intelligent person - it was an absolute pleasure to work with you on my trip to the Yangtse and that's why I wanted to come & speak with you personally about further travel arrangements.
I hope you don't mind but I put your photo on my facebook page - hope that is OK.. please let me know if it is not OK... if you can, check it out at facebook******
Ok once again thankyou for your excellent assistance - you are great :-)
- Rebecca - April 11, 2017‚ ,
Please note my responses below.
Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions? Stephanie was terrific. She was extremely patient with me and answered all questions professionally and in a timely manner. Admittedly, I am a fairly demanding traveler---Stephanie was up to the task and performed beyond my expectations. I will add my comments about Stephanie in my review on TripAdvisor.
How’s the service of the tour guides during your whole tour? The two guides were good. My guide in Chongqing was terrific and deserves special mention. I wanted to visit the old 18 Steps neighborhood with is undergoing redevelopment and made it happen. I wanted a traditional Hotpot dinner before the cruise and she made that happen too---without another tourist in sight.
Would you like to recommend our company? I would highly recommend your company and I will use you again on Chinese travel matters.
- Larry - April 10, 2017‚ ,
Here are recent candid photos of this China trip / Yangtze cruise trip. If you want to share your own tour photos, simply email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Booking ID Number. Thanks in advance for sharing!
Visitors who viewed this tour also viewed
4 Days Chongqing Essence Tour with Yangtze Cruise
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
5 Days Chongqing City Tour with Yangtze River Cruise
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang
6 Days Chongqing, Yangtze River & Zhangjiajie Exciting Tour
Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Zhangjiajie
You can rely on our local expert knowledge and endless enthusiasm; tell us your needs, and get a professional proposal with the best quotation within 0.5~23.5 hrs.